Getting hit on by freaks

Options

Replies

• Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day, you can say people are shallow or whatever, but EVERYONE, boys and girls, would PREFER for their partner to be physically attractive to them, have a degree of intelligence and professional success. Anyone who says they wouldn't judge a person who had those qualities better INITIALLY than a toothless hobo who tells you that you smell nice on a train is plain out lying.

EVERYBODY smells nice to a hobo. lol... just sayin... :laugh:
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Mine aren't to bad when I read some of these.

One night I was out having a drink with a couple friends and they were like there is some guy staring at you. I glanced and was like no. he's watching Tv..... Later when I made a round trying to eye some hotties. He follows me for a round then approaches and asks if he can buy me a drink. I'm all for a free drink so I say sure. and try to do nice conversation But the whole time he just stares at me and doesn't reply.Then I drink my shot and then he asks if I want to F*** him in the alley. I just walked away....

One time while I was sleeping on the bus, Yes I do sleep in the bus. Some guy nudged me and asked for my number... and I guess I gave it out though I don't remember that part. He called me the next day and asked if he could buy me some leather after explaining who he was that is.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options

I suspect "creeper" is code for "confident guy who isn't as hot as I'd like him to be."

/\
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Oh, and BTW i'm shallow, my husband is a hot piece of *kitten*
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me feel bad for all the guys out there that think they have no chance.

Coming from a girl, I promise you, we're not all jerks. Some of us do appreciate a compliment, no matter where/who it comes from. One compliment is good. Multiple compliments and then following a person around a store or something isn't good.

In my opinion, the best way to hit on a person is to casually walk up, introduce yourself, and then use some kind of opening line (I even think cheesy pick up lines are okay, as long as you use them in a modest way and turn them into a joke/ice breaker).
    Overall, just be casual and friendly. Show that you have some balls to compliment us, but don't show those balls too much.

Just my opinion.
    I'll probably get flamed for having one, but it's the internet, what else is going to happen?
  • Alimacoo
    Options
    I tend to draw the attention of short older men. (I'm pushing 6 feet tall) The worst was a man in a bar who barely came up to my shoulder, and he started, uh, oh let's call it dancing, wiggling about, snapping his fingers, getting really close, and then he said in a low growl, "I want to climb you like a tree."

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! What a weirdo! Omg, that is hilarious though. The things people will say AND BELIEVE ARE ATTRACTIVE/ACCEPTABLE/etc...
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    oh good lord....had a creepy hillbilly tell me I had a pretty mouth ((banjos playing off in the distance))

17-19y.o. lil boys think I'm awesome even when I tell them I'm 25y.o. single mom!

Men in their 50s+ love telling me what pretty eyes and smile I have

Men my age or in my age range RARELY hit on me...makes me sad LOL
  • erzsebet_1560
    Options
    The creepiest person who hit on me, was me. And well I went all the way.

Also there was this one girl in the grocery store. I asked her for a bad of sugar, but she got this sugar substitute, and then walked ahead of me the whole time. I only needed a 60 pound bad of sugar, it was all that I needed.
    Also I think I was breathing pretty heavy at the time, from carrying all that sugar.

LMFAO!!!!
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny that several of the guys on here (ahem Scott613, msf74 and others) are complaining about men being lumped into the "creeper" category (because according to some of you, EVERYONE is a creeper in our eyes), but they have basically lumped all women into the b*tch category based on a few catty people.

You want to be the pot or the kettle, guys?
    Nobody mentioned B*tch category except you:noway:
  • loombeav
    loombeav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump ~ need to finish reading this when I get home from work. I'd like to thank you all for carrying me through an otherwise mind numbing Monday.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    *Guys take notes!*

I have been mate. It seems if you are any of the following:
    hobos
    A nerdy guy with buck teeth
    Jamaicans.
    old Jamaicans
    guy probably around 35 with a curly mullet that went to his shoulders.
    dancing
    toothless guy
    pretty harmless
    40-year-old double amputee
    overweight bearded men
    a little too eager
    short older men
    totally blank dead eyes
    40+ teacher
    old guys
    chubby chasing scrawny granddad
    too YOUNG (25)
    older, drunk, mentally ill

your *kitten* is toast in the dating game.

I love how the mercenary side of women come out in these types of threads.

Basically if you are old, young, fiscally or visually challenged you may as well just stay at home and eat chips cos you're not getting laid. Dayum. I'm screwed then...

Hey now, don't put us all in that category. The creepest guy I know is also very good looking. Never judge a book by its cover. And never judge an entire gender by a few thread posts you don't like. :flowerforyou:
  • bloodguilt
    Options
    I get hit on in the weirdest ways. Honestly, I'm flattered (even by sweet old men who tell me I should be Miss America - and I'm not conceited or gorgeous, just pretty normal-looking) and usually get a kick out of the funny story of how I just got hit on. The only time I would say they're freaks is if they don't let up/follow me/do things that make me uncomfortable, like the first one below.

(1) In college, I was on my way to a final exam and had been up all night studying before taking a shower and heading off to the exam location. When I got there, my hair was still wet, and this guy from my class to whom I'd never spoken reached the door at the same time as I did and held open the door for me. I thanked him, and he followed me into the building - only natural since he had held the door open and needed to go to the same place as I did. Except he was following a little too close. I stopped for a sec to get my bearings (exams were never in the same classroom as your class was held, so I was in an unfamiliar building), and he came right up to me, put his face in my hair, took a big sniff, and asked me if I used Herbal Essences. All I could do was meekly reply that I had in fact just used Herbal Essences and walk away.

(2) I was in a convenience store a few years ago, and an African-American guy and I were the only customers in there at the time (his race becomes important in a sec). He was checking out in front of me with the Indian (yes, this is important) clerk, finished his transaction, and left. I stepped up to pay for my soda or whatever, and the clerk rolls his eyes at the customer that just left, tells me he hates "black people," then asks me if I like them. I told him that I didn't have a problem with any specific group of people. He then asked, "Do you like Indians?" I replied, "My best friend is Indian," which is true. His reply was, "Are you going to marry your best friend?" My reply was, "She's a girl." He smiled and said, "I would marry you," to which I replied, "Thank you, you're sweet," then finished my transaction and left. I mean, it actually might have been cute if he hadn't been a racist.

(3) A few months ago I ran errands in my husband's car (a new Civic coupe) as opposed to my ginormous Odyssey (minivan), and I was waiting for the left turn light. A Mustang convertible with two young guys pulled up and waved their hands to get my attention. People are pretty friendly where I live, so I rolled down my window, thinking maybe they need directions. They asked me if I was going to the beach (which would mean I'd be making a right turn, not a left, but whatever). I told them no, I needed to get home. The driver then said, "You and I need to go to the beach sometimes." I held up my left hand and said, "I'm married. I also have a four-month-old baby. You wouldn't want that." The left turn light came on, and as I was pulling away, he yelled, "But I *love* moms!" I can only imagine that conversation would not have happened had I been driving the minivan. Or maybe it would have, if he really does love moms. I pictured this guy oohing and ahhing over some lady wearing mom jeans and an embroidered vest :)

(4) About 10 years ago I was dating this guy who introduced me to an old high school (female) friend of his. She and I hit it off and started hanging out often. From what I understood, she was straight, since she had a boyfriend (he was cool but lived in Australia (I'm American), so we didn't see him often), though I suppose it's possible she was bisexual. Eventually she and her boyfriend broke up, so my then-boyfriend and I took her out to have fun and get drunk. On the drive back to her place, she started telling my boyfriend how awesome I was and how if she was ever going to become a lesbian, she'd want to get with me. He was kinda drunk, as was she (I was the DD), so we had a good laugh about it, and we later joked that she was trying to get us involved in a threesome. Anyway, since I was the sober one and she was pretty far gone, when we got to her house I got out of the car to help her not fall on the ice on the way into her apartment. She gave me a big hug at the door and then tried to kiss me. It ended up being a kiss a bit off the lips, but it was clear that I was going to kiss her cheek and she was going for my lips. She was so drunk that it was totally not awkward, and we still hung out a bit after that until the guy and I split up (I lost her as a friend in the break-up), but we never talked about it. Heck, she was cute, so if I was going to start going out with chicks, she'd have been at the top of my list, too. Just a funny situation overall.

I have had some other weird ones, too, including being called an African Queen and being asked what size shoes I wear because my feet were so pretty. I also still get hit on from time to time, but people here are so overly polite sometimes that they usually apologize when they see my wedding ring and tell me my husband's lucky. I don't think they're being creepy.

GUYS - don't force it or make a woman uncomfortable. Just be friendly, and if there's an opportunity to talk, then talk. You'll be able to tell right off the bat if she's actually responding to you, being nice to avoid an awkward situation, or weirded out. If she's either of the latter two, back off - tell her to have a nice day, and go on about yours. (Please note that even hot guys can come off as total jerks by not following these guidelines. If you come on too strong, I'll assume you're cocky and don't want to have anything to do with you, even if you are hot.)

Nice story. Got impressive positive attitude!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options

I suspect "creeper" is code for "confident guy who isn't as hot as I'd like him to be."

/\

Double affirmed lol.
  • tgh1914
    tgh1914 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I had a 40-year-old double amputee hit on me once. That was weird and just awkward.
    So what makes him a freak, the fact that he's an amputee or that he's 40?

hint... you may not want to answer that
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny that several of the guys on here (ahem Scott613, msf74 and others) are complaining about men being lumped into the "creeper" category (because according to some of you, EVERYONE is a creeper in our eyes), but they have basically lumped all women into the b*tch category based on a few catty people.

You want to be the pot or the kettle, guys?

Nice strawman argument. I've seen better though...

Now I would be most grateful if you didn't cast insidious aspersions about my decision making ability using an idiom referencing skin colour (I am clearly brown rather than black in any event) to cast doubts in the reader's mind *

(* see what I did there?)
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

Nice story. Got impressive positive attitude!

Thanks - I'm terribly long-winded, so I appreciate that you even read all that. I honestly was going to edit it to shorten my post, but I got pulled away from my computer until just now.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me feel bad for all the guys out there that think they have no chance.

Coming from a girl, I promise you, we're not all jerks. Some of us do appreciate a compliment, no matter where/who it comes from. One compliment is good. Multiple compliments and then following a person around a store or something isn't good.

In my opinion, the best way to hit on a person is to casually walk up, introduce yourself, and then use some kind of opening line (I even think cheesy pick up lines are okay, as long as you use them in a modest way and turn them into a joke/ice breaker).
    Overall, just be casual and friendly. Show that you have some balls to compliment us, but don't show those balls too much.

Just my opinion.
    I'll probably get flamed for having one, but it's the internet, what else is going to happen?

Totally. All of that ^^ Honestly, to me, cheesy pick up lines are the best ones!
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options

Hey now, don't put us all in that category. The creepest guy I know is also very good looking. Never judge a book by its cover. And never judge an entire gender by a few thread posts you don't like. :flowerforyou:

Yeah...but...hmmmm....ok then. Seeing as you were kind and there's flowers and all.

*MSF slinks off to be grumpy somewhere else*
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Aw.. there, there.. maybe someday an attractive person might hit on you. Have hope.

LOL. That made me spit tea on my keyboard.
  • Beatrix0810
    Options
    Now I have to ask what is the best way to approach a woman?

*Guys take notes!*

Give a compliment (a nice one, not a creepy one) and try to make it funny somehow. A little backhanded compliment, when properly implimented, will go a long way. For example:

"Are you buying 2% milk because you think you're fat? Cuz you're not. You could totally buy whole milk if you wanted to."

It's funny, people can relate to it, and if you're presentable enough, it'll catch her attention. Then, and this next step is very important, share a laugh with her, look her in the eyes and give her your most handsome smile, then go about your business. The seed has been planted. Leave her alone and let her come to you. It's pretty simple really.

Good luck and happy hunting! DON'T BE A CREEP! :-P