Can a Fit, Sexy Girl Like a Fat Guy?

Options

Replies

• GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Love is love! Huby weighed all of about 170 when I met him and I was over 300 pounds. He had never dated anything other than Barbie doll look alikes. He loves me just as I am but is very supportive of my weight loss goals.

That being said...2 children and a few years without cigarettes...he is no longer 170 (closer to 200) and I think he looks perfect either way. Honestly...he's more comfy to lay on now when we're snuggling on the couch. Of course, I'm not a fit, sexy woman...so maybe that's why I have the opinion I do.
  • Scoobies100
    Options
    By the way I would just like to add that I do not go for bulging biceps and washboard abs as I have found most of these types of men to be Knobheads. I wouldn't complain if I met one that contradicted this, however I usually go for someone somewhere in the middle. I am not that unrealistic! :P
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    If he carries himself well and knows how to treat a women that absolutely. I am not a "super fit" girl but I like me a man that is a teddy bear.
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I think the important question here is being overlooked by everyone...Does this fat guy have money? lmao jk.. it is an effed up world people
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    To be honest, this sounds awfully like the thread that went around about what guys like in a woman. A lot of them said they like women who have some curves and something to hold onto. Now, I'm not saying that means an obese woman. But it does sound like a lot of women on here prefer the same thing. They want men who are a little cuddly. Again, they may not want an obese man, but I think when it comes to looks, a lot of people think that skinny and bony simply isn't ideal. I find that interesting.

(That's not to say that there isn't a large percentage of people who like the skinny, fit type.)
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I think the important question here is being overlooked by everyone...Does this fat guy have money? lmao jk.. it is an effed up world people

There you go... I wondered how many posts it would take before we got to the money shot! LOL
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options

There you go... I wondered how many posts it would take before we got to the money shot! LOL

Just trying to keep everything in perspective lol I am not one of those said girls but i know PLENTY :)
  • Scoobies100
    Options
    To be honest, this sounds awfully like the thread that went around about what guys like in a woman. A lot of them said they like women who have some curves and something to hold onto. Now, I'm not saying that means an obese woman. But it does sound like a lot of women on here prefer the same thing. They want men who are a little cuddly. Again, they may not want an obese man, but I think when it comes to looks, a lot of people think that skinny and bony simply isn't ideal. I find that interesting.

(That's not to say that there isn't a large percentage of people who like the skinny, fit type.)

I agree. I would rather be with an obese man then a skinny bony man! Who wants to cuddle a bag of bones?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Of course, I see this quite often. For me, fat is not the issue so much as health. If someone is morbidly obese and refuses to make an effort to change, I would have a problem with that. I wouldn't stop liking them, but it likely would become a huge problem as I would not sit quietly by and watch someone I cared about kill themselves with food and laziness. But if they exercise at least semi-regularly and make an effort to eat healthy, I wouldn't care that they had fat on their body.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I had a crush on a really big guy & he didn't give me the time of day ='( haha

My ex's all look very different: tall, short, big, thin

I have high standards when it comes to how I am treated, I have specific personality traits I look for, & I look for someone with the same beliefs & similar interests... there are some things I do not compromise on
    When I picture my dream guy though I don't think about what he will look like because it doesn't really matter
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    When I picture my dream guy though I don't think about what he will look like because it doesn't really matter

Wow, what a girl...
  • norma67
    norma67 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have never been interested in the outside looks of someone.
    I have one thing I look at and it is sorta funny but that is a man's hands
    They tell me a lot about someone.

I look for someone that can be my best friend,

but this is me :)
  • RaeLB
    Options
    btw i pretty much find everyone physically attractive
  • Browny43
    Browny43 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'd also say yes, my cousin who is fit and active has always dated guys who are over 6 feet and 300lbs
  • lq022
    lq022 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I havent read anyone elses responses so I may be re-iterating whats already on here ... but its no mystery that men are more visual creatures, whereas women are more emotional. In my personal experience, I've been attracted to overweight guys quite a few times ... it comes down to their confidence. If they're funny, kind and confident without being cocky .. thats sexy -- no matter what the weight is .
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Interesting thread. In my experience the answer is no but suppose a lot depends on the definition of 'fat'. I think a lot also depends on where people live. A sexy girl being with somebody bigger is probably a lot more acceptable in certain parts of the world, than others.
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Looks are not everything, it's what's inside. I'm not "fit" yet and my BF is overweight but I love him just the way he is. I don't want him to gain any weight and were going to start losing together. BUT. Looks aren't everything. I fell in love with him the way he looks along with everything else. So yes yes yes!
  • philOHIO
    philOHIO Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    True story! I know SEVERAL couples who have seemed to have rock solid marriages falter. Reason, they were both overweight, went through life and kids together, wife starts losing weight. Guys start paying attention to her, she likes the attention and doesn't wanna be around fat hubby anymore. Sounds very shallow, and I DON'T agree with their decision. But this has happened to at least 7 or 8 of our friends in the last couple of years!
  • RaeLB
    Options
    btw i pretty much find everyone physically attractive

^^^ felt like that was important to add b/c i have not dated overweight guys b/c they are funny, nice, etc DESPITE being unattractive... i have found them attractive. i have been told by my friends that i am a freak of nature but i think everyone is good looking lol.

part of it is that i think there is something physically attractive about everyone but also i think attraction is holistic and physical attraction can go up & down based on someone's personality. i have literally seen people get less attractive in front of me when they have opened their mouth lol
  • MummaAimz
    MummaAimz Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My husband weighs 270 pounds and we are more in love now that I'm getting fit then we ever have been....so I say yes....