Can a Fit, Sexy Girl Like a Fat Guy?

Options

Replies

• releasetherobots
    releasetherobots Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think it's very typical for thin women to be attracted to bigger men. Ever watch TV? Skinny chick/fat guy couples dominate most TV shows. Big guys are just so lovable!
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    All to often I see these muscle heads out and they are cocky, conceded, arrogant thinking they are gods gift to women and they make us woman sick ! Those traits ARE NOT attractive to us women !! you may be nice to look at but not to have a relationship with . these men act as if us girl owe them something ....Listen UP WE DONT !

I think attraction is not controlled, I think it just happens....why do you stand in a room of people and scan the room and your eyes focus in on the person in the room you find attractive. Then if you get to know someone attraction becomes about the person and their personality. It starts out physical and then becomes emotional. So that is why men or women will be with someone that is out of shape when they themselves are in shape. And as men look at women with curvy hips and find it attractive yet don't really know why, women find heavier men attractive for the same reason.......Waaayyyyy on back if a man was heavy it meant he was a good provider (in hunting) if he could hunt good then you would eat good. If you were a skinny guy and could barely hunt enough food for yourself how were you gonna feed a wife and kids. So men and women find things attractive in a mate because it is in our DNA.

And men that spend all their time working out to look good don't have the time us women want a man to put into us :wink:
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Read the book <u>Why We Love</u> by Helen Fisher. It's not self-help or fluff: she is a world-renowned anthropologist and sheds SO much light on the whole romantic love situation, including why women look for what they do, etc. If you are open-minded and rational enough, you can accept certain things as fact and just live the best life you can!
  • SuperCork
    SuperCork Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Read the book <u>Why We Love</u> by Helen Fisher. It's not self-help or fluff: she is a world-renowned anthropologist and sheds SO much light on the whole romantic love situation, including why women look for what they do, etc. If you are open-minded and rational enough, you can accept certain things as fact and just live the best life you can!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    All to often I see these muscle heads out and they are cocky, conceded, arrogant thinking they are gods gift to women and they make us woman sick ! Those traits ARE NOT attractive to us women !! you may be nice to look at but not to have a relationship with . these men act as if us girl owe them something ....Listen UP WE DONT !

I think attraction is not controlled, I think it just happens....why do you stand in a room of people and scan the room and your eyes focus in on the person in the room you find attractive. Then if you get to know someone attraction becomes about the person and their personality. It starts out physical and then becomes emotional. So that is why men or women will be with someone that is out of shape when they themselves are in shape. And as men look at women with curvy hips and find it attractive yet don't really know why, women find heavier men attractive for the same reason.......Waaayyyyy on back if a man was heavy it meant he was a good provider (in hunting) if he could hunt good then you would eat good. If you were a skinny guy and could barely hunt enough food for yourself how were you gonna feed a wife and kids. So men and women find things attractive in a mate because it is in our DNA.

And men that spend all their time working out to look good don't have the time us women want a man to put into us :wink:

The original question should have been more specific to get an honest answer. Maybe it should have said if all things are equal(because you stereotype men, not all fit or muscular men are conceited or arrogant) except one is fit and one is fat(not a pudge but fat, round, rotund) what would you choose?
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    A lot of responses on here about women liking "bigger" men and not liking skinny men. Got me to thinking if I am too skinny. I work out and want to be fit for me. But at 6'2'' and 174lbs (down from 200), maybe I have gone to being too thin. Oh well, my wife loves me and I am very funny with a confident personality. Don't plan on looking for another woman anyway as my wife is wonderful and sexy as hell to me!
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I agree. I think there is a disconnect with words.

There is thin. Muscular. "fit". Then theres a bit over or pudge. Then theres fat which i define as roughly 25% body fat with a bit of pregnant belly. Then theres obese which i classify as 30% or more body fat which has a large pregnant belly. Morbidly obese are the ppl you typically see on biggest loser.

I think that once a male crosses into 25% or more body fat, that fit women will by and large not be sexually attracted. I base this off of personal experience, psychology and sociological studies, and dating site data.

Chub or "a little extra" is not "fat" to me.
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    The original question should have been more specific to get an honest answer. Maybe it should have said if all things are equal(because you stereotype men, not all fit or muscular men are conceited or arrogant) except one is fit and one is fat(not a pudge but fat, round, rotund) what would you choose?
    [/quote]

If I am fit no I don't want a fat mate, but now if I am fat and overweight then sure we would look good together....
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options

You're right. If I were to post it again I would pose the question differently...
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    yes
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    As a life long big fella I find it a little hard to believe all you ladies that say you like fat guys. I mean, with my lovely personality, stunning blue eyes, and great smile if you are all being truthful I should have had much more action back in my prime. I'm just sayin......:wink:
    Welllll we are a population of specific people. We are not the generally public and you're a "beef"cake. Maybe they were just intimidated.

If only MFP was around during my prime years......:wink:
  • Incunabulum
    Options
    Why not just ask the fit, sexy girl in whom you are interested? Opinions are like a$$h0les, after all.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    The question should also have been asked to single fit women because happily married women with husbands that are a little overweight or fat are answering these questions. Of course when I was married I loved her with all my heart and told her if she weighed 300lbs. I would still love her with all my heart and that was the honest to god til death do we part truth. But if you get a divorce would you go out looking for another man as fat as your husband was?
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Yes, they can fall in love, but will the lady let the fat guy buy her a drink? Appearance is what draws people to you. I have been overwight my whole life. At times I found it hard to meet women. Other times my personality won them over. In the end I married a women that was in much better shape then I was.

I would like to point out that fat people can be healthy too. I'm overweight (250+), But I workout an average of 2 hours a day. I've ran two maratons and several half marathons. I also know skinny people who can't run a mile. So weight is not the only measure of fitness.

P.S. No one will love you unless you love yourself.
  • SweetMegz04
    SweetMegz04 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Yes, of course.. it's really about the person not what they look like. Some people are only seeing the size and look. Others see within,
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The question should also have been asked to single fit women because happily married women with husbands that are a little overweight or fat are answering these questions. Of course when I was married I loved her with all my heart and told her if she weighed 300lbs. I would still love her with all my heart and that was the honest to god til death do we part truth. But if you get a divorce would you go out looking for another man as fat as your husband was?

Do you think we were BORN married?! Just because I'm not single doesn't mean I don't remember being single. I know I'm old, but senility hasn't completely set in yet.

If I were suddenly single again, I'd do the same thing as I did last time I was single. I'd look for the guy most compatible with me. That might be a fit guy. That might be a fat guy. He'd definitely like animals and not like organized religion. He'd be funny, a bit geeky and very sarcastic. And going by my past history, I'm fairly certain he'd be a huge fan of Monty Python and Douglas Adams.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    confidence confidence confidence!!! my first real boyfriend had a bit of a belly and i thought it was cute :) my most recent boyfriend was pretty skinny and i always wanted him to gain more weight. in the end, it's all about the personality and mutual attraction (on all levels). my ideal preference is a man in his 30s, who keeps his body hair intact (no shaving of the chest, thankyouverymuch), taller than me, with a deep voice, an apprenticeship with mother theresa's next in line, professor of something at a prestigious university, volunteer at an organization of my choice, etc etc. no, but seriously. i do like all of those qualities ;) especially chest hair. but not back hair ;) hahaha....

*still waiting*
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    It happens all the time. We seldom get the guy or gal of our dreams or someone who just stepped out of a soap opera. Besides, people who judge others on appearance are people you don't want in your life no matter who or what you are.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Its a proven fact that physique and appearance is what FIRST attracts you to a certain person (we learned this in psychology). THEN, comes personality, emotional attachment, intamacy, etc. So I think it would be very hard for a fit woman to be attracted to a man who is overweight, in my opinion.

Not only for the attraction fact, but also because a woman wants someone who she can RELATE to - if the man is overweight, doesn't watch what he eats, and doesn't workout, how will they find some common ground to begin a conversation with? What about the first date when they go out to EAT at a resturaunt? To me, its a total turn off if a man doesn't care about his body or his appearance.

Good thing this is your opinion...What does a blind person do when it comes to physique and appearance. Take your miss-guided fact elsewhere.
  • flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    If the confidence is there, there's an attraction and he makes me laugh then YES!! That doesn't mean that I don't like a nice cut muscular guy either. I think I just like all men!!!:bigsmile: