What did you give me that for????

Replies

• squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    My college boyfriend gave me a velvet wallhanging of the dogs playing poker. Um. didn't really know what to say when I opened up the package.

my parents had this hanging up in our house for years. when they divorced, my dad cerimoniously handed it to me.... gave it back to my mom haha.

as for me, (& I've posted this on a similar thread before) I one time got a secret santa gift comprised of USED/scratched scratch tickets (not winners of course) and some coal.... yay?!!?! funny?!!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    My grandma gave me a tool for the car so you can cut the seatbelt or break the window if needed. Thanks for the doomsday thoughts.

I got this one, with a note saying to keep it in the glove box. Um.....I won't be able to REACH the glove box if I can't get out of my seatbelt!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    My grandma gave me a tool for the car so you can cut the seatbelt or break the window if needed. Thanks for the doomsday thoughts.

I got this one, with a note saying to keep it in the glove box. Um.....I won't be able to REACH the glove box if I can't get out of my seatbelt!

Lol see that was another thing, I figured that no matter where I put it in a accident I wouldn't be able to find it or reach it.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Every party needs a pooper. :indifferent:

We got a HUGE pooper lol.

You guys have gotten some crazzzyyy gifts!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    when I was 20 years old I got a snow globe full of jungle animals for Christmas from my uncle. It just seemed strange, and I don't even expect a gift from him, so...
    Love these, though,
  • i'm such a jerk that i literally took myself shopping and told my significant other that he could reimburse me as my christmas gift....:/ but i got exactly what i wanted as a consequence!
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    when I was 15 or 16 my Grandma gave me a basket with pads, tampons and underwear. :noway:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • TMcBooty
    TMcBooty Posts: 780 Member
    this thread is awesome. It's the first time I read all the posts lol
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    The mother in law gave me a size SMALL pink frilly shirt.

Um.... Have we even met?

OT, but I used to have the same James Dean and Marilyn picture! I <3 it so much but it got water damage so I had to throw it out.

My Birthday is just before Christmas (the 3rd) for many years in a row my mom has given me Christmas decorations for my birthday. :grumble: So in addition to getting a combo gift I also get useless decor that I see maybe once a year (if I happen to like it) pour salt on the wounds. :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    A pair of pliers that fold up and fit in my pocket. :indifferent:
    I was given something similar. Extremely useful gift, which I carry in my car, and which as proved itself invaluable many times. Perhaps tools are best given to those who are smart enough to use them.
    when I was 15 or 16 my Grandma gave me a basket with pads, tampons and underwear. :noway:
    Puberty is coming earlier with every generation. She probably thought she was "preparing" you for the time your period started.
    Or maybe she thought it would save your life...

Shocking to realise what a truly ungrateful bunch of members we have on this site....

serious poster is SERIOUS.
  • kbeach08
    kbeach08 Posts: 184 Member
    My Soon to be ex husband gave me an empty box our first christmas together... I was so mad because everything I got for him took alot of time and effort on my part... Worst thing is... I still married him.... Guess that is one of the many many many reasons for the EX part... :laugh:
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    My Soon to be ex husband gave me an empty box our first christmas together... I was so mad because everything I got for him took alot of time and effort on my part... Worst thing is... I still married him.... Guess that is one of the many many many reasons for the EX part... :laugh:

What an *kitten*. :laugh: What was the symbol behind the empty box? I mean, did HE have a thought/ reason behind it?
  • sumnerfan
    sumnerfan Posts: 244 Member
    My grandmother in law used to own a grocery store. She would go and grab things off the shelves like ink pens, deo, toothpaste, etc. and make everyone pull something from the bag. The first year she did it I laughed so hard I cried. My family puts a great deal of effort into Christmas so this was unthinkable to me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • three words: wind-up plastic sushi. when i was in college i received this from my aunt. at the time i had never tried sushi, or expressed any interest in it. but hey everybody loves little wind-up toys that spin in circles right?
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    I was given something similar. Extremely useful gift, which I carry in my car, and which as proved itself invaluable many times. Perhaps tools are best given to those who are smart enough to use them.
    Puberty is coming earlier with every generation. She probably thought she was "preparing" you for the time your period started.

Shocking to realise what a truly ungrateful bunch of members we have on this site....

Or..... You can just be lighthearted about it and understand that not everyone looks at practicality or ability to save a life with Christmas gifts. "Those who are smart enough to use them"? That was a pretty jerky thing to say! This is a light funny thread meant for amusement only. Nobody is truly complaining, just sharing things that in their opinions were not Christmas presents that they would have used or expected. Were you not taught the old adage "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"? I think it may serve you well.
  • stormystrickland
    stormystrickland Posts: 190 Member

Who crapped in your cornflakes? :frown:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    three words: wind-up plastic sushi. when i was in college i received this from my aunt. at the time i had never tried sushi, or expressed any interest in it. but hey everybody loves little wind-up toys that spin in circles right?

Wind up sushi would be awesome!!!! Tell my grandma please!! I am 28 and she still gets me the little perfume sets meant for preteens. But one time, She got me a XXL sweatshirt with lighthouses embroidered on it with "MAINE" under them....... We live in Florida and she has never been to Maine and I was a L at the time. I love my grandma, she is a cute little lady!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Nothing. Seriously, the first year we went to his father's house for Christmas, my now husband (then boyfriend) didn't get me anything (he just didn't know what to get me), it was TOTALLY awkward being the only one without any presents. Now if I want anything I tell him, including links as necessary, it works out.

My mother gets me some things I wonder about. Like a hello kitty kitchen play set. Yes I like Hello Kitty stuff (usually socks, panties, toasters, you know, things you use anyway), and I like to cook and bake, but I stopped playing with dolls 20 years ago.
  • kbeach08
    kbeach08 Posts: 184 Member

What an *kitten*. :laugh: What was the symbol behind the empty box? I mean, did HE have a thought/ reason behind it?

No just that he had 13 gifts and his Mother (Huge momma's boy) is superstitous so instead of finding something else he did the empty box... Yes he is an *kitten*!!!
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    A California Pizza Kitchen gift card. They were trying to sabotage me and KILL me with processed foods and chemicals.

I JUST finished reading the other thread so this made me spew beverage all over....you owe me a coffee! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: