Words that Should be Banned for 2012

Options

Replies

• Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    We all have those words or acronyms that sometimes we receive that you wish would be banned from anyone using...Especially on those days when we feel like we have went extremely hard and all we recieve is this on our status..I will start it off: I am going to list my TOP Five..

Number #1-GM
    #2-WTG
    #3- Awesome
    #4-You Rock
    #5-Amazing

I am SO Guilty of 3, 4 AND 5!

I guess I need to come up with some fresh words of encouragement! *Runs to get a thesaurus*
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    bwahahahaha!!! ced you're too funny!!!
    I think counting cleaning, shopping and any type of not real cardio cardio should be banned.

If not then i would like to add...

1) Burned 300 calories and eliminated about 1,000 calories taking a @#$#@!
    @##@ some more...
    3) Burned 200 calories looking at all the after pics of MFP's Sexy and Fine women!
    4) Burned 150 calories DELETING people who don't check their pages for 2 weeks then get mad when I delete them then email me and say I am wrong because they had other things to do.
  • Journeyingascrystal
    Options
    We all have those words or acronyms that sometimes we receive that you wish would be banned from anyone using...Especially on those days when we feel like we have went extremely hard and all we recieve is this on our status..I will start it off: I am going to list my TOP Five..

Number #1-GM
    #2-WTG
    #3- Awesome
    #4-You Rock
    #5-Amazing

Surely this is a joke... I believe when someone takes a MOMENT out of their busy day to say 'good job' is a HUGE compliment!!!!! and on other times when they have more time to say more .. its a blessing. WHen I work hard I tell myself I am awesome.. no need for much more. though I am MOST appreciative for those that do support me with a hoo-rah every once in a while! I have learned to charge to their time because if they are in my group of friends... I know their heart is true. We could all use 2012 as a year to also ban ungratefulness. IJS..
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    And the one word I'd love to see less of is SUPPORTIVE! <--- Like that, in all caps. Why? Because people only say it when they want you to condone the bad diet/weightloss scam they're all emotionally wrapped up in.

"What do you guys think of SHAKEOLOGY?"

"I think it's a pretty lousy plan and a marketing scam."

"I THOUGHT THIS SITE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SUPPORTIVE!!"

And if I can be greedy enough to pick a second one it's "Everyone's body is different." Ugh! Yes we're all made of completely different substances and materials. Doctors have literally no way to diagnose people without cutting them open. See some people have skeletal structures and a nervous system and muscle...others are made mostly of jam. Some people run on pixie dust. So don't judge! We're all 100% different and in no way members of the same species who look exactly alike under our skin...
  • GoldenGirl1979
    GoldenGirl1979 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha @ zip code!! i am CTFU :laugh: :laugh:
    Here is my list of Aconyms I hate!

1: OK
    2: SCUBA
    3: ZIP Code! Its Zone improvement plan code people!!!!!!111!!!
    4: NASA
    5: SWAT
    6: JPEG
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I think counting cleaning, shopping and any type of not real cardio cardio should be banned.

If not then i would like to add...

1) Burned 300 calories and eliminated about 1,000 calories taking a @#$#@!
    @##@ some more...
    3) Burned 200 calories looking at all the after pics of MFP's Sexy and Fine women!
    4) Burned 150 calories DELETING people who don't check their pages for 2 weeks then get mad when I delete them then email me and say I am wrong because they had other things to do.

lol
  • sanjermorran
    Options
    babe..definately BABE. Hi Babe, Seeya Babe, Love ya Babe, Everything will be ok Babe, Talk to you soon Babe. Just so superficial.:explode:
  • DavetheHYNIC
    DavetheHYNIC Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they should be banned but the Bonnie&Clyde of my timeline is Jillian and TOM. they need to take a break at least if not banned!!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options

Number #1-GM
    #2-WTG
    #3- Awesome
    #4-You Rock
    #5-Amazing

I wouldnt say it is a Joke but it is FUN and Games Topic ...I agree UNGRATEFULNESS should be a word that is banned in 2012 so why not just put that word in the room... To know those that ARE GENUINE and those that ARE NOT...I definitely learned that best in 2011...So I do welcome those that REALLY mean what they say to people and can recognize the FAKE EASILY! I have the support from my pals and give it to prove that ....

Surely this is a joke... I believe when someone takes a MOMENT out of their busy day to say 'good job' is a HUGE compliment!!!!! and on other times when they have more time to say more .. its a blessing. WHen I work hard I tell myself I am awesome.. no need for much more. though I am MOST appreciative for those that do support me with a hoo-rah every once in a while! I have learned to charge to their time because if they are in my group of friends... I know their heart is true. We could all use 2012 as a year to also ban ungratefulness. IJS..
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Word...I can't stand it when I make a statement and someone agrees by saying word :indifferent:

Also you need to cut those of us with cleaning logs some slack. I have 3 children, a messy husband and more pets than anyone should have. Cleaning is never done in this place and since I'm up moving furniture and down on my hands and knees scrubbing, I count it. Considering the 22 lb loss, I'd say it's working!
  • HugznKiki
    HugznKiki Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I only have one: HCG

What does this even mean??
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I only have one: HCG

What does this even mean??

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390151-should-i-do-the-hcg-diet
  • Journeyingascrystal
    Options
    OKAY.. UNGRATEFULNESS.... FAKE... lol...
  • Journeyingascrystal
    Options
    Sexy i simply replied to an open post. these were my thoughts. you are welcome to feel the way you feel. I think you are awesome. But it doesn't mean I have to agree with your topic. I know you really want more than the YAY.. NICE.. WTG.. who doesn't.. but what I am saying is sometimes.. if not OFTEN that individual may only have time for that.. That's all i'm saying. And you never know what someone may be going through and that may have been ALL they had to give. You are amazing.. you will continue to be.. and I wish you many more successes!

Number #1-GM
    #2-WTG
    #3- Awesome
    #4-You Rock
    #5-Amazing

I wouldnt say it is a Joke but it is FUN and Games Topic ...I agree UNGRATEFULNESS should be a word that is banned in 2012 so why not just put that word in the room... To know those that ARE GENUINE and those that ARE NOT...I definitely learned that best in 2011...So I do welcome those that REALLY mean what they say to people and can recognize the FAKE EASILY! I have the support from my pals and give it to prove that ....

• jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Oh, and there's "sabotage."
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Well how about one word that isn't going anywhere...FanCee...because I was that before Drake made his song. That is all! :wink: Be good Pals!!
  • DynamicDiva
    DynamicDiva Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    These type of logs should be banned: Burned 200 cals "doing hair":huh: Come on Fitness Pals

This probably depends on what your hair looked like before you started "doin" it. LOL

I agree with MsQT, but I'm lol on the how long it took part............lol
  • DynamicDiva
    Options
    These type of logs should be banned: Burned 200 cals "doing hair":huh: Come on Fitness Pals

This probably depends on what your hair looked like before you started "doin" it. LOL

I agree with MsQT, but I'm lol on the how long it took part............lol
    Well not how long it took, but what it looked like before---so how long it took to get it looking worth something.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Well how about one word that isn't going anywhere...FanCee...because I was that before Drake made his song. That is all! :wink: Be good Pals!!

You got that right...Cause you are the Fancee one...and I love it!!
  • DynamicDiva
    Options
    Being a jerk just must be in your nature!

Excuse me but are you refering to this is a statement you don't like?...I am sure you are not refering to myself... cause i know you don't really know me well enough to call me that...LOL

If you really knew SexyCook, you would know that jerk is definitely not a word that describes her at all. What this word does show is that the person using it may have been too feeling lazy to dig into the vast English language of vocabulary and choose a more appropriate word that is befitting of another person. But then again, since that person doesn't really know SexyCook, how could they? So, instead, they pick the first hurtful word that they could think of (too easy) to describe a person for whom they know nothing, absolutely nothing about and assume that it's indicative of that persons character. Therefore the situation in which I just described is one of ignorance...............and before this person tries to go off......realize that I just described the situation as ignorant, rather than the person, because I don't know them either. And when I dictated the word "lazy" I was describing an action rather than the person. #BAM

If you don't agree with a person's topic, you could simply state that without all of the name calling. That's totally unnecessary.