How much did you gain this Christmas???

Options

Replies

• Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I haven't stepped on the scale. I am sorta scared to. I am not weighing until Friday!! And I am gonna be guzzling water til then!!
  • georgiaTRIs
    georgiaTRIs Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Enjoying your family is always first. Gaining a pound over the holidays is normal. But as you stated, back at it now and it will come off in a day or two. I gained one pound and expect it to be gone by the next weigh in. I only weigh once or twice a week so if the day hadn't been my normal weigh in day I probably would have never known I gained a pound. Happy New Year to all and enjoy those non-aloholic, low cal drinks. Do you know that champagne is only 74 calories? Great way to toast the New Year and still stay on track.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I lost one tenth of a pound. Phew!
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    Oddly enough I lived on a steady diet of chocolate and cookies for 2 days and lost 1 lb! I think it's all the long runs for the marathon I'm doing in less than 2 weeks though. I would never eat like that if I wasn't working out super hard too.

Now back to normal....my body needs it. All that junk left me feeling so gross!
  • nancy5012
    Options
    I'll weigh in on Thursday. I did not go hog wild on Christmas day - ended up eating just over 1800 calories.
  • tecallahan
    tecallahan Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Whew ... I maintained!
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I lost .6 pounds since Christmas Eve! =)
  • Lady_Lamb
    Lady_Lamb Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I gained on Christmas, but in the past month I have gained 10lbs. That's why I'm here!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I did not gain any weight!
  • Imthempres
    Imthempres Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I gained three pounds after one buffet meal. I doubled up on exercise the same day and only went over my day's total by 300 some calories. Sigh...
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I'm not even bothering weighing myself for a few days. I'm sure I'm retaining weight, but I doubt it's fat. Though MFP did tell me if I ate like that every day I'd gain two pounds in five weeks. Hahaha. I'm not worried though. Anything I gained is likely water weight. We're expecting warmer weather in the next few days, so I'm probably gonna start running then again.
  • jovz10
    jovz10 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    hmm... don't know yet! my weigh in is every saturday... so whatever i ate yesterday won't reflect til my next weigh in... hope is not that bad since we have so much leftover... :(
  • PatasDeGallina
    PatasDeGallina Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 lbs. *vegan happy dance* :happy:

We did the family holiday stuff the weekend before xmas. I don't eat most of what is there.

I didn't make any cookies for Buddha Claus, so that also helped.
  • janf15
    janf15 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people are torturing themselves with this. How much you gain over a couple of days is really irrelevant because it is depending on a lot of things - when do you weigh yourself, how much sodium did you ingest etc.

Look at the long term calorie intake. These instant gratifications or penalties are really useless in the grand scheme of things. Look at the whole picture. This program is called my FITnesspal - think about it - there is a whole lot more to fitness than weight loss.
  • racymandi21
    racymandi21 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I lost .2 lbs. I just slid by.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 lbs as i nibbled on a few brunch things and managed to stay within my calorie goals and only a bit over on sodium... Im in a lifestyle change so why change that for a holiday? I enjoyed myself and didnt feel guilty or bloated afterwards!
    Bring on the New Year!!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm not weighing myself until January 2nd. I never weigh myself on the weekends and I want to give myself this week to get back on track and drop any lingering water weight. I don't doubt I've gained a few lbs (I had the trifecta of Thanksgiving, my 40th, and Christmas) but that's okay. I had a good time and now I'm getting back to normal.
  • cuddlyrunner
    cuddlyrunner Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I win, i have gained ten and a half pounds since Thursday!!!!!! I went to maintenance and have gone over by around 2000 calories total in the five days, back to the gym and water for me! To be honest I expected this as i always have huge gains when i relax
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    3.6lbs but I've been trying to gain and really it's too soon to tell what is a real gain and what is water.
  • aklitten
    aklitten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Glad to have read this post! I made the big mistake of weighing myself after working out the other day and was down 1.8 pounds, and now I've gained that back and then some...it might be water weight. Must get out of guilt trip and pick myself up again tomorrow! Thanks for the unintentional support, guys!