Replies

• #1: I can't
    #2: I won't
  • jlnk
    jlnk Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    MFP specific...

I want to "loose" weight.

Perhaps not what you had in mind when posing your question, but annoying and should be banned nonetheless!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    How about the big lie...
    "I don't have time for exercise"?:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • bestselve2012
    Options
    LOL
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    4. I know, right?!

I HATE this phrase!!!! (go ahead someone...be sarcastic and respond to this with "I know, right?")
  • busterbluth
    busterbluth Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    "skinny fat"
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Kardashian

Thank you!!! They are so irritating!

I wish they would be shipped off to a deserted island with those idiots from Jersey Shore and Bad Girl's Club. Oh yeah, take Nickleback too.

I agree - all of them.
    And they are called Nicklecrap I thought?
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    epic
    fail

even worse when they are used in the same sentence!

Agreed!!!
  • GoldSag1
    GoldSag1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    hmmmm....
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    2. tomorrow is a new day; there's always tomorrow; start new tomorrow (or any variation of this phrase)

:wink:
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    TOM
    what would you prefer to TOM?? just wondering cuz we use that to be polite instead of saying...bleeding, period, blood, raggin it, aunt flow, ...etc...lmao so what would be better??
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    TOM
    what would you prefer to TOM?? just wondering cuz we use that to be polite instead of saying...bleeding, period, blood, raggin it, aunt flow, ...etc...lmao so what would be better??

Period or menstruation works for me.
  • rebeccaME207
    rebeccaME207 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    any cheering on is A ok to me!!
  • mfiggs
    mfiggs Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    who cares what people are saying to your accomplishments- at least they are acknowledging them. They could say nothing.

Agreed!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Any spelling of Voila other than 'Voila'
    Walla,, Walah, etc.

HA! That's what it's supposed to be! Proof I spend too much time with Arab speakers, I thought it was the Arabic term.

1. Jealous
    2. Sabotage
    3. Cleanse
    4. _________ Diet
    5. Dr. Oz/Dr. Phil/Oprah
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    The word I really don't like to see is one which is rarely actually written but is often so much in evidence.....FASCISM!

Seriously, if something is irksome to read, don't read it! Who are we to dictate how people should spell, or what they should talk about?

Having been a teacher for almost 15 years, I know that some people genuinely cannot spell some words, no matter how hard they try. And funnily enough, this has never made them bad people. Nor stupid people. Ditto some folks' need to talk about certain topics. People need to talk - that's why internet fora work so well. For some, it's the only chance they get to discuss matters - not everyone is blessed with supportive friends and family.

Regarding profile comments, I really don't mind what people write on mine, as long as it's positive...and since they *are* my friends, they are always positive! Certainly there have been instances when I've felt that perhaps giving me a 'WTG' when (due to illness) I've only consumed 200 cals in a day was not the best comment, and maybe an indication that my food diary had not been looked at, but the fact remains that that person still cared enough to take the time to contribute *something*...and that means a lot to me. Most of us lead very busy lives, and IMO, giving one's time is a very precious gift indeed...one I am always incredibly happy to receive.

So, one word I would like to see more....TOLERANCE! :bigsmile:

1. Wowzers,
    2. Woop woop,
    3. TTYL
    4. light house cleaning burns :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

LMAO, people have light house cleaning everyday. I'm like, "How dirty is your house???"

Oh, I don't know - I suspect that cleaning a lighthouse every day has got to burn an awful lot, especially if done from top to bottom! Cleaning that light on the top is bound to be a great upper arm workout! :laugh:

On a more serious note - for some people, housework may be the only workout they are capable of. I don't see how burning 200 cals doing the cleaning every day is any different to burning the same amount running, walking, or doing any other form of 'legitimate' exercise every day! What is important is that people are moving, surely? Housework may not have the same benefits as running (for example) but for someone who has previously led a very sedentary life, it could make a huge difference, especially if they live in a large house.

#climbsoffsoapboxandresumeslurking

Yes I agree.

Completely agree, I would much prefer to have a page load of WTG's than nothing at all, it shows someone cares enough to comment. I've had days where noone has commented and find that really discouraging....just saying lol :wink:

I would have to agree with all of this.

I understand this is in the gun and games, but it is kind of insulting to the people that make the effort to leave those comments. Would you prefer they said nothing at all?
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    'BEWBS' - specifically that spelling. It fills me with rage when I see it, though I'm not sure why. (Breasts is preferable, but I can tolerate boobs if you have to go with slang.)
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    "just sayin'"

Yes!! Also, "it is what it is"
  • carrie145
    carrie145 Posts: 297
    Options
    who cares what people are saying to your accomplishments- at least they are acknowledging them. They could say nothing.

I agree with this!! I will take encouragement in any form!
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    LOL. Hey its encouragement!