Can a Fit, Sexy Girl Like a Fat Guy?

Options

Replies

• mrsjennifermaffei
    Options
    I have an issue with obese although overweight is fine.
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I have to be careful as my boyfriend is on here... but yes!
  • love2coachvolleyball
    Options
    The guy I was dating this summer is a big guy and he thought I was sexy, even though I'm not a teeny, tiny gal. And when we were together it didn't matter to me how big he was/is. (He's still big, we're just not together anymore- nothing to do with his weight or mine.) He loved me and his weight didn't matter.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies... I thought it would be interesting to hear what the MFP ladies have to say on the matter.

Can a fit and sexy girl like a fat guy?

Why or why not? (be totally honest)

I'd be curious how you would answer the same question about a fat woman. Would you like a fat woman? Why or why not?
    No, because in my opinion it's unattractive and bespeaks of emotional hurt and a lack of discipline. Again, that's just my slant on it. There is no sugar coating a man's taste in females. It is what it is.

I want to be equally yoked with a lady who's into me and she's in peak condition, well educated, rich, great looking and family oriented.

And that's exactly what I got!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Honestly? For me, it is about general attraction more than weight. I know a lot of "in shape" men that I think are just ick to look at and I've seen many guys were overweight and they were attractive to me.

My current boyfriend is thin - but not scrawny. He is muscular, but not a bodybuilder type. He is the thinnest guy I've ever dated - most of my exes were on the "heavier" side. I've weighed more than him for the entire duration of our relationship and while it has bothered me some, he says he likes women with meat on their bones. lol.
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Depends on the girl. Personally, I would. I mean, if I were straight. I've dated bigger girls before. It's all in personality.
  • thpeek
    thpeek Posts: 76
    Options
    For me it would be NO. I am not attracted to over weight out of shape guys to put it honestly and if I am not attracted to them sexually then there would be no point in starting a relationship, this may not be a popular answer and may even sound selfish but I have to be True to me and I would be totally dishonest if I said otherwise. Some women like chunky and some men like chunky, it's really a personal preference. I would not expect all men to find a fat women all that attractive unless that is what they were into.
  • webhippy
    webhippy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think that probably varies from girl to girl. I can only speak on my own behalf, but yes. I am not a fan of skinny men, but I wouldn't rule that out either. But if a guy is funny, a hard worker, and I can carry an intellegent conversation with him, I'm good :) I'm 44 years old and there is so much more to me than what you see on the outside so it's just not about that anymore.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I hope I don't come across as shallow and mean but I would have no problem dating a guy who is overweight. Who am I to judge? But I would have an issue with morbidly obese not because of any reason other than basic attraction.
    I myself say the same... but also, if I am fit... and like to workout and eat right, I want someone that has the same beliefs and way of life...my husband and I workout 5 times a week and try to eat heathy for health reasons and to stay attractive for eachother

I think this is what the poster was asking more or less. You don't have a problem dating them but you are not looking for a fat guy. You are looking for someone like yourself who likes to workout and be fit as you are. To me its the same whether you are male or female, jmho. I think and I quote before I get attacked again would a "sexy fit girl like a fat guy"(not a little fat but a lot). I don't think women would have a problem with it, I just don't think they would go looking for it. Usually you look for someone compatible, meaning physically pretty close to the same, personality similar, values and morals close.
  • Incunabulum
    Options
    The original question is, "Can a fit and sexy girl like a fat guy?" The question isn't whether a fit, attractive woman looks for a fat man, but whether it is possible that "fit and sexy girl" CAN "like a fat guy." The answer is still yes, it is possible. We cannot say it is impossible until we have interviewed every "fit and sexy girl" for her opinion on whether or not it is POSSIBLE for her to "like a fat guy." Simple logic. Don't complicate it.

ETA: And, again, many women dig Santa.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options
    The original question is, "Can a fit and sexy girl like a fat guy?" The question isn't whether a fit, attractive woman looks for a fat man, but whether it is possible that "fit and sexy girl" CAN "like a fat guy." The answer is still yes, it is possible. We cannot say it is impossible until we have interviewed every "fit and sexy girl" for her opinion on whether or not it is POSSIBLE for her to "like a fat guy." Simple logic. Don't complicate it.

ETA: And, again, many women dig Santa.

Not complicating things, he came back on and said he should have worded it different. Its just a post, lighten up.
  • Incunabulum
    Options
    Me lighten up? I've been pushing for women's attraction to Santa. Hello?
  • thpeek
    Options
    I
  • thpeek
    Options
    well said!
  • irish205
    Options
    I'm curious as to why the question was even asked...

If I had fit, sexy women constantly asking me out, I still wouldn't be content with my current level of fitness. I'm 6'3" and 270lbs...that's a BMI of 33.7% body fat, which is obese. Due to my muscle mass, my BMI is probably lower than that, but I'm still overweight. The point I'm trying to make is this...I wouldn't settle for my current level of fitness even if I had every hot female in my town beating down my door.

Yeah, it's great that a lot of you have found happiness with slightly overweight partners...I wish you all the continued happiness in the world. But for me personally, I don't care what other folks find acceptable, I'm tired of not being in peak physical condition. I remember what it was like when I was in the military and I ran all the time. I remember what it was like when I mountain biked five times a week. I remember just a few years ago when I was a fit 270lbs...I could do push-ups with my wife and both kids on my back. But I hate the way I look and feel now. Hot chicks be damned. I'm not content and no amount of attention from the opposite sex is going to fix that. Only hard work and healthy eating habits will. My wife is content with the way I look, but I'm sure as hell not.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Options

If I had fit, sexy women constantly asking me out, I still wouldn't be content with my current level of fitness. I'm 6'3" and 270lbs...that's a BMI of 33.7% body fat, which is obese. Due to my muscle mass, my BMI is probably lower than that, but I'm still overweight. The point I'm trying to make is this...I wouldn't settle for my current level of fitness even if I had every hot female in my town beating down my door.

Yeah, it's great that a lot of you have found happiness with slightly overweight partners...I wish you all the continued happiness in the world. But for me personally, I don't care what other folks find acceptable, I'm tired of not being in peak physical condition. I remember what it was like when I was in the military and I ran all the time. I remember what it was like when I mountain biked five times a week. I remember just a few years ago when I was a fit 270lbs...I could do push-ups with my wife and both kids on my back. But I hate the way I look and feel now. Hot chicks be damned. I'm not content and no amount of attention from the opposite sex is going to fix that. Only hard work and healthy eating habits will. My wife is content with the way I look, but I'm sure as hell not.

Amen brother...
  • EpiGaiaRepens
    EpiGaiaRepens Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies... I thought it would be interesting to hear what the MFP ladies have to say on the matter.

Can a fit and sexy girl like a fat guy?

Why or why not? (be totally honest)

I'd be curious how you would answer the same question about a fat woman. Would you like a fat woman? Why or why not?
    No, because in my opinion it's unattractive and bespeaks of emotional hurt and a lack of discipline. Again, that's just my slant on it. There is no sugar coating a man's taste in females. It is what it is.

I want to be equally yoked with a lady who's into me and she's in peak condition, well educated, rich, great looking and family oriented.

And that's exactly what I got!

well, i hope your lady feels the same about you and that you never gain that extra weight back (or lose your job)! I just think that if that is how your brain works, then that's the kinda person you will end up with. Superficialities draw superficialities. And, yeah, I think it's superficial. Say what you want about "emotional hurt and lack of discipline" there's far more reasons for someone to gain weight than just that. Like medical reasons, Injuries. Hormonal imbalances. Old age. Genetics. Or they are just having too much fun to give a damn.

I want to be with someone who is happy, healthy, adventurous, and whose personality is fantastic and who loves me for who I am. That's what I got. I'm not losing weight for nobody but me. And I don't equate "adventurous" or "healthy" with thin because I've always gone out and had me a blast, whether it be surfing or snowboarding or backpacking, and I've always exercised regularly- when i was "fat" I just happened to eat with the same reckless abandon with which I approach most fun filled adventures! And, yes, men were into me then so don't assume all dudes are like you.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    My guess is that it was asked because people of all shapes and sizes are lonely or looking for love and the OP wanted our opinions on whether it was realistic to find someone now or if he had to wait until he shed all of his excess weight.

Most of the posts that came from women (myself included) expressed that a man's physical fitness is not as important as personality and chemistry. No one suggested (other than a certain less-than-helpful poster) that the OP disregard the importance of getting fit and healthy - what they DID say, however, was that there are women out there who aren't shallow enough to dismiss him based solely on his weight/size.
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options

I asked the question for a couple reasons...

1) I wanted to prove what I already knew was true. And that is that, generally speaking, women are attracted to a man more for his intelligence, personality, wit, charm, etc. and less for his adonis-like physical appearance.

There are a lot of guys on MFP that are single and may be struggling with dating at their current fitness level. I am dating here and there but have mentally put a lot of that activity on hold until I feel better about my appearance. For a number of reasons (none of them good) I let my fitness level get way off track and I'm embarrased about that for myself because I know better.

And...

2) With the input of others, I wanted to develop an impression in my mind as to whether or not I really needed to pull back from pursuing dating during this transformational period in my life.

As you can imagine, I've considered at least some of the obvious pro's and con's to dating while being a chunky monkey. There are plenty of valid reasons to stop and to keep going. The programmer in me likes to understand that path ahead (even just a little) before jumping off the deep end.

All of your responses have been great and I appreciate you chiming in with your opinions. The real lesson learned here is that it's all about what's on the inside and that an investment on the outside is the icing on the cake that tastes so good.

This is a great group of people here at MFP and I'm glad to be amongst you. =)

kcwebguy
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hells yes! I am such a chubby chaser :flowerforyou: