Football Predictions ****MEN ONLY***

Options

Replies

• engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Who knows then. All I know is that the US thinks sport revolves around them. 'The World Series'...competitors involved = the US. :p
    Also, really...

Looking at the major professional sports in the United States -- baseball, football and basketball -- is there one that has exclusivity rules as far as what nationalities can play? The best players of each sport in the world play in those leagues.

I think you misinterpreted. I'm not saying other nationalities can't play in your sports...I was saying how you have a tournament named 'The World Series' where only US teams compete. That'd be like footballs 'The World Cup' being played by British premiership teams.

what's the world cup?? does the europe national team play in that game?
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Hell will freeze over if this *does* happen....

But Manning vs. Tebow.

G-men for the win.

Like I said....hell would freeze over if it did happen.

Really wish the debate about Tebow would die already.

He's an AWFUL quarterback. Nice guy, but terrible player.
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    GREEN BAY PACKERS. LOMBARDI TROPHY TO REMAIN IN TITLE TOWN. RODGERS IS THE NFL MVP AS WELL.
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Who knows then. All I know is that the US thinks sport revolves around them. 'The World Series'...competitors involved = the US. :p
    Also, really...

Looking at the major professional sports in the United States -- baseball, football and basketball -- is there one that has exclusivity rules as far as what nationalities can play? The best players of each sport in the world play in those leagues.

I think you misinterpreted. I'm not saying other nationalities can't play in your sports...I was saying how you have a tournament named 'The World Series' where only US teams compete. That'd be like footballs 'The World Cup' being played by British premiership teams.

what's the world cup?? does the europe national team play in that game?

Please tell me you're not serious. Please.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    This weekends games.

Texans over the Bengals, Saints over the Lions.
    Falcons over the Giants, Steelers over the Broncos.

I agree with everything but the Steelers over Broncos. I'm hoping for Broncos over Steelers.
    139321088.8Hbpfoym.42665ninja_e0yl7u.gif
    ....yeah...thats not going to happen. I love Tebow but hasnt faced a **** Lebaeu blitz package, gotten a head to head hit from James Harrison or tried to throw away from Troy Polamolou.. I see a 38-3 blow out comming your way...

Tebow has a lot of potential, but he's not Super Bowl ready. He's not even really Steelers ready ... the team isn't ready! There's always the chance that we will have a crazy comeback in the 4th, that's one of those things we do ... but the Steelers are going to have to walk in to the game thinking their balls are bigger than their skills and be overly confident for that to happen. I don't think they're that stupid.
  • MonkeyLover1993XxX
    Options
    agreed big time and its sexist special to FTM or MTF and none gender people
    I have a vagina and prefer to talk about football.
    [/quote

What she said....
  • Rokwell
    Rokwell Posts: 143
    Options
    I think it will be the 49ers and I hope the Lions in the superbowl.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    When the World Series was first devised in 1903, international baseball teams were nearly non-existent. Baseball is quite entrenched in tradition, and nobody is going to change the name now.

There is a World Championship of Baseball played every four years. Sadly, the US sends a rag-tag 3rd string group of players, which makes it a bit of a joke.

If sports in the US draw more fans and ratings worldwide than sports in other countries, does that make Americans ignorant or conceited?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Anytime you limeys want to lose to the Cubans we draft feel free.
  • jdupla5
    Options
    Patriots beat the Steelers to win the AFC

Saints go to San Fran and win, while the Falcons go to Green Bay and beat the Packers in a shocking upset.

Saints beat the falcons in the super dome for the NFC and go on to beat the Patriots again in Indy!!

I'm a bit bias # WHODAT
  • JoseMedina21
    JoseMedina21 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    no, no, no... I said football, not soccer... LOL!!! My boss is from GB and we have this debate all the time.....

Football is football. American football on the other hand...
    American Football should really be called "wimps running around wrapped in cotton wool.

My prediction is that Manchester City will slip up and United will win the Premier League.

Glory, Glory, Man United. :smile:

Damn right. Trust the yanks to rename a global sport 'Soccer' then call their fake rugby football.
    :P
    We like totally kicked your *kitten* in the late 18th century. So, there!

lmao
  • MonkeyLover1993XxX
    Options
    All you vagina-owners are being reported for derailing. GOSH!
    what about the FTM AND MTF AND none genderd people haha suck my fake **** :L
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I won the Fantasy Football league I was on this year and I am not a guy...women love football too! I am going to go with the Saints!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    i agree, especially now that mendenhall is out for the season.

sincerely,
    steeler fan who can't stand mendenhall hahaha

I'm with you. Great player but I can't stand a 9/11 Truther no matter who they are. Taking away his Twitter account is the best thing that's ever happened to that idiot.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    Patriots, next question.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Just because there are always women only posts... I figured the guys need one too....

Pardon the interruption-- haven't read through at all-- but, just wanted to say...I totally love this.

Carry on--
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hell will freeze over if this *does* happen....

But Manning vs. Tebow.

G-men for the win.

Like I said....hell would freeze over if it did happen.

Really wish the debate about Tebow would die already.

He's an AWFUL quarterback. Nice guy, but terrible player.

Been a Tebow fan since his FL days (huge Gators fan here). I don't think you win the Heisman by being an "AWFUL quarterback. Nor do I think you bring a 1-4 team back from the dead by being an "AWFUL quarterback".
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    SANTOS-FCB: Legendary Barça (0-4)

Barça proclaimed world champions after an historic four goal victory over Santos in Japan

The Catalans were three up at half time after goals from Messi, Xavi and Cesc, with the Argentinean rounding the game off with a fourth after the break

Messi, the best striker on the planet.
    Xavi, the best ball handler ever.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    When the World Series was first devised in 1903, international baseball teams were nearly non-existent. Baseball is quite entrenched in tradition, and nobody is going to change the name now.

There is a World Championship of Baseball played every four years. Sadly, the US sends a rag-tag 3rd string group of players, which makes it a bit of a joke.

I say we bring some of their cricket players over and see if any of them can hit Rivera or Papelbon....

But, really... Saying something like, "All I know is that the US thinks sport revolves around them" is silly. If sports in the US draw more fans and ratings worldwide than sports in other countries, does that make Americans ignorant or conceited?
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

But, really... Saying something like, "All I know is that the US thinks sport revolves around them" is silly. If sports in the US draw more fans and ratings worldwide than sports in other countries, does that make Americans ignorant or conceited?

Yes.

(This is a sports thread, ribbing is a requirement)