Getting hit on by freaks

Options

Replies

• josery1630
    josery1630 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny that several of the guys on here (ahem Scott613, msf74 and others) are complaining about men being lumped into the "creeper" category (because according to some of you, EVERYONE is a creeper in our eyes), but they have basically lumped all women into the b*tch category based on a few catty people.

You want to be the pot or the kettle, guys?
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Went to goth night at a local bar about 9 years ago. Music was pretty loud as you can imagine so I went outside to sit on the patio by myself for a bit to try to reduce the pounding in my head. This really creepy guy starts chatting me up. It was an odd conversation and I'm trying to be polite but then it gets worse and I start talking about my husband every chance I get. He asked me what I thought of the weather and I'm like "My husband and I really like this type of weather"... so any way... he's trying to get my number and hook up with me... when FINALLY my husband comes outside! YAY!!! Well... turns out this guy was bisexual I guess cause now he's putting the moves on my hubs and ignoring me! It was awesome! I laughed my *kitten* off and went inside!

When I worked in a 1 hour photo lab, I had a 60 year old customer ask me to pose nude for him when I was 18... for his 'big beautiful goddess calendar' and he even offered to pay me $30/hr... I was just a tad bit shy and just about had a freaking stroke. My co-worked got mad when I told her the story because she said that he hadn't offered to pay her when he asked her to pose! lol
    Awkward but funny!
  • jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    I always say thank you when someone gives me a compliment. That's just how I was raised here in Texas, to be polite. If they keep at it, I tell them I'm married and that usually ends it. If not, I tell them to get a hint.

I met a guy that is a friend of a guy I work with that would probably fall into the creeper category. He hits on everyone! When my friend introduced me and my husband, he says "hey" to my husband and proceeds to tell me how pretty my eyes are and flirting with me. My husband just sat back and laughed! It then clicked that he was told that the guy I was standing next to was my husband and proceeds to tell my husband that I am hot and he needs to "keep an eye on me". He then hit on every girl in our group! I guess he thought statistically, someone would eventually say yes?
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I had a 40-year-old double amputee hit on me once. That was weird and just awkward.

Lieutenant Dan needs love too :)
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny that several of the guys on here (ahem Scott613, auticus, msf74 and others) are complaining about men being lumped into the "creeper" category, but they have lumped all women into the b*tch category based on a few catty people.

I haven't lumped all women into the b*tch category. I never once said that all women were b*tches. Or implied it. If you take it that way, that's on you.

I said the difference between a creeper and a non-creeper is if the woman in question wants the guy to hit on her or not and that some people need to get over themselves. I gave an example that people say to go out and talk to women, but when you do, you can get slapped down pretty hard. I also stated that women were just as physical and looks-oriented as men are.

If that implies that all women are b*tches, I think you need a lesson in reading comprehension.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    ok so maybe I see things a little differently since most of my friends are guys. I dont think I've ever had a "creeper" as you put it. When a guy hits on me I say thank you and at least be polite. Think about it ladies they have the tougher job in the dating world. They usually have to approach you and your friends and try to be original enough to catch your attention. Be nice even if hes not your type. :bigsmile: you never know
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I've been invited into a threesome by a woman on court-ordered anti-psychotics who killed a man by stabbing him over 100 times.

So how was it?

Edited to add laughing smiley :laugh:
  • mwilbur27
    Options
    I personally dont dub a guy as a creeper until what he does after he hits on you. Has nothing to do with attraction. The same guy (homely or not) could hit on me but if I turn him down and he keeps pursuing it - then he's a creeper. If he takes the rejection and keeps moving then he was just a nice guy that I wasnt interested in. So note to self guys - if she says no. Just say thank you for your time and leave. Dont stalk her.
  • Bunnyfufu87
    Options
    I tend to take it as a compliment unless they follow me then I get freaked out. But the random your beautiful makes my day lol
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options

I haven't lumped all women into the b*tch category. I never once said that all women were b*tches. Or implied it. If you take it that way, that's on you.

I said the difference between a creeper and a non-creeper is if the woman in question wants the guy to hit on her or not and that some people need to get over themselves. I gave an example that people say to go out and talk to women, but when you do, you can get slapped down pretty hard. I also stated that women were just as physical and looks-oriented as men are.

If that implies that all women are b*tches, I think you need a lesson in reading comprehension.

I think just as it is with men, it is with women. SOME men are looks oriented, SOME women are.
    I think you're right about the non-creeper being someone women want to hit on them, but only in some cases.

For me if a guy came up to me (when i was single) at a bar or event and said hi and started chatting, I would engage in conversation to get to know them.
    If some guy (no matter how hot he is ) came up to me and smelled my hair, grabbed my *kitten*, acted aggressive in any sort of way - CREEPER.
    But that's me.
  • paulaGetshealthy
    Options
    I personally dont dub a guy as a creeper until what he does after he hits on you. Has nothing to do with attraction. The same guy (homely or not) could hit on me but if I turn him down and he keeps pursuing it - then he's a creeper. If he takes the rejection and keeps moving then he was just a nice guy that I wasnt interested in. So note to self guys - if she says no. Just say thank you for your time and leave. Dont stalk her.

This. Or how he hits on you. Asking me if he can take me home 'cause he's all the sugar he needs automatically makes him a creeper, regardless of his looks.
  • misskerouac
    Options
    In my 39 years on this planet I have never been hit on once by a lady. For some reason gay men hit on me a lot... :noway:
    Fortunately I have 15 years of marriage on my side. :)

Before I was married I used to hit on guys occasionally, if I thought that maybe they weren't confident/brave enough to make the first move, a lot of times I was wrong and they just weren't interested, apparently I thought I was more of a catch then they did, lol
  • Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Some food for thought....
    Ok the grocery store one reminds me when I went to the store about a year ago. There was a guy probably around 35 with a curly mullet that went to his shoulders. I turned on the aisle and he started dancing towards me and even did the whole fake lasso and pull me in. It was f***ing pathetic!!! He thought he was sooooo charming. I was like, does this usually work for you??? baha.

You have to admire his efforts for breaking the ice...but what if it was Brad Pitt? Would you feel the same?
    Us men tend to do some dumb **** when falling in love, like singing under her window in a boxer and acoustic guitar....

There is some truth to this. Hot people can get away with some of the dumbest pickup tactics. Doesn't mean they are more worthy of our time. It just means we are too busy being mesmerized by their hotness to realize that they are acting like an idiot. Some "idiots" turn out to be fun people and some are just...well...idiots. :tongue:
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    If a girl is going to hit on me, I prefer she be a freak! :blushing:
  • misskerouac
    Options
    bow-chica-wow-wow
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • LauraRose03
    Options
    Omg! I've never gotten anything like that!!! Too funny!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I get hit on in the weirdest ways. Honestly, I'm flattered (even by sweet old men who tell me I should be Miss America - and I'm not conceited or gorgeous, just pretty normal-looking) and usually get a kick out of the funny story of how I just got hit on. The only time I would say they're freaks is if they don't let up/follow me/do things that make me uncomfortable, like the first one below.

(1) In college, I was on my way to a final exam and had been up all night studying before taking a shower and heading off to the exam location. When I got there, my hair was still wet, and this guy from my class to whom I'd never spoken reached the door at the same time as I did and held open the door for me. I thanked him, and he followed me into the building - only natural since he had held the door open and needed to go to the same place as I did. Except he was following a little too close. I stopped for a sec to get my bearings (exams were never in the same classroom as your class was held, so I was in an unfamiliar building), and he came right up to me, put his face in my hair, took a big sniff, and asked me if I used Herbal Essences. All I could do was meekly reply that I had in fact just used Herbal Essences and walk away.

(2) I was in a convenience store a few years ago, and an African-American guy and I were the only customers in there at the time (his race becomes important in a sec). He was checking out in front of me with the Indian (yes, this is important) clerk, finished his transaction, and left. I stepped up to pay for my soda or whatever, and the clerk rolls his eyes at the customer that just left, tells me he hates "black people," then asks me if I like them. I told him that I didn't have a problem with any specific group of people. He then asked, "Do you like Indians?" I replied, "My best friend is Indian," which is true. His reply was, "Are you going to marry your best friend?" My reply was, "She's a girl." He smiled and said, "I would marry you," to which I replied, "Thank you, you're sweet," then finished my transaction and left. I mean, it actually might have been cute if he hadn't been a racist.

(3) A few months ago I ran errands in my husband's car (a new Civic coupe) as opposed to my ginormous Odyssey (minivan), and I was waiting for the left turn light. A Mustang convertible with two young guys pulled up and waved their hands to get my attention. People are pretty friendly where I live, so I rolled down my window, thinking maybe they need directions. They asked me if I was going to the beach (which would mean I'd be making a right turn, not a left, but whatever). I told them no, I needed to get home. The driver then said, "You and I need to go to the beach sometimes." I held up my left hand and said, "I'm married. I also have a four-month-old baby. You wouldn't want that." The left turn light came on, and as I was pulling away, he yelled, "But I *love* moms!" I can only imagine that conversation would not have happened had I been driving the minivan. Or maybe it would have, if he really does love moms. I pictured this guy oohing and ahhing over some lady wearing mom jeans and an embroidered vest :)

(4) About 10 years ago I was dating this guy who introduced me to an old high school (female) friend of his. She and I hit it off and started hanging out often. From what I understood, she was straight, since she had a boyfriend (he was cool but lived in Australia (I'm American), so we didn't see him often), though I suppose it's possible she was bisexual. Eventually she and her boyfriend broke up, so my then-boyfriend and I took her out to have fun and get drunk. On the drive back to her place, she started telling my boyfriend how awesome I was and how if she was ever going to become a lesbian, she'd want to get with me. He was kinda drunk, as was she (I was the DD), so we had a good laugh about it, and we later joked that she was trying to get us involved in a threesome. Anyway, since I was the sober one and she was pretty far gone, when we got to her house I got out of the car to help her not fall on the ice on the way into her apartment. She gave me a big hug at the door and then tried to kiss me. It ended up being a kiss a bit off the lips, but it was clear that I was going to kiss her cheek and she was going for my lips. She was so drunk that it was totally not awkward, and we still hung out a bit after that until the guy and I split up (I lost her as a friend in the break-up), but we never talked about it. Heck, she was cute, so if I was going to start going out with chicks, she'd have been at the top of my list, too. Just a funny situation overall.

I have had some other weird ones, too, including being called an African Queen and being asked what size shoes I wear because my feet were so pretty. I also still get hit on from time to time, but people here are so overly polite sometimes that they usually apologize when they see my wedding ring and tell me my husband's lucky. I don't think they're being creepy.

GUYS - don't force it or make a woman uncomfortable. Just be friendly, and if there's an opportunity to talk, then talk. You'll be able to tell right off the bat if she's actually responding to you, being nice to avoid an awkward situation, or weirded out. If she's either of the latter two, back off - tell her to have a nice day, and go on about yours. (Please note that even hot guys can come off as total jerks by not following these guidelines. If you come on too strong, I'll assume you're cocky and don't want to have anything to do with you, even if you are hot.)
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny that several of the guys on here (ahem Scott613, auticus, msf74 and others) are complaining about men being lumped into the "creeper" category, but they have lumped all women into the b*tch category based on a few catty people.

I don't see where any of the three of them even created a "b*tch category," let alone lumped all women into it.

I also don't sense that they believe all women are that superficial. But it is a fact of human nature that we are drawn to what is physically appealing FIRST. There are tons of women on this site who, invariably, respond to the "What's the sexiest part of the male anatomy?" thread with some comment about how personality is more important. Well, of course it is. But the first thing you notice about a person is what he or she looks like, and you make a mental judgment about whether or not that person is "good enough" for you based on physical appearance. Some women can get over a man not being the most conventionally handsome person she's ever seen once she gets to know him. Some women won't even bother getting to know a man who isn't "hot."

I think women are more forgiving than men when it comes to physical flaws, but what's interesting, in terms of this particular debate, is that it seems like men just love getting attention from women, whether the women are attractive or not, while women really only want attention from hot guys. Tell a man he's handsome, that he smells nice, that you like his shirt, whatever, and you make his day, even if he thinks you're average-looking, at best. If a man pays a woman a similar compliment and he's not good-looking, he's a "creeper."
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Or how he hits on you. Asking me if he can take me home 'cause he's all the sugar he needs automatically makes him a creeper, regardless of his looks.

This. I don't care who tries to convince me I should 'give a guy a break' (this is even if I were single, which I'm not) it is NEVER okay for a guy to suddenly come up behind a woman he doesn't know and start whispering to her, especially if he's indicating he smelled me. If that makes me a b*tch, then so be it, I'm a b*tch. It scared the *kitten* out of me and made my skin crawl.

Everyone handles situations how they deem best, so in my mind, being polite is liking telling this guy it's okay what he did. It's not okay and now he knows it. Perhaps he approached another woman since then by making sure she can see him and saying hi, my name is ____________. I mean c'mon, it's not asking a lot and it's not f*cking rocket science!!