Can a Fit, Sexy Girl Like a Fat Guy?

Options
Okay ladies... I thought it would be interesting to hear what the MFP ladies have to say on the matter.

Can a fit and sexy girl like a fat guy?

Why or why not? (be totally honest)

Replies

• catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Well, my ex husband is pretty overweight and he has no problem getting girls. He's just very self confident without being cocky and women always find that attractive, well at least I do.
  • jnhu72
    jnhu72 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I say yes. Love is not suppose to be about looks right?
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Okay, Ill bite. I would hope that people wouldn't be so shallow that they wouldn't be with someone great just because of their weight. If the guy has no interest in his health however, that would be a.definite put off.
    If a fit, athletic guy (my hubby) can fall for a fat girl (me), why not the other way around?
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I would say yes.

All my life I have never really liked skinny guys. In fact if they could fit in my jeans it was a deal breaker. I would say that I liked "fat" guys. But I like a little pudge on them. And this is when i was like 90 lbs at most.

Now my husband has pudge too.

So, it is Really about a person'a preference.

I have always looked at it like, if I planned ot be with this person for the rest of my life, I'd sure as heck better like him. Looks go away, but personalities hang around.

I hope my husband feels the same, lol. Well, I guess he does since he is still around after I gained nearly 100 lbs since we met.

((I dont plan on being 90 lbs again in my life. I did not like it then and I dont want to go back to it now)
  • Meghan0116
    Meghan0116 Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I hope I don't come across as shallow and mean but I would have no problem dating a guy who is overweight. Who am I to judge? But I would have an issue with morbidly obese not because of any reason other than basic attraction.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I dont know if I am either of the above but I am pretty close to goal weight and my husband is heavy. Its not always about that but how confident you are, your ability to make us laugh(huge for me), caring, responsible, usually puts me first, hard working, and most of the time not a butthead! oh and I forgot rocking my world in the bedroom!
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I forgot to add that I am not attracted to the male version of me. It would be all sorts of bones poking here and there lol. My bf is lean but not skinny. My ex was always heavy. With the exception of this partner now, I've always dated "heavier" men. Not obese, but with some meat on their bones.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I dont know if I am either of the above but I am pretty close to goal weight and my husband is heavy. Its not always about that but how confident you are, your ability to make us laugh(huge for me), caring, responsible, usually puts me first, hard working, and most of the time not a butthead! oh and I forgot rocking my world in the bedroom!

Annie, you have such a way with words... =)

I know most women want manly men and manly men usually have at least a little girth to them...

Girls like to drool over ripped men and maybe even (ahem) "run a few errands with them now and again." But it seems to me that they don't usually want a relationship with them. Am I right about that...?
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

Annie, you have such a way with words... =)

I know most women want manly men and manly men usually have at least a little girth to them...

Girls like to drool over ripped men and maybe even (ahem) "run a few errands with them now and again." But it seems to me that they don't usually want a relationship with them. Am I right about that...?
    usually, I dont need all those muscles and they usually are shallow anyway. Not always but sometimes. Some of my guy friends on here are really ripped and it is great to look at and good for them and their wives(lol) but we dont need that if that is what you are thinking. If a woman is looking just for that you probably dont want to be with her anyway. But it depends on what you want, sex or happiness? Me I will take both! I can always dream of someone else while we are in the bedroom! ha!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Personality is key!!!! If a guy has confidence......that says alot!!!!

My husband is thin.....I would love to see him put on some healthy weight!!!
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I think so. Granted, I am not a fit, skinny girl, but I have never been a fan of 'fit' boys...

I think it has to do with confidence, and it seems a lot of heavier men lack it....
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Yup!

My type is chubby buff!!! it is more about the personality for women. we cannot look past a bad one, and will fall head over heels for a great one. Most of the time, looks are secondary. If you make me laugh, I am all in.
  • Marley112586
    Marley112586 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I like bigger guys. Even when I was skinny. I'm really tall so I like them to be bigger than me :)
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    It's about preference. At the risk of sounding shallow, I'm generally not attracted to skinny guys or big guys. I like medium to athletic build (don't have to be ripped tho)...but that is just me.

Confidence is very important as well.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I think confidence is a big thing, if a guy is a little heavier, but is an amazing person - thats something I wouldn't mind.

If we are talking 600 lbs, and continuing spiraling downward face first into McDonalds each and every day... maybe not then because my lifestyle is drastically different from that.

If he is kind, loving, supportive of my lifestyle and like I said, has the personality, then yeah..... besides, Pure Boney-ness or ALL muscle isn't the best for snuggling up with. True Story. :wink:
  • Bubdog1
    Options
    HELLO!! Take a look at Meatloaf. (And I don't mean the food.) He was VERY heavy and still had sexy girls clamoring to be with him!
  • Its a proven fact that physique and appearance is what FIRST attracts you to a certain person (we learned this in psychology). THEN, comes personality, emotional attachment, intamacy, etc. So I think it would be very hard for a fit woman to be attracted to a man who is overweight, in my opinion.

Not only for the attraction fact, but also because a woman wants someone who she can RELATE to - if the man is overweight, doesn't watch what he eats, and doesn't workout, how will they find some common ground to begin a conversation with? What about the first date when they go out to EAT at a resturaunt? To me, its a total turn off if a man doesn't care about his body or his appearance.
  • scarlettd12
    scarlettd12 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have definitely always been more attracted to a guy with more meat on his bones. I guess I would prefer a "fat" man over a super skinny, scrawny one. However, I like someone who is healthy-minded. Now that I am trying to get on the right track, it almost is a turn off to see a guy stuffing his face with fast food. I like someone who cares about themselves.

How about guys going for "fat" girls? I feel like it is completely opposite in this situation. I have always been the "chubby girl with the cute face". I get attention from guys, but have a hard time finding a relationship. I'm the cute, funny fat friend haha I shouldn't laugh, because sometimes I wonder if I was skinny if I would have a boyfriend :-/
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I am not a fit, sexy girl YET so I don't know if my responding meets your intentions however, i met my last boyfriend on MFP when he was well over 300 pounds. We've recently broken up after nearly a year due our being "geographically undesirable" to each other -- his job requires him to travel and has made it impossible for us to date. Anyway -- I feel fortunate to have had the opportunity to get to know him. I did not come on MFP looking for romance. I'm not into the dating web sites at all. It happened by accident and because, I think, we were on this site and discussing similar weight loss goals and strategies and we just appreciate each other "as is" and as "works in progress". We aren't going to have a happy ending this time but it's okay... so I think in my round about way of answering... my answer is YES
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Personality ranks high with me. I've dated men with 7% and 9% bodyfat in the past, but their personal lives were a mess. Although my husband isn't fat, he's not rocking a six pack either. I'm OK with that, he is so much more than that.