Options

Replies

• missjoci
    missjoci Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    "Good job" gets old after a while
    "totes" is a seriously annoying word!
    "Epic" is not epic.
    "Fail" is only funny sometimes, it is overused and it irritates me.

Overall It annoys me when people speak in Ebonics, because I have no idea what they are saying or what they mean. Texting has made the English language go downhill. There are so many acronyms I have to look up online on urbandictionary.com. Haha!
  • louisau
    louisau Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    These type of logs should be banned: Burned 200 cals "doing hair":huh: Come on Fitness Pals

This probably depends on what your hair looked like before you started "doin" it. LOL
  • catbrand
    catbrand Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Another vote for hubby over here!

It's not so bad on here but on facebook I notice people suddenly start using child speak when talking about their children. Eg, 'ickle bubbas' :huh: No, they are called babies.

Back to MFP though, I notice a fair few people people have 'weight-ins' as opposed to 'weigh-ins'. Is that a regional thing or is it OK that it bugs me?
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    The word I really don't like to see is one which is rarely actually written but is often so much in evidence.....FASCISM!

Seriously, if something is irksome to read, don't read it! Who are we to dictate how people should spell, or what they should talk about?

Having been a teacher for almost 15 years, I know that some people genuinely cannot spell some words, no matter how hard they try. And funnily enough, this has never made them bad people. Nor stupid people. Ditto some folks' need to talk about certain topics. People need to talk - that's why internet fora work so well. For some, it's the only chance they get to discuss matters - not everyone is blessed with supportive friends and family.

Regarding profile comments, I really don't mind what people write on mine, as long as it's positive...and since they *are* my friends, they are always positive! Certainly there have been instances when I've felt that perhaps giving me a 'WTG' when (due to illness) I've only consumed 200 cals in a day was not the best comment, and maybe an indication that my food diary had not been looked at, but the fact remains that that person still cared enough to take the time to contribute *something*...and that means a lot to me. Most of us lead very busy lives, and IMO, giving one's time is a very precious gift indeed...one I am always incredibly happy to receive.

So, one word I would like to see more....TOLERANCE! :bigsmile:

1. Wowzers,
    2. Woop woop,
    3. TTYL
    4. light house cleaning burns :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LMAO, people have light house cleaning everyday. I'm like, "How dirty is your house???"

Oh, I don't know - I suspect that cleaning a lighthouse every day has got to burn an awful lot, especially if done from top to bottom! Cleaning that light on the top is bound to be a great upper arm workout! :laugh:

On a more serious note - for some people, housework may be the only workout they are capable of. I don't see how burning 200 cals doing the cleaning every day is any different to burning the same amount running, walking, or doing any other form of 'legitimate' exercise every day! What is important is that people are moving, surely? Housework may not have the same benefits as running (for example) but for someone who has previously led a very sedentary life, it could make a huge difference, especially if they live in a large house.

#climbsoffsoapboxandresumeslurking
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Kardashian

Thank you!!! They are so irritating!

I wish they would be shipped off to a deserted island with those idiots from Jersey Shore and Bad Girl's Club. Oh yeah, take Nickleback too.
  • amfeierabend74
    Options
    Kardashian

Thank you!!! They are so irritating!

I wish they would be shipped off to a deserted island with those idiots from Jersey Shore and Bad Girl's Club. Oh yeah, take Nickleback too.

Don"t forget Justin Beiber!
  • bowmab21
    bowmab21 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    "Good Burn".....when I obviously was being lazy and only walked around the corner and recorded it under 10 min walk 89 cal burned! LOL

LOL..YES I so agree!

Im going to get roasted for this, but I hate LOL.
  • _JuliaM_
    Options
    I am surprised at how many people use the word "loose" instead of "lose". My pet hate! :happy:
    ↑THIS↑
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am surprised at how many people use the word "loose" instead of "lose". My pet hate! :happy:
    Because some of us are in other countries and it is loose NOT lose.
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    The word I really don't like to see is one which is rarely actually written but is often so much in evidence.....FASCISM!

Seriously, if something is irksome to read, don't read it! Who are we to dictate how people should spell, or what they should talk about?

Having been a teacher for almost 15 years, I know that some people genuinely cannot spell some words, no matter how hard they try. And funnily enough, this has never made them bad people. Nor stupid people. Ditto some folks' need to talk about certain topics. People need to talk - that's why internet fora work so well. For some, it's the only chance they get to discuss matters - not everyone is blessed with supportive friends and family.

Regarding profile comments, I really don't mind what people write on mine, as long as it's positive...and since they *are* my friends, they are always positive! Certainly there have been instances when I've felt that perhaps giving me a 'WTG' when (due to illness) I've only consumed 200 cals in a day was not the best comment, and maybe an indication that my food diary had not been looked at, but the fact remains that that person still cared enough to take the time to contribute *something*...and that means a lot to me. Most of us lead very busy lives, and IMO, giving one's time is a very precious gift indeed...one I am always incredibly happy to receive.

1. Wowzers,
    2. Woop woop,
    3. TTYL

LMAO, people have light house cleaning everyday. I'm like, "How dirty is your house???"

Oh, I don't know - I suspect that cleaning a lighthouse every day has got to burn an awful lot, especially if done from top to bottom! Cleaning that light on the top is bound to be a great upper arm workout! :laugh:

On a more serious note - for some people, housework may be the only workout they are capable of. I don't see how burning 200 cals doing the cleaning every day is any different to burning the same amount running, walking, or doing any other form of 'legitimate' exercise every day! What is important is that people are moving, surely? Housework may not have the same benefits as running (for example) but for someone who has previously led a very sedentary life, it could make a huge difference, especially if they live in a large house.

Yes I agree.
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options

1. Wowzers,
    2. Woop woop,
    3. TTYL

Yes I agree.

Completely agree, I would much prefer to have a page load of WTG's than nothing at all, it shows someone cares enough to comment. I've had days where noone has commented and find that really discouraging....just saying lol :wink:
  • VinVenture
    Options
    I use GM frequently, but I *am* the Game Master in our DnD group, so I'll stick to doing so. GM's rules.

Words to ban:
    - Toning
    - Preggers/preggo (any variation of this gets on my nerves)
    - Totally
    - Awesome (because this is used about hot dogs, Americans seem to shoot themselves in the foot. If you see the earth from the moon and describe it as awesome, you'll equal it to a really nice hot dog, and soon you'll have to go on the hot-dog-scale of awesomes, including the earth from the moon - 10 000 hot dogs worth of awesome.)
  • almost350
    Options
    This Post is Awesome, WTG! I think it's absolutely amazing, you rock!
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I only have one: HCG

Hehe,I was just going to put this down!
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    This Post is Awesome, WTG! I think it's absolutely amazing, you rock!

:laugh: :laugh:
    and I TOTE' HATE when I FAIL to remember TOM but my HUBBY loves me all the same. Excuse me, I have to go and do some "light house cleaning" now, I need to have a GREAT BURN!! :laugh:

oh and whats HCG?
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options

oh and whats HCG?

I was about to ask the same thing!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Because some of us are in other countries and it is loose NOT lose.

Ummmm no. In the English language it is to totally separate words..... In any English language country.....
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options

oh and whats HCG?

I was about to ask the same thing!

It's a Fad pill/shot treatment going around... It invoiced a REALLY restricted diet, and it really frowned upon... :(

But I say totes all the time, and I'm TOTES Proud of it! ;D

(Okay, Okay, I'll stop)
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Im going to get roasted for this, but I hate LOL.
    [/quote]

Question, so is lol okay? what about LoL maybe even Lol?
  • krista010105
    krista010105 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    i have just two that really annoy me

LIKE ( like when used like more than like once in a conversation) lol

and the text when one replies and it reads " K " seroiusly?!?!?!