Can a Fit, Sexy Girl Like a Fat Guy?

Options

Replies

• iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    The one guy I knew in college who pulled the best ladies was a little over-weight. But his personality was one of the most dynamic I've seen in any walk of life. If I see him doing stand-up on Comedy Central I wouldn't be suprised, and if I see him on C-Span debating legislation I wouldn't be surprised.

It's more about personality that anything.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    double post
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My husband is a big dude. I've dated skinny guys, ripped guys, average guys and big guys. It's the personality and compatibility that matters.

My fitness is MY thing. I don't need my husband to run with me any more than he needs me to play video games with him. We have plenty of common interests, goals, values, etc. We don't need to share everything. Like I said in another post, my goal is to win a trophy running a 5k. The closest goal he has to that is to snap my picture crossing that finish line. He can support me without running one step.

My parents were married 55 years, til death they did part. :heart: When my mom was in the hospital, puffy from medication, tubes and wires everywhere, you can tell that when my dad looked at her, he saw the gorgeous 19 year old he married, not the 73 year old in that bed. That's the kind of love I want, and the kind I have. The kind that lasts.
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I like my men "cuddly" which often means that they have a little pudge on them. And I am a total foodie, so I like for my man to enjoy good food - real food, not fast food junk.

I do want my man to be fit though - he needs that stamina! Yes, I want the best of both worlds.
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Yes, absolutely.
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    absolutely...however if you really care about someone you want them to be healthy and be a around to be your partner for a very long time. :wink:
  • tahardesty
    Options
    Absolutely! If a guy has great eyes, a great smile, a personality to match, and can make me laugh, that's all I need, regardless of size.
  • tahardesty
    Options
    Absolutely! If a guy has great eyes, a great smile, a personality to match, and can make me laugh, that's all I need, regardless of size.
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    Sorry, but I would think it very difficult to be fit and date someone who is not. At some point the other person would feel like they were being looked down on all the time. Being physically fit is not just about the physical transformation, its about changing your attitude about your heath and that takes discipline. I know there are some people who may have a biological reason for being overweight, but I don't that's the case for most people. Physical fitness is lifestyle change, I can't imagine having a successful relationship with someone who could care less about about how important that is.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    The posts in this thread defy actual results. Either many of you are bull****ting, or mfp has an entirely different culture of people from dating sites and western culture in general.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Maybe he should have worded the question differently. What do you prefer a fat guy or fit guy? I don't think most women would be so shallow as to totally choose on looks alone. But if you ask what they prefer a fat guy or fit guy I think the fit guy would be the choice. Its not like they are out there right now looking for the fat guy. They say they would date a fat guy, but if the woman is fit and the man does not care about being fit then why would the woman keep dating the fat guy. Sure all these woman say they would date a fat guy but would you have a relationship with someone who doesn't view fitness as you do?
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options

This ^
    Obviously attraction is important but I don't think a bit of extra weight would be a dealbreaker if they've got everything else going on.
  • MattArcade
    MattArcade Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Wow these are the real women that are hard to find. I'm sure a few guys will get a big boost from this especially me when you think some people are just well out of your league :)
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Skinny doesn't equal fit or even healthy. A lot of people look down on overweight people. They think that all overweight people are lazy, eat all day and don't exercise. What they need to realize is that a lot of overweight people are healthy and fit. A lot of overweight people can out exercise a lot of skinny people. A lot of overweight people can do P90x, whereas a lot of skinny people can't even last a minute doing P90x. I'm overweight and I'm fit.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Double post.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Maybe he should have worded the question differently. What do you prefer a fat guy or fit guy? I don't think most women would be so shallow as to totally choose on looks alone. But if you ask what they prefer a fat guy or fit guy I think the fit guy would be the choice.
    I want my hubby to be healthy, but if he can be healthy and keep some pudge, that would be fantastic.
    Bony and/or rock hard men just don't feel right. I like at least a little cushion on my man.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Well of Course.. It's what's in the inside that matters the most, I would have a man who is a lil over weight and Be inlove with me and treat me like a princess then some fine looking hottie with abs and muscles to treat me like crap... "Just sayin"
    But I have to agree with Cami as well, If you really love them then you want them to get healthy and be around for a long time with you... :wink:
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    we can bring sexy back together :wink:
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Maybe he should have worded the question differently. What do you prefer a fat guy or fit guy? I don't think most women would be so shallow as to totally choose on looks alone. But if you ask what they prefer a fat guy or fit guy I think the fit guy would be the choice.
    I want my hubby to be healthy, but if he can be healthy and keep some pudge, that would be fantastic.
    Bony and/or rock hard men just don't feel right. I like at least a little cushion on my man.

We are talking about fat not pudge. Thats like I will date a little fat guy but not a big fat guy or I will date a guy with 20% body fat but not 30% body fat.
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    My ex had a lot of concerns over me being fit. She said she never dated a fit guy, in my case lean but not skinny, and it worried her. She (according to her) could stand to lose 20 lbs and she was a runner. She always thought I'd leave her for a (again her words) skinny girl. She knew I wasn't shallow but it still concerned her. So perhaps for some women, it's just another item on the list of everything else that has been mentioned like overall good looks, personality, etc., which I guess you'd call it a measure of security.