Words that Should be Banned for 2012

Options

Replies

• qthompson
    Options
    These type of logs should be banned: Burned 200 cals "doing hair":huh: Come on Fitness Pals

^^^:laugh: :laugh: ^^^
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    I am surprised at how many people use the word "loose" instead of "lose". My pet hate! :happy:

Yes! I hope that in 2012 the only time I read "loose" is when someone is describing how their pants fit. And may all of our pants be loose!
  • JoseMedina21
    JoseMedina21 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    So can we start saying "you are the egg mcmuffin of mfp"
  • acorvinus
    Options
    "just sayin'"

I was beginning to think that I was the only one that hates "just sayin." It drives me crazy!
  • Bigaug
    Bigaug Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    So can we start saying "you are the egg mcmuffin of mfp"
    That's funny!
  • OneLuckyRabbit
    OneLuckyRabbit Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Any phrase that refers to weight loss as a "Journey." It is like nails on a chalkboard to me, which is probably not good considering I am on a weight loss site...
  • CRMrunner
    CRMrunner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I had a change of heart.

Tebowing

If you are praying, then it's called praying. If you are not, then it's called mocking.
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    :tongue:
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Just curious (really)
    So you have the same spelling for when clothes are loose after you lose/loose weight?
  • sunnyday789
    sunnyday789 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    double post
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    :tongue:
  • MsQt
    MsQt Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    This is so unfortunate that PEOPLE don't REALIZE which Message Board they are on. This is the Fun/games/chit-chat board. This Banned 2012 was inspired by Yearly words that have been overused throughout the Year on Fox News. I made suggestions as well for words that I used in 2011 and used this a recent as this a.m. SexyCook has the most humbled personality that you could ever find. She has loads of friends and they all including me just adore the Heck out of her! To those who got offended from this Topic and decided to just Single her out from the many who participated from the board; SHAME ON YOU! I guess when things are too obvious for people, THE DUMBER THEY GET. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So get your Panties out of that Bunch and Stop being Party Poopers.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    "Good Burn".....when I obviously was being lazy and only walked around the corner and recorded it under 10 min walk 89 cal burned! LOL
    :laugh:
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    Being a jerk just must be in your nature!

Excuse me but are you refering to this is a statement you don't like?...I am sure you are not refering to myself... cause i know you don't really know me well enough to call me that...LOL

If you really knew SexyCook, you would know that jerk is definitely not a word that describes her at all. What this word does show is that the person using it may have been too feeling lazy to dig into the vast English language of vocabulary and choose a more appropriate word that is befitting of another person. But then again, since that person doesn't really know SexyCook, how could they? So, instead, they pick the first hurtful word that they could think of (too easy) to describe a person for whom they know nothing, absolutely nothing about and assume that it's indicative of that persons character. Therefore the situation in which I just described is one of ignorance...............and before this person tries to go off......realize that I just described the situation as ignorant, rather than the person, because I don't know them either. And when I dictated the word "lazy" I was describing an action rather than the person. #BAM

If you don't agree with a person's topic, you could simply state that without all of the name calling. That's totally unnecessary.

Oh Yes Baby! I am so loving what you said DynamicDiva!!! SexyCook is that thang baby. Those who don't know her is unfortunately losing out!

I totally agree with both these fabulous ladies DynamicDiva & Msqt about Sexycook. She is one incredible friend with a pure heart. She had touch my life in a positive way and because of her kind heart and incredible friendship she has taught me alot on this journey. Sexycook is positive person with a heart of gold, whose is willing to help anyone.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    MFP specific...

I want to "loose" weight.

Perhaps not what you had in mind when posing your question, but annoying and should be banned nonetheless!
    :laugh:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    These type of logs should be banned: Burned 200 cals "doing hair":huh: Come on Fitness Pals

I am loving these!! lol!
  • BFit40
    BFit40 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    1. It is what it is
    2. At the end of the day
    3. Any L'Oreal advert "Made-i-up-ium" pseudo-science non existent word - my pet hate - moisturisation. IT'S NOT A REAL WORD!!!!!!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I really don't have a specific word I would like banned but I would like to see things that IMO are not intentional exercise and/ or activities banned for our own sakes really and especially if we are not doing any other exercise. DISCLAIMER: And before people go getting bent out shape it is my opionion and I am entitled to my opionion and if you don't agree, lets agreee to disagree. :glasses: :tongue: :happy:

Shoveling snow, walking the dog, washing the car, heavy cleaning and/or moving are all good to me for intentioal activity and getting an actual calorie burn, BUT.

But light moderate cleaning, doing hair and cooking perparations are all questionable to me and I personally choose not to use them because these are things I have to do and not a real workout. I have used light cleaning but only when I have on my HRM otherwise it is just work that I am going to do that day and not exercise. Personally I would banned the ones I stated as questionable.:wink:

DISCLAIMER: And before people go getting bent out shape it is my opionion and I am entitled to my opionion and if you don't agree, lets agreee to disagree. :glasses: :tongue: :happy:
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    "just sayin'"

Yes, dear god. This should be banned. There is no reason to say "just sayin" after you have said something. We know you are "just sayin" it because you just said it.

LMAO!!!! I was thinking the same thing!! :laugh:
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I agree with so many that have already been mentioned!

TOM - just call it a damn period (or menstruation I suppose). The only euphemism I can stand is "surfing the crimson wave" (as used in the film Clueless) because it makes me laugh. Yes, I am childish.

Preggo - ugh

Totes - especially if used alongside "ridic" (as in, "that's totes ridic"). ARGH.

Loose instead of lose - how hard is it, really, to distinguish between these words? It's like constantly calling a bloke named Bob "boob".

VIOLA in place of voila.

I confess I use awesome, epic and amazing frequently. Sorry.

Also, GM = Guild master/Game master (too many years of WoW)