can I start a PCOS Vent your frustrations Thread? lol

Options

Replies

• budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm sending baby dust to everyone and HUGS!!
  • Kelly_1981
    Kelly_1981 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Dear PCOS,

Thanks for the excess facial hair, the incessive worrying about when/if i'm going to have a period and the lack of buns baking in my oven.

Love,
    Elaine

;) LOL

AMEN SISTER! XX
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Clomid Round TWO...........................................................................................................

Have you done metformin yet? Worked for me...
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    Blah I'm terrified my daughter will end up with pcos.

I feel the same way. I look at my precious little daughter and worry that she might have to endure the same things as me...and I will feel so guilty if that happens :frown:

Is it genetic???
  • newCourtney
    newCourtney Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Dear PCOS,
    Thank you for ruining my dreams of having a child at the ripe old age of 17. Seeing that being a mom is all I ever wanted, I hate you for taking that opportunity away from me (unless I decide to spend more money than I can afford in medicines, tests, and procedures). I hate you for the excessive hormones that make me feel like I'm crazy most of the time. I hate you for the excessive hair growth on my face that causes me to refuse to let a man stroke my face. I hate you for never allowing me to know what it is like to be thin and comfortable with my body. I hate you for making it difficult for me to lose weight, for having to be so conscious about what I eat when other people have more of an ability to splurge.

Just as a side note, PCOS, I do refuse to allow you to continue to control my life. I am finally taking control and refuse to allow you to decide what I can do and win. I will defeat you.
    :grumble:
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Clomid Round TWO...........................................................................................................

Have you done metformin yet? Worked for me...
    Oh yes I've been on metformin for about 1.5 years now. I actually lost enough weight to have my dose DECREASED. Thank god!! lol the side effects were actually starting to get worse as I lost weight...I was taking 500 mg twice a day now Im just taking it once a day.. hopefully I won't even have to take it anymore once I get all this weight off!
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    Dear PCOS,
    Thank you for ruining my dreams of having a child at the ripe old age of 17. Seeing that being a mom is all I ever wanted, I hate you for taking that opportunity away from me (unless I decide to spend more money than I can afford in medicines, tests, and procedures). I hate you for the excessive hormones that make me feel like I'm crazy most of the time. I hate you for the excessive hair growth on my face that causes me to refuse to let a man stroke my face. I hate you for never allowing me to know what it is like to be thin and comfortable with my body. I hate you for making it difficult for me to lose weight, for having to be so conscious about what I eat when other people have more of an ability to splurge.

Just as a side note, PCOS, I do refuse to allow you to continue to control my life. I am finally taking control and refuse to allow you to decide what I can do and win. I will defeat you.
    You can do this!! and I feel exactly the same.....I was devastated to find out the horrible infertility that pcos has caused me. All I ever saw in my future was being a loving mommy of my own kids. I will never give up though! Miracles DO happen! have faith hun!!!
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    Blah I'm terrified my daughter will end up with pcos.

I feel the same way. I look at my precious little daughter and worry that she might have to endure the same things as me...and I will feel so guilty if that happens :frown:

Is it genetic???
    There are many studies that have linked some pcos cases to genetics, but I haven't seen any DEFINITE studies yet. Because it also happens to women who have seen it absolutely no where in their family history?!
  • ramcnall
    ramcnall Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Dear PCOS,

I hate what you have taken from me. And I hate you even more for what you have given to me. I have had to watch everyone around me having babies and I feels as though you rub it in my face that I have not concieved. I hate that I have more acne than my teen aged step daughters. i hate that i can not just lose weight but I have to fight not to gain weight. Every ounce every pound has been a fight. I hate that others around me just think I have no will power. I feel my clock ticking and every month I get my period i feel as though I lose a part of my soul. I hate the facial and chest hair. You have taken so much of my life. The weight you gave me makes me ashamed and I hide. you have taken my opportunities for friends from the depression you gave me. But I have decide that you will not beat me. You will not control me any longer. I will look at each day as a opportunity to see sucess. I will keep believing that God will not give me more than I can handle.

It helps to know I am not the only one that is facing all of this. Please add me if you are looking for support or even just for some one that understands what you are going through.

Thanks for listening! Thanks for understanding!

BTW PCOS you can leave when you want you will not be missed!

Rebecca
  • Kelly_1981
    Options
    I will be back to read all this tomrrow GREAT THREAD!!!

PCOS I F-ING HATE YOU!!!

You have made me not like me, you have made my confidence drop, you have held me back, I want a baby and you have made it soooooo hard I am sick of medicine, facial hair, weight problems and I am sooooo scared that you will show your ugly self in my daughter and I am forever looking for symptoms on her (I have found them :-( ) I am a GREAT mother its one of the things that I know I am good at...WHY have you made it so hard for me to be able to do it again? YES I am blessed I know but I am greedy I want more.

Well PCOS Its time to hit the road I will get fit and healthy, I will keep trying to have that baby and I will do everything in my power to make sure that my daughter never has to be where I am today so SEE YA! Douch bag!
  • Kelly_1981
    Options
    Dear PCOS,

I hate what you have taken from me. And I hate you even more for what you have given to me. I have had to watch everyone around me having babies and I feels as though you rub it in my face that I have not concieved. I hate that I have more acne than my teen aged step daughters. i hate that i can not just lose weight but I have to fight not to gain weight. Every ounce every pound has been a fight. I hate that others around me just think I have no will power. I feel my clock ticking and every month I get my period i feel as though I lose a part of my soul. I hate the facial and chest hair. You have taken so much of my life. The weight you gave me makes me ashamed and I hide. you have taken my opportunities for friends from the depression you gave me. But I have decide that you will not beat me. You will not control me any longer. I will look at each day as a opportunity to see sucess. I will keep believing that God will not give me more than I can handle.

It helps to know I am not the only one that is facing all of this. Please add me if you are looking for support or even just for some one that understands what you are going through.

Thanks for listening! Thanks for understanding!

BTW PCOS you can leave when you want you will not be missed!

Rebecca

((HUGS))

P.s we sound very very simlar x I have added you lets beat this together
  • Kelly_1981
    Options
    Guys forgive me if someone has mentioned this already but I havent read it all yet BUT

I have just started taking a new herbal medicine that everyone with PCOS raves about (have a look at soulcysters) its expensive as all hell but apparently helps LOADS of women with weight loss and all the other nasty side effects (Its DCI D-Chiro-Inositol) I dont work for them I swear LOL I have not noticed rapid weightloss or even any reduction in the hair issues BUT I have had my period 2 months running which is big for me :-)
    Hopefully I will get my miricle and you will too! x
  • TahliS
    TahliS Posts: 52
    Options
    i must be blind. I swear i just started a P.C.O.S thread literally 20 seconds ago. I am sssooo struggling and its crushing me to see everyone else loosing so easily and im trying my hardest ('cept for christmas.. ugghhh) and not getting that far.
  • TahliS
    Options
    oops double post. Sorry
  • fluffy2fit
    Options
    Dear PCOS,
    Get the hell out of my life! I'm tired of the facial hair, the chest hair, the abnormal cycles, and the lack of children. I'm also tired of the Insulin Resistance which makes it hard to lose weight and makes me crave carbs at every turn.
  • TahliS
    Options
    Dear PCOS,

You can do this!! and I feel exactly the same.....I was devastated to find out the horrible infertility that pcos has caused me. All I ever saw in my future was being a loving mommy of my own kids. I will never give up though! Miracles DO happen! have faith hun!!!

Keep faith ladies!! I was told in january of 2003 I would never have kids.. I stopped taking the regular pill and was awaiting a/f to begin estelle 35 .. it never came. I now have 3 kids. I am living proof miracles happen xo
  • daisynsunshine
    Options
    Dear PCOS,
    The doctors said you would keep me from having a baby at age 16 when I was diagon. with anneroah, and even when I lost my first baby due to the hormone levels you still did not win! I learned my body and I have 5 babies now! But I don't appreciate the facial hair! The embrassement and knowing people see it if its not taken care of every freaking day! Also it hurts deep inside when prople see the fat on my back and the skin tags and ask if my babies are my really my grandchildren! Just as I have beat you b4 I will lose this weight slowly but surely and this time its not coming back! Oh and one more thing leave my cousin Brigette alone she wants a baby!
  • newCourtney
    newCourtney Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Guys forgive me if someone has mentioned this already but I havent read it all yet BUT

I have just started taking a new herbal medicine that everyone with PCOS raves about (have a look at soulcysters) its expensive as all hell but apparently helps LOADS of women with weight loss and all the other nasty side effects (Its DCI D-Chiro-Inositol) I dont work for them I swear LOL I have not noticed rapid weightloss or even any reduction in the hair issues BUT I have had my period 2 months running which is big for me :-)
    Hopefully I will get my miricle and you will too! x

I was just wondering about this. I read some information about it on the internet. I have read that you can get the DCI from chickpeas and buckwheat farinetta. Foods like grapefruit also have it (but not a significant levels). Anyway, do you think the supplement is worth trying? Where do you get your supplement? Thanks!
  • daisylovespink
    daisylovespink Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    After reading about some you cysters having success with the inosotil (spelling?) supplement I did some research and actually found 2 peer reviewed medical studies that link the inosotil defficiency with insulin resistance in PCOS women. I found the powder at GNC, it runs $69 for a 3 month supply but if you're a gold member you get 20% off the first week of every month so it only cost me $56. From what I've read it takes a while to notice a difference after you start taking it but I'll keep you ladies updated. My husband and I are planning to live child free so I'm more interested in relieving the other symptoms. You know little things like my pizza face at age 30, my beard, oh and the lovely spare tire that goes so well with all of my outfits. My best friend is a cyster (she is one of the "lucky" cysters who is model skinny, b*tch :wink: ) and they are actively trying but haven't resulted to clomid yet (she is on metformin though) and I forwarded her the info and she is looking into taking it so if they have success I'll let you know as well.
  • Kelly_1981
    Options
    dear PCOS,
    You are truly a DISEASE to women that are GOOD women that want the best for their lives.
    My personal experience goes like this gals.....
    I have never told anyone this....not even my own beloved husband.....but here we go:
    My story starts out as a regular normal child. My Birth father passed away when I was 14 . He unfortunately did not overcome the absolute horror of being diagnosed with a brain tumor. I was born april 2nd @ 8 :00 am. and my Father was diagnosed exactly 24 hours later. He was given 6 months to live.......and He actually lived until i was the ripe age of 14. I feel blessed that I was lucky enough to have my dad for that long...because i know that alot of people do not get this priveledge in life.
    He was just like me...Loved people no matter how mean and unloving they were to you.....but you still were always there for them....no matter what.
    He was always Non judgemental.
    I live my life like that always now. I know my father's death has nothing to do with my PCOS......but I would like to happily think that the HARD work i've bee n doing is for the greatest cause ever. FAMILY.

WOW Thanks for sharing and I am glad that you got to spend some time with your father x