Does your half/wife/partner supports you?

Options

Replies

• blkmale67
    blkmale67 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yes she does, matter of fact she is also a MFP member and we are doing it together.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Always! She even comes out to all my races!
  • anawhatsme
    anawhatsme Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    absolutely.
    he supports me in all areas of my life, more than anyone ever has - probably more than anyone ever could.
    i'm lucky to have him.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I'm sad to see all of the people whose spouses don't support them. My hubby is sometimes concerned when I am going on a long run or if I've had a problem lately when out running. And sometimes he complains when I am doing an evening workout because he feels guilty for not doing the same. But he compliments me, he is interested in what I have to say about my workouts or achievements. He doesn't complain about what I cook. He took up running shortly after I did, and it's a lot harder for him, so I really support his effort too. He is a lot slower than I am, but we run together for an hour or two on the weekend.

Pam
  • fitnfun1
    fitnfun1 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Sometimes yes, sometimes no. He can be a bad influence on me for eating habits. However, I do know it is ultimately up to me to say no and be good with my eating.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,101 Member
    Options
    Yessssssss! All the way hereI I WOULD NOT be where I am today without him! Even when I COOK TWO differeny meals but I DON'T force what I EAT ON HIM! When I EAT new things its ok with himI Hes the reason I AM HERE. Actually, my grandson is also! :smile:
  • Gemini_1980
    Gemini_1980 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Very much so:bigsmile: could not have done this without him:love:
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yes, all the way! It's a change for the entire family for life!!
  • vs1023
    vs1023 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Yup totally!! I'm hoping when life is a bit easier he will join me in this journey.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Yep 100%, He saw his wife exercising and losing weight and he jumped on the wagon too. He lost about 10 kg.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    My husband is wonderful. Anytime I decide to diet or just eat healthier my husband will diet and encourage us eating healthier. He will also exercise with me. He is always very supportive and encouraging.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Very supportive! Could only do this with his support and encouragement. With that said I don't like competetion when I exercise so I prefer to do my exercise alone. But no problem there because he isn't one to go exercise instead he's much more likely to weed the garden or do a project around the house and be active that way. I'm grateful for his support!
  • queennahs
    queennahs Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes.

Sometimes I like that he supports me, like when he says, "Wow honey, you're getting more compact and toned." or, "Look at those arm muscles!" or "Your bum looks lifted." or "You're doing really well. I think your tummy has gone down."

Other times when he's being supportive I don't like it, like when he says, "Honey, should you really be eating that?" (As I wander out of the kitchen with a big bowl of ice cream) or "Did you do your exercise this morning, bunny? I didn't feel you get up early to go do it." (After I have slept in for days in a row and justified doing so with a whole heap of 'reasonable reasons'.)

Hehehe... I think you get my drift. He's got the totally supportive thing covered. :)
  • NinjaMonkey201
    Options
    Absolutely, 100%. So does our 22 month old son. Sounds weird, I know. But he'd rather eat fruits and veggies (that he steals from me) rather than cookies or candy.
    I also have great support from my dad, mom-in-law, dad-in-law, and sis-in-law.

The only people I don't get support from are my sister and mother.
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is supportive. He's actually been jumping on the bandwagon. He had been talking for several years about how he wanted to start working out again, but he never did, but now he comes to the gym with me on his days off. We're living together now as well, so we obviously share meals, usually at least dinner, so he eats my healthy cooking and enjoys it. He's even commented how fried food just no longer really tastes good to him either, and just today he mentioned how he was craving vegetables. He even told me (very proudly) the other day how he hadn't had a soda all day, he'd just had black coffee and tea for his caffeine.

We've both lost weight in the four months we've been living together (which is also when I started actively trying again to lose weight). I've lost about 15 pounds. He doesn't know how much he's lost, but I can see a visible difference.
  • JPDad
    JPDad Posts: 147
    Options
    My wife supports me. She is the reason I am on this journey. She also does most of the cooking during the week, so I really don't have a choice.
  • CrystalMarie253
    Options
    My husband not only joined MFP after I did, he started running on his own, working out, and he eats everything I eat too. If he buys "bad" foods, he hides it from me. If I don't know it's in the house I won't eat it so this is good! LOL! By no means did my husband need to lose any weight, but he's lost 15 lbs and toned up and he looks so good w/o a shirt on now! Yum! :love: LOL!
  • ls_66
    ls_66 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Well the problem with my wife is that she needs to loose some weight but I can't get her to either help me with grocery shopping for healthy food or join me.... she is a total addict for refined sugars..... Do I give up or.????
  • onefourone
    Options
    Nope she doesn't
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    Well the problem with my wife is that she needs to loose some weight but I can't get her to either help me with grocery shopping for healthy food or join me.... she is a total addict for refined sugars..... Do I give up or.????

This isn't about her - this about you!

If you decide to give this up because of "her", that could lead to resentment - don't use her as an excuse to quit. You buy your food and let her have what she wants, you may have to do your own cooking for awhile until she realizes you are serious. Have a heart to heart with her and tell her YOUR goals and let her know it would be great to know she supports you (doesn't have to join you tho).