Senior Golden Sneakers Club For May

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Hi Gayla, We been out in the garden today. I pick all of my onions and clean them and will cut them up and feeze them for soups later on. I went to our old challenge and been reading some of our old post. What a bunch of wimpes we were. All three of us had back problems and a numbers of other ailments. We should have called it the Sick Call Challenge. I don't recalled us taking about our weight much.

thanks for the information. JaneAusten done pretty well then. good for you JaneAusten. I like your name.
    I try to go to those site to see your country but I guess I didn' do it right. Will try again later.

Hi to all the rest of you. Have a good weekend. The sun is out today and oh so nice.

Marie
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Marie----the cat looking out of the RV is Haifa. He is 14 years old. We found him as a tiny kitten abandoned at a highway rest stop when he was only a few weeks old. He loves to sleep on the dash and look out the window when we are parked at an RV park. All the animals are doing well. today we took the dogs to play with my friend's three dogs at a fenced school yard. Bernie, the other cat likes to sleep all day and then run around in the middle of the night. I don't know if my friends liked the hummus but we did.:bigsmile:

JaneAusten----I know that a kilo is a lot more than a pound so I am very impressed with your weight loss. Stick with this group and your plan and those kilos will be dropping off. I ,too, look forward to learning more about your life in Norway.

Sandy----it's always good to hear about the adventures of your family.:bigsmile:

Gayla
    happy holiday weekend---what good news about Neil's foot

We're leaving in a few minutes to go to our son's house for a barbecue. We're bringing chicken breasts to bbq (hot dogs for the kids) and the makings of salad and broiled vegetables to share with the family. We told them that we won't go to restaurants but we'll bring dinner to them.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, especially those of you with three day holiday weekends.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Big hugs to all :heart: :love: :heart: :love:
    Barbie
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    It's Monday! Up and at em!

I hope everyone had a good weekend! We had a heavy frost/freeze last night. I had to cover the garden and all the plants! I was going to freeze some of my vegetables from the garden but I wanted them to grow first! LOL I am now washing all the stuff that I used to cover everything up with. The poor washer and dryer will be tired! We had a busy weekend but fairly quiet. We went out Friday with some friends for dinner and ice cream. It had been long time since we had been out for ice cream and it was good!
    I have been getting a little piano time in and that has been relaxing. Just doing the normal stuff trying to hold my end up here at the house!

Marie- sounds like you are doing well. Keep the faith!

Beth- good to hear from you! The job search is going weak at best. Just nothing to appy to, I may to think about changing my search and go national instead of regional. But I am optimistic (to a fault) that I will find something decent. How about you? And our troops? My issues are nothing by compairison.

Jane- Nice to have you here. Great for you on the weight loss! It is always fun when others notice. But the real benefit is all for you! Keep up the good work!

Barbie- Keep a going! Sounds like you are enjoying yourself!

Gayla- Glad to hear that there is a little light shining through for Neil and you!

Sandy- Enjoy the trip!

Elli- sounds like progress is being made! It will all be worth it when it is done! I still miss the dead cow.

Phoebe, BG, and the rest- Have a wonderful day!

Back to being a "house husband"!

Jeffrey
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hey guys the week end is over. where are you guys?

I had gained 5 lbs since my surgery last week and just like magic if came off this morning. so my ticker is on the button once again. I am so glad. I have stuck with the low carb diet, but this week I will measure everything till I get it down a lot better.

Hoping yo hear from you guys as the day wear on.
    Marie
  • elli
    elli Posts: 593
    Options
    hi everyone - sorry i didn't check in all weekend. Just been crazy:tongue: Friday night i went to a wedding - of all things it was a night time wedding with the only food being DESERTS. And TONS of them AND a chocolate fountain. OY! Talk about temptation! I did ok - i had a piece of cake and 2 chocolate covered strawberries. Saturday was my birthday - i went to the gym first thing, then came home and worked in the house - finished stripping the bathroom window and got all the carpet and pad up from 2 rooms. I was in the house using an ice scraper and a shovel. Walked the dogs, then my kids took me out to eat. All in all i ate way too much over the weekend i guess 'cause i gained 2 pounds. Yesterday i worked in the yard all day, mowing, weed eating and getting the garden in.......

Jeffrey - don't worry, the dogs and coyotes are working on digging up the dead cow! Talk about stinky GROSS:sick: WOW - you're still having freezes???? We're supposed to be up in the 90s today and tomorrow. Then back down to 70s the rest of the week.

Beth - really good to hear from you. You must be exhausted! I know i haven't "known" you for very long but i'm about ready for your deployment to be over too!:laugh: Today my son has 12 weeks left. They're scheduled to leave Kuwait on Aug 10.

Sandy - Bryanna must be QUITE the little dancer. It must be such a joy to watch her!

Barbie and Jake - you guys are doing so great AND having good influence on others. I love the day you spent with your WW friend! NO FOOD! Way to go!

Marie - glad you lost your 5 pounds. I'm glad you didn't change your sticker. I haven't changed mine either - hopefully i'll lose my "found" 2 pounds.

Gayla - that's awesome that Neil's foot seems to be healing!:drinker: What a relief that will be if it really gets WELL!

Today i'm meeting with a broker about a business for sale that i'm a little interested in.........like i don't have ENOUGH going on!:laugh:

Love you guys. talk to you soon i hope
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :sad: :noway: :sad: :noway: :sad: :noway: :sad: :noway: :sad: :noway: :sad: :noway:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLI. DON'T WORRY ABOUT THOSE 2 LBS.
    YOU WILL GET THEM OFF..
    GLAD YOUR SON IS DUE HOME IN AUGUST. i BET HIS WIFE IS TOO.

HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY WEEK.

lOVE, MARIE
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,089 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Don't you just hate it when you are so busy all weekend that you didn't get anything else done? :laugh:
    It was fun though and I am very proud of my granddaughter.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    Happy Belated Birthday Elli!! You are entitiled to gain those two pounds which will come right off once you get back on track. :bigsmile: Hope you had a wonderful day!!

Marie, how thrilled you must be to have lost those 5 pounds. Whoever told you that you might have gained from the test was probably right. You just keep taking it easy though, you have another test on Friday. :heart:

Jeffrey, our weather is terrible, that is why I always wait until the end of May to plant my flowers. I did it eearly one year and lost a lot of them, so I learned a lesson. :noway: Continued prayers are with you
    on your job hunt. :smile:

I have a lot of computer catching up to do, plus I went to the doctor with my hubby and still have to exercise. I will be back later, just wanted to check in.

Sandy
  • BIGGRAMMA
    BIGGRAMMA Posts: 2,273
    Options
    Good afternoon from very hot California......We had record breaking heat yesterday..106..today is cooler 96 at 11:30am......which by the sun is only 10:30.....The air quality is very very bad and my lungs can sure tell it....so I do not plan to go out today except to walk to the mail box....

Good job Marie on losing that 5 pounds....But please continue to take it easy....

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and that your week is starting out well.:flowerforyou:
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi Gayla, We been out in the garden today. I pick all of my onions and clean them and will cut them up and feeze them for soups later on. I went to our old challenge and been reading some of our old post. What a bunch of wimpes we were. All three of us had back problems and a numbers of other ailments. We should have called it the Sick Call Challenge. I don't recalled us taking about our weight much.

Marie

Hi Marie -- Hard to imagine having produce already!! Just wanted to comment about the Challenge board. I think we avoided the weight topic as we were just dealing with life as it was and for whatever reason other things seemed to take priority! Odd that you mentioned the back problems, yesterday my back issues reared their ugly head. I seemed to stir up the old injury while out doing yard work. It has been excrutiatingly painful since yesterday afternoon. Yeah for muscle relaxants that do take the edge off it. This will be my only post about the back pain as I plan to do my best to ignore it. I do hope to get in to see the Dr. tomorrow and get a referral to physio. Good girl on the weight loss!! You are doing awesome.
  • Lafla
    Lafla Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Hi to all the rest of you hard workers. It sounds like you have all been very busy!! We had a gorgeous weekend, perfect weather for working in the yard. I got all my plantars and raised gardens and some of the shrub beds cleaned out and ready for new plants. We, too, have cool weather today and I will wait a few days to plant, maybe even more. There is a threat of flurries again. I really feel the odd man out as you are all so committed to your food and exercise plans. I know I will get there but am severly frustrated with myself at the moment. Don't give up on me though!! I do have to get some dinner in the oven so will get at that.
    Take care and keep smiling. Gayla :wink:
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Dont get frustrated Gayla, we have all been there. With a back problem and dealing with Neil's foot, you have enough on your plate. :ohwell: Just keep coming here and talk to us and we will keep encouraging you. :flowerforyou: I just heard that we will have near 80 degree weather the next few days and I am excited. :bigsmile: Next week I will start planting and hope it stays warm enough to sit on the patio, have a glass of wine and enjoy my fountain. :happy:

I did exercise for an hour today to make up for the weekend. :angry: Had some roast beef for dinner with green beans and a salad. I still have a lot of calories left so I will be able to have a treat later, maybe even a scoop of ice cream. I do like the hummus that I bought and like to use it as a dip for my wheat crackers.

BGamma, you be careful with that heat. California is really hot, my step daughter has a pool and she loves this time of year. She also has severe allergies so I hope the two of you will use common sense and only go out if you have too. I don't want anything to happen to you my friend. :heart:

New week, new adventures, stay positive, enjoy life and love everyone.

Sandy
  • jeffrey71
    jeffrey71 Posts: 432
    Options
    Good Evening Everyone!

I hope you all had a great Monday. My weight is holding at 197 but I have lost another inch around the waist! Down to a 32 from a 42. I am smiling large now. That was one of my impossible goals met! I have to do a body fat percentage check this week too, so I will learn what is left to go. I don't know if I want to know the results.

Gayla- Don't get down! It has been a terrible struggle for me, really it has. And I do not have a fraction going on in my life when compared to you! I have the utmost respect and regard for your efforts. Not just on the weight loss but on life! You are doing the right thing with your life. Very few can say that. A pound here and there, up or down, will never detract from your image in my eyes. Know that all of us here share in concern for each other, pounds up or down, it doesn't matter. I wish I had your dedication to task. You are person that inspires by just being yourself! I am impressed no matter what!
    Now for your back, when you get time and opportunity. Try a little yoga. My back issues have all but disappeared since I have taken it up. I would suggest a focus on proper stretching, such as "cobra", "cat", "downward dog", and "upward dog" to begin with. You can find these on line by just searching google. Let me know if I can offer any assistance.

BG- Stay cool! LOL send that heat to me! I love it!

Sandy- When I read your post, I feel lazy! I hope your husband is ok.

Marie- Don't overdo it! Stay on the veggies and fruit! and Calcium! All things in moderation!

Have a great evening!

Jeffrey
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Gayla,, these old back pain just wont go way. I thought when i get thru all of this I will see what the doctor think about getting those shots again. I do need to go in and get a shot into my hands for this trigger finger I have, I had one on the other hand a couple years ago IN fact this is my third one, The one I have now is getting more painful every day.---Wonder where our Phoebe is?? working hard I guess.

Sandy-- you are such a sweetheart you know just the right words to day. I am proud of your grandaughter too,

Jeffrey. glad to hear from you. Got that garden all planted. We hae small tomatoes on our plants and a couple hot peppers getting pretty good size. And the squash is blooming Hey you are below the 200 mark. What a great feeling. So proud of you.

I have been walking a couple times a day with Sammy. He loves to chase the birds and squirrels. Or cats. Mostly Caliecat. I know Our neighbors think he is going to kill her, but they have been playing like that for 4 years now and has never hurt her.They get to playing in the house,

They are still remodeling the house behind us,. And may buy the old house across the street from us and remodel it too. Its been vacant for 28 years. And then there is an old house beside of us empty and need to be repair or something. Don't know what the grandkids going to do with it. Its been vacant for 1 year.

Jerry is having another yard sale, He was surpose to have it last Friday but it pour down rain and he has to be at the hospital with me this Friday. so I guess he will have it The friday after this. If the Doc don't decide to do the other leg then.

Alice and Jim take off on there cruise this next Thurday. She will keep in touch with us thru the cell phone.

Chat with you guys tomorrow.

Marie
  • ellens292
    ellens292 Posts: 176
    Options
    Hi, Everybody,
    Here we are at my son's in California, and boy, is it hot. A record breaker yesterday in Stockton.
    No idea how I'm doing weight wise, have to see when I get home. Hopefully the damage won't be toooo bad.
    Hope it cools off a bit here soon. Wonderful to see the Grandkids. Not sure who is more excited, us or them.
    Read most of your posts, great to hear how you are all doing. Glad you came through your tests OK Marie and lost all that weight too.
    Keep up the good work all, talk to you soon
    Ellen:heart::heart: :heart:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Ellen, so glad to hear from you., Sorry it is so hot in Calif. We had a nice pleasant day here in Teexas. In fact had to wear a light jacket yesterday morning. I have been thinking about you wondering when you will get back home. Keep us posted

Marie:flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

It's not hot everywhere in California. We're in Eureka where it is 51 degrees and drizzling. It may get up to 63 before the day is over. I'm glad I packed my wool socks, long pants, and warm jackets.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

All is well. I'll try to find time to write more later.

Big hugs to all,:heart:
    Barbie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    It is the best day of the year so far, near 80 degrees and tomorrow the same. I plan on laying in the sun tomorrow to work on my tan. :laugh:

Played some gin with my friends at the Country Club today and then had lunch. I had salmon and rice so I was good. :tongue:

I am now on facebook because my daughter said it is the in thing to do, so I want to be in with the young people, I don't want to be old. :laugh:

Even though I am older than the in crowd, I think we seniors or close to be seniors take better care of ourselves with our diet and exercise, so we are to be congratulated. :flowerforyou:

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying life to it's fullest.

Sandy
  • pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA
    pjsatticPhoebeWaleskaGA Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    hi all..watching a movie tonight. got home last night. i will talk to you tomorrow when i turn on the pc. hi marie! love ya
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi Phoebe, Been wondering about you. Seems like you have been gone a long time this go around. Glad to see you back. Do you have Jim working on the house now? Our little garden is coming along fine. I planted some small tomatoes seeds that are surpose to be as sweet as strawberries. I planted these just the other day. We have lots of litlle tomatoes on our other plants. squash is a blooming, My stevia Plant is growing. Even a couple trees We found along the side of the road on our walks We planted in buckets and they are doing great. Don't know what they are but the bigger ones around them haad a real pretty shape to it.

Our neighberhood was full of policemen yesterday. Don't know what was going on. But there was 4 police cars in the alley across the street from us and one or two ciculing around our block for awhile. Like they were looking for someone.

Hello all the rest of you. today is grocer buying day. I need some fresh berries and some more frozen chicken breast. I had fish twice this week and some steak wrapped in bacon a couple times. And a fruit and a vegeatables at every meal. I usally have a nice salad at lunch. Bacon and eggs for breakfast/ No toast. I am leaving off all bread products, potayoes all starchie foods.. However I will have a half of peanut butter sandwich tomorrow night for Surgery Friday morning. That's what the nurse said to do.. It will throw me out of quake but I will not let it get me off track to much. I like this way of eating. Low carbs.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.
    Love ya Marie
  • Sandydur
    Options
    Just wanted to say hi and check in with all my friends. It is another beautiful day here and even though it isn't good for me, I am going to go out and sit in the sun for a while. :glasses:

I did my exercise, 30 minutes of elliptical and 30 minutes stationary bike, gained 250 calories. :happy:

Hope everyone is doing well and keeps coming back. :wink:

Have a good day.
    Sandy