So who else is counting through the holiday?

Options

Replies

• _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I'm logging, but will probably eat around my maintenance calories today. It may postpone achievement of my goals by an extra day, but in the course of a lifetime, that's okay.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I'm logging, but will probably eat around my maintenance calories today. It may postpone achievement of my goals by an extra day, but in the course of a lifetime, that's okay.

Like!

I'm logging as best as i can. Probably missed a few things, but oh well. Close counts on the holidays!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I log everyday. Made stuffed shells and bringing wine to a party later and already put it in my diary. Even got in a 30 Day Shred workout today. Woohoo!
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I tried to not log today but I couldn't help it...I'm addicted.

I'm with you!!! ADDICTED
    Certainly not a bad addiction though! Merry Christmas everyone!!
  • raindropwishes
    Options
    I'm logging but not worrying, if you know what I mean? I've controlled myself more than I did last year, but still am not worrying too much. Intrigued to see how it looks when the day ends. Issue for me is that the family do food today, tomorrow & then again NYE & NYD - but I'm gonna watch it more on those days
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I am. I don't celebrate Christmas anyway, so it's just another day for me.

New Years, I do celebrate but, unfortunately I'll be working that day so I'll log then as well.
  • alikat5544
    alikat5544 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am. I tried not to, but I can't not! Still going to eat what I want though.
  • M3CH4N1C
    M3CH4N1C Posts: 157
    Options
    I am. I think it is interesting as well to see when I go way over on calories, how my body responds and feels. During Thanksgiving I went way over on my count for like the whole week, and the scale said I had gained six pounds. But I quickly lost the weight I had gained and rocketed passed where I was at. I've lost ten pounds since Thanksgiving. And as I learn more, it makes sense. Under the spectrum of metabolism is anabolism and catabolism. If a person's body is constantly in a state of catabolism it can actually slow the healthy part of weight loss, which for an overweight person like myself would be fat loss. A balance of anabolic and catabolic hormone activity in our bodies in paramount for healthy weight loss. If you maintain that balance, the better off you are at maintaining the healthy lean body mass or even increasing that lean mass simultaneously while you burn off fat. So while I track calories, whether I'm way over or even under, I've noticed that ultimately calories alone aren't what dictates my fat loss. In fact, when I focus solely on calorie alone, I notice a slowing of losses. Furthermore, counting calories is only part of it for me. i count macros and micros. If you're into muscle, go to a website called simplyshredded.com, and look up Layne Norton. He breaks down the ever growing science about cutting fat while maintaining/increasing lean mass. It's pretty interesting that when you focus on calories only and ignore the bigger picture that it can have even health consequences, let alone fat burning being affected. Counting calories through the holiday season has led me to this idea, in which I'm becoming a firm believer.
  • shine82
    shine82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I did not log at all for a week, work was pretty hectic, but I was working out at gym twice thrice and walked a lot... but i resumed logging yesterday onwards.. need to get back on the wagon now.. holidays are OVER.
  • ladyprofaz
    Options
    Logging while traveling and not having a great deal of control over what is put in front of me. It ain't pretty but I am trying to stay within boundaries.
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've gotten quite obsessive about logging everything since reconnecting with MFP on Dec. 2, 2011. It reveals so much about my habits - good and bad. How else can I change if I don't understand my patterns. Have to keep moving as well so since I don't have to cook, the kids and I are heading to the track to walk and/or ride the bike. Doesn't hurt to earn/burn some extra calories before dinner.

Happy Holiday's All!!!!

7838983.png
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    I log nearly every day. The exception was when I vacationed in Mexico, plus a could other days. There's a reason I've maintained roughly my goal weight for 2 years :wink:
  • TamsinEllis
    Options
    Well I've finished logging for the day and whilst my calories did sky rocket, but with my normal exercise regime (wasn't taking a day off from that otherwise I'd have died from boredom sitting in front of the fire all day) I've burned a large amount of it so it ends up I've eaten my maintenance calories (roughly), and since I never eat my exercise calories back it's going to be interesting to see if it works in my favor or not.
    So my morbid curiosity paid off from the looks of things.
    Merry Christmas everyone :)
  • staroftheeast
    staroftheeast Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am logging but not overly stressing if I go over my goal. I just figured yesterday's calorie total as we had a fellowship reception after Christmas Vigil service.
    Yes, my calories are high. Yes they're more than 400 above my maintainence limit. Yes, the highest they've been since July when I started on my lifestyle change.
    NO, i am not stressing. NO, I am not beating myself up. NO, it won't become a habit or every day occurrence. NO it won't undo all the progress I've made toward getting healthy & fit.
    YES, I am enjoying the holidays with a balanced & healthy attitude.
    Merry Christmas to all who celebrate.
  • irunforfun
    irunforfun Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Since my ex has the kids, and I'm just with the dog, I have no reason to indulge. It'll be a regular day for me.
  • Canadien
    Canadien Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm logging my food anyway, haha. I don't even celebrate Christmas, but my friends do, and they always give me delicious food this time of year!:P
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    So all day I said christmas eve and christmas I wouldnt log my calories.

then late last night I just had to log my calories and exercises for the day. couldn't resist.

I definitely went over my 1 pound deficit in calories ,and possibly above my maintenance calories, but honestly I feel I deserve it.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I reset my goal to maintenance while I'm out of town, I was over that by about 200 yesterday and will probably be over today and tomorrow as well. Tuesday I will be back to my usual routine. I'm going to enjoy myself but also keep things fairly reasonable.
  • raindropwishes
    Options
    So it's 9.07 and I'm 2,148 over my daily cals. I said I wouldn't care, but I feel kind of... annoyed. -sigh- tomorrow is gonna be hard too. :grumble:
  • raindropwishes
    Options
    double post ^