Can a Fit, Sexy Girl Like a Fat Guy?

Options

Replies

• Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I dont know if I am either of the above but I am pretty close to goal weight and my husband is heavy. Its not always about that but how confident you are, your ability to make us laugh(huge for me), caring, responsible, usually puts me first, hard working, and most of the time not a butthead! oh and I forgot rocking my world in the bedroom!

Annie, you have such a way with words... =)

I know most women want manly men and manly men usually have at least a little girth to them...

Girls like to drool over ripped men and maybe even (ahem) "run a few errands with them now and again." But it seems to me that they don't usually want a relationship with them. Am I right about that...?

In my case you are right on! I would never date a guy who is obsessed with his looks, spends more time getting ready than I do, and is basically high maintenance.
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I think all this "its whats on the inside that counts" stuff is rot, and maybe reasoning like that is a huge reason for the high divorce rate. Sex and sexual chemistry between a couple is vitally important to a relationship, it swhat keeps men and women together. And well i don't think many women can honestly say they find a big fat gut an attraction.

For me, yes I can LIKE a fat guy, but a lot more than liking is required if I am to commit to him as a partner. If he had a great personality and a fat gut, I'd be more than happy to be friends with that person, but jumping in the sack iwth him, different story.
  • gorgeouss9
    Options
    I am attracted to tall men with a little meat on their bones - be it muscle or fat. I absolutely am not attracted to skinny men.
  • shana_phoenix83
    shana_phoenix83 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yes. The answer is definitely yes.
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Yes, I know a few thin girls who are with obese mates and they are happy as can be.
  • panda0920
    Options
    I dont know if I am either of the above but I am pretty close to goal weight and my husband is heavy. Its not always about that but how confident you are, your ability to make us laugh(huge for me), caring, responsible, usually puts me first, hard working, and most of the time not a butthead! oh and I forgot rocking my world in the bedroom!

Annie, you have such a way with words... =)

I know most women want manly men and manly men usually have at least a little girth to them...

Girls like to drool over ripped men and maybe even (ahem) "run a few errands with them now and again." But it seems to me that they don't usually want a relationship with them. Am I right about that...?

Those sort of men aren't keepers because of the ego, usually, since no one truly deserves to be put into a stereotype.

Size is just a number, I mean, I don't want someone who doesn't care about their health rather than weight because I'd be too worried about their health.
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    we can bring sexy back together :wink:

There ya' go...good answer!!!
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    In my case you are right on! I would never date a guy who is obsessed with his looks, spends more time getting ready than I do, and is basically high maintenance.
    [/quote]

If he spends the same amount of time that you do and is fit like you. You would choose a fat guy who takes less time than you to get ready? All these answers are like well yes I would yet there are circumstances to their answers. The question was "Can a Fit, Sexy Girl Like a Fat Guy?" Say for instance you are fit and he is not, you are in shape and he weighs 350lbs. and is round. Dang what am I thinking I never thought all you sweet women existed.
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Sure ^^ It would depend on the woman, I suppose. Her interests, what she finds to be physically attractive, and the personality of the man. I can say that if my fiance ever gained a bunch of weight I would still love him just the same <3
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Maybe he should have worded the question differently. What do you prefer a fat guy or fit guy? I don't think most women would be so shallow as to totally choose on looks alone. But if you ask what they prefer a fat guy or fit guy I think the fit guy would be the choice. Its not like they are out there right now looking for the fat guy. They say they would date a fat guy, but if the woman is fit and the man does not care about being fit then why would the woman keep dating the fat guy. Sure all these woman say they would date a fat guy but would you have a relationship with someone who doesn't view fitness as you do?

I've been with my husband 12 years and married for 10. His weight has about as much impact on the relationship as his eye color does. It doesn't matter. I'm not that shallow. I'm very much attracted to him, so I am somewhat shallow, but I don't care if he has a belly or a six pack.

And I'm not that self-centered that I need someone who shares every single last one of my interests. I don't need him to run with me. I can do that by myself. I don't need him to go to the gym with me. I can do that by myself. And we eat all the same foods. I like pizza, boneless wings and chips & queso as much as he does. It seems really weak and selfish to say, "I need a guy to keep me in line."

And besides all that, it annoyed the hell out of me when I was single and guys would only be interested in me for how I looked. I have a fantastic sense of humor. I'm intelligent. I'm kind and caring. I'm creative. I'm hard working. And all that matters a lot more than how my butt looks in a pair of tight jeans, and I wanted someone who'd appreciate all of that. And I wanted to appreciate the same things about him.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    I am attracted to tall men with a little meat on their bones - be it muscle or fat. I absolutely am not attracted to skinny men.

I guess Brad Pitt back in the day was ugly as all get out and the John Candy look was in.
  • MrsPong
    MrsPong Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Since I'm always at the gym, cooking and eating healthy meals and always watching what I eat dating a man who doesnt care about the way he looks or eats would be a huge turn off for me, if he has medical issues or was a "work in progress" and worked out, ate healthy but still heavy I would give him a chance...

Yet I havent always been at my thinnest but always toned up. When I married my husband weight, eating and working out got so serious....

My husband is a marine... I feel like I have to look my best with him at all times...and watch every single thing I eat and how much I workout, I enjoy taking care of myself and At least we have that in common, and I believe thats the biggest thing when you find someone, is you can relate too. (but I will admit, I wish he would let go of the healthy diet once in awhile and have a good big fatty brownie with me!! ;-) hehe )
  • louisebear
    Options
    hey I like a man that I can go out to eat with, a man that wont be eyeing himself up in the mirror !!! its all about confidence i think and good hugs.
  • louisebear
    Options
    hey I like a man that I can go out to eat with, a man that wont be eyeing himself up in the mirror !!! its all about confidence i think and good hugs.
  • Ant_M76
    Ant_M76 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    The posts in this thread defy actual results. Either many of you are bull****ting, or mfp has an entirely different culture of people from dating sites and western culture in general.

I'm inclined to agree with this, to some degree.

At least here, in London, it seems to be the case that you might see a larger woman with a thinner, fitter guy but seldom the other way round.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I think all this "its whats on the inside that counts" stuff is rot, and maybe reasoning like that is a huge reason for the high divorce rate. Sex and sexual chemistry between a couple is vitally important to a relationship, it swhat keeps men and women together. And well i don't think many women can honestly say they find a big fat gut an attraction.

For me, yes I can LIKE a fat guy, but a lot more than liking is required if I am to commit to him as a partner. If he had a great personality and a fat gut, I'd be more than happy to be friends with that person, but jumping in the sack iwth him, different story.

this response is the most honest, and is what is reflected by most ppl that i know as well as by dating site results. People of either gender tend overall to value sexual chemistry the most.

If being fat (not a little chub, were talking 25% or more body fat) netted you attractive mates because of awesome personality, sites like this and the diet industry overall would not be so wildly profitable and huge.

Physical appearance is the vastly predominant reason fat people often cite as why they want to be thinner. Health etc can play a part but being negatively judged by society overall is the biggest cause of depression and bad self image that many report.

No one strives to be alone, but i can tell you from my own experience with being 30 lbs overweight, dating and mating while fat is very difficult and very frustrating. People who are total doucherags but fit and attractive are also very successful dating, and its not because of their awesome personality.

Fat people with great heart are often left on the curb. Thats just reality. Thats what drives many of you, and me, to get in shape.

Honesty is a lost art.
  • gorgeouss9
    Options

I guess Brad Pitt back in the day was ugly as all get out and the John Candy look was in.

I said 'a little' ;)
    I never cared for Brad Pitt... I like the tall teddy bear type
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion( so I know that means nothing) BUT I would much rather have a heavier man who is kind, stable, great provider,caring someone who can go out and have a great time without trying to impress every girl in the room with his muscles !

All to often I see these muscle heads out and they are cocky, conceded, arrogant thinking they are gods gift to women and they make us woman sick ! Those traits ARE NOT attractive to us women !! you may be nice to look at but not to have a relationship with . these men act as if us girl owe them something ....Listen UP WE DONT ! ok SO for the poster who posted earlier the comment" WHAT KIND OF SICKO LIKES A HEAVIER MAN" I bet your single !

Again , IM not saying allmen that are in shape are like that ! SO dont take it the wrong way.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Maybe he should have worded the question differently. What do you prefer a fat guy or fit guy? I don't think most women would be so shallow as to totally choose on looks alone. But if you ask what they prefer a fat guy or fit guy I think the fit guy would be the choice.
    I want my hubby to be healthy, but if he can be healthy and keep some pudge, that would be fantastic.
    Bony and/or rock hard men just don't feel right. I like at least a little cushion on my man.

We are talking about fat not pudge. Thats like I will date a little fat guy but not a big fat guy or I will date a guy with 20% body fat but not 30% body fat.

I don't know what his body fat is, but I my hubby looks very handsome now - he is 5'5.5" and about 200 pounds.

That is significantly heavier than I am and I am also 4 1/2 inches taller. .

Do I wish he would eat better and exercise at least a little bit? Yes.

Do I want him to lose a bunch of weight? Not really. My hubby has a gut and a butt and, to be perfectly honest, I find him more physically attractive now than I did when he was 50 pounds lighter (when I met him).

Exercise and healthy eating would improve his overall health, though, which is infinitely more important than any number or size.
  • Incunabulum
    Options
    Women of all sizes and shapes all over the world love Santa, don't they??