Can a Fit, Sexy Girl Like a Fat Guy?

Options

Replies

• kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    Of course, I see this quite often. For me, fat is not the issue so much as health. If someone is morbidly obese and refuses to make an effort to change, I would have a problem with that. I wouldn't stop liking them, but it likely would become a huge problem as I would not sit quietly by and watch someone I cared about kill themselves with food and laziness. But if they exercise at least semi-regularly and make an effort to eat healthy, I wouldn't care that they had fat on their body.

I totally agree, this is huge to me too... and also becuase I have been obese and am working my *kitten* off not to be, I am scared I will resort to old habits.
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    I'm curious as to why the question was even asked...

I asked the question for a couple reasons...

1) I wanted to prove what I already knew was true. And that is that, generally speaking, women are attracted to a man more for his intelligence, personality, wit, charm, etc. and less for his adonis-like physical appearance.

There are a lot of guys on MFP that are single and may be struggling with dating at their current fitness level. I am dating here and there but have mentally put a lot of that activity on hold until I feel better about my appearance. For a number of reasons (none of them good) I let my fitness level get way off track and I'm embarrased about that for myself because I know better.

And...

2) With the input of others, I wanted to develop an impression in my mind as to whether or not I really needed to pull back from pursuing dating during this transformational period in my life.

As you can imagine, I've considered at least some of the obvious pro's and con's to dating while being a chunky monkey. There are plenty of valid reasons to stop and to keep going. The programmer in me likes to understand that path ahead (even just a little) before jumping off the deep end.

All of your responses have been great and I appreciate you chiming in with your opinions. The real lesson learned here is that it's all about what's on the inside and that an investment on the outside is the icing on the cake that tastes so good.

This is a great group of people here at MFP and I'm glad to be amongst you. =)

kcwebguy

Well said. Thru my journey to date I have pondered the same questions :)
  • rovernio
    rovernio Posts: 157
    Options
    haha looks like women love guys with fat is should stop working out and put on some fat XD
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    lol so they say. Until you put that to practice ;) I guess I must live in the most shallow city in the world, because if you see a fat guy walking around with a fit woman, everyone's head turns and you can hear a collective "WTF" from everyone passing.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I'm not super fit and sexy... I'm not fat either. I like pot bellies! You know those three male body types: Ectomoroh, mesomorph, and endomorph? (Apparently these are pretty widespread. I just discovered them...) I like endomorphs! Not necessarily FAT men, but men that fill doorways, and fill out button-up shirts. No scrawny wiry men for me.

I know my twin sister's the exact opposite. She goes for the rubber-band limbed Oxford men. She likes a thoroughbred, I like a clydesdale.

Right... you like big men, not fat men. There's a difference.
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    So, I walked into the next room and asked my OH:

"Would you still love me if I put on say 50 to 100 lbs?"
    "Yes, of course"
    "Would you still go down?"
    "No"

Love that woman. True story.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    So, I walked into the next room and asked my OH:

"Would you still love me if I put on say 50 to 100 lbs?"
    "Yes, of course"
    "Would you still go down?"
    "No"

Love that woman. True story.

Damn that's funny... :laugh:
  • mammothdoll
    Options
    When I was fit I dug fat guys. Now that I'm fat, my fit boyfriend digs me. <3
  • mommyoverboard
    Options
    It really depends on the girl. My sisters have both been in relationships with "dreamy" guys who treated them like crap. When the "fat guy" came along and treated them like they deserved, it was easy for them to fall in love.

What it really comes down to is us women feeling loved and cherished. <3

My husband is littler than me and I secretly hate it because it makes me feel HUGE (and I'm not - he's just REAL small)

Any girl can fall in love with any guy. Haven't you ever seen Disney's Beauty & the Beast??? ;)
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I am married to a slightly over-weight man who has no interest in health and fitness. It has been my experience that our completely separate life-styles separates us in so many ways. I do everything alone, hiking, kayaking, exercising etc. So I think I would say in the event that I am ever single again, I would tend to want someone that shares my same interests.

I totally can relate with my past relationships.

My fiance now is at a perfect weight for his height (according to BMI), but before I met him we was 30-40 lbs overweight. He was dating someone who had no interest in anything active, and was also very overweight. When I met him, although I was at my heaviest weight I have ever been at, I started to adopt his more active lifestyle (which is what I used to be like). I have to say, having a partner who is concerned with his health and enjoys being active, really does help. We don't keep unhealthy foods in the house (aside from the very rare and occasional), we both LOVE all veggies, and we both enjoy going hiking, kayaking, walks, runs, etc. It has made life MUCH easier. I still stick with my original post on here though, that as long as they can keep up in bed and aren't going to keel over from a heart attack any time soon, I am fine with dating an overweight person.
  • lizgreenhill
    Options
    i would say yes. Besides the last year i was very fit and my husband of 3 years is overweight granted he only has weight in his stomach but i still love him no matter what he looks like.
    I believe the phrase love is blind.
    Its not on the outside that matters its on the inside.
    as long as you can love the person for who they are it should not matter what they look like.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    lol so they say. Until you put that to practice ;) I guess I must live in the most shallow city in the world, because if you see a fat guy walking around with a fit woman, everyone's head turns and you can hear a collective "WTF" from everyone passing.
    I think ladies like having guys wrapped around their finger, and if they're insecure, they go far beneath their standard to troll for Mr Ugly or Captain Kangaroo.

And then they kind of let themselves go a bit, knowing he won't find anything better.

That's not a relationship.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I think ladies like having guys wrapped around their finger, and if they're insecure, they go far beneath their standard to troll for Mr Ugly or Captain Kangaroo.

And then they kind of let themselves go a bit, knowing he won't find anything better.

Now, there was a pimp!

oh_captain_small.jpg
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options

Now, there was a pimp!

oh_captain_small.jpg

I prefer Mr GreenJeans.
  • BundangKiwiGal
    BundangKiwiGal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    [/quote]I think ladies like having guys wrapped around their finger, and if they're insecure, they go far beneath their standard to troll for Mr Ugly or Captain Kangaroo.

[/quote]

Harsh, but oh so true! Ouch!
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

i don't know where you live but i see it all the time, it goes both ways... but mostly big guys with small girls
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think it's hysterical... maybe even a little cute... at how vain and insecure some of you guys are. Does it really hurt your egos so much that there's women who like guys who are very different from you?

Poor little bunnies.
  • Platnex
    Platnex Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My Ex was a really small girl, maybe 8 stone in weight when I was pushing 20 and we had 3 years together, she always liked big guys.
  • kenzietea
    kenzietea Posts: 614 Member
    Options

LOL this can be very true.
    When I was younger, and less confident, I certainly was that way.

Now, I eat it up when my fiancee gets stared at/hit on. He is very good looking and to me it is just a huge ego boost when people look. I wish he actually understood when women were hitting on him though, then he could tell me stories. Instead, I am certain it happens all the time (I would definitely hit on him if I saw him!), but he is too naive to even get it when women hit on him.

I still think that women and men are different creatures though. Women do not need to immediately think 'sex' when they see a man in order to be attracted to him, while men usually do. Actually, I have fantasized about some teachers and others in the past, that were certainly not the most attractive. It was just something in their persona that turned me on.

Also, you lumped all fat men into the catagory of insecure, along with the women who like them. Although it might seem impossible to you, I have met fat guys that are outgoing and very confident, and date beautiful, confident women.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

Gosh I hope this is a joke. Maybe there are some girls out there who like a guy wrapped around their finger but don't making sweeping generalizations. I find it super unattractive when guys are not secure in themselves and I know plenty of guys who are big & still have b@lls.

There are so many judgemental statements flying around this thread about the girls who expressed their opinions, but guess what? it's THEIR opinion.

Let's remember people that our perspectives on the world are our perspectives not reality. Just because you cannot understand something does not mean people are being dishonest.

That is my little rant.

Anyways, good luck on your goals everyone =)