Have you met anyone famous?

Options

Replies

• StephanieDJL
    StephanieDJL Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @PrettyLittleK - so jealous you've met One Direction! Are they nice?

I've met Bowling For Soup, Half of McFly & Gok Wan (think that's it!)
  • feagindm
    feagindm Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    *Emmitt Smith - when he played for the Gators
    *Rob Lowe (in an elevator in Canada)
    *A few of the Miami Dolphins during a fundraiser
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    I've met Penn & Teller and Crispin Glover

Oh and Ed Tudor Pole (presented the Crystal Maze after Richard O'Brien) but that wasn't because I wanted to :tongue:
  • karleen
    karleen Posts: 260
    Options
    i used to work in a whole foods on beacon hill in boston..any time any celebrities were in town filming [boston is like mini LA now i suppose] id end up meeting them..

i rang in christopher walkens groceries once. manny rameriz came in constantly when he was still playing for the sox.. rang in mark ruffalo from eternal sunshine of the spotless mind. cameron diaz came in once. giselle and tom brady were in on more than once occasion.

my friends cousin is also the singer in the band ok go.. theyre not ultra famous but they have that music video that was number 1 on youtube before lady gaga came around of the band doing a dance on a bunch of treadmills. so, ive met all of them numerous times even camped with them up in new hampshire a few summers ago!

i think thats it for 'famous' encounters!
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I waited on Aaron Tippin (country singer) when I worked in a truckstop in back in the 90's.
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    1. TONS of MMA fighters. (I'm a huge MMA fan. I've travelled to quite a few UFC and other MMA shows all over the country and have met and gotten pictures with dozens of different MMA fighters.)

2. Quite a few musicians. Mark McGrath of Sugar Ray, members of NOFX, Rancid, Bad Religion, Social Distortion, Less than Jake, etc.

3. Tom Green. (He was just standing outside a gas station in my hometown. I later found out that he was traveling with a skateboard team that was doing a demo in town.)
  • ataripirate
    ataripirate Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lou Ferrigno
    Mickey Gilley
    Johnny Lee
    Mo Bandy
    Yakov Smirnov
    Mick Foley
    Several other big name Pro Wrestlers
    Barry Williams
    Elvira
    Otis Day and the nights
    louise harrison (geroge's sister)
    oak ridge boys

those are the ones I remember, might be some other band members over the years
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Jim Caviezel.

Oh, and my cousin is (was) Rue McClanahan. I hung out with her while she was in the hospital in New York. She said Betty (as in, Betty WHITE) came by shortly after. We just missed her... :(

JEALOUS! I am a MAJOR GG fan! Rue was awesome!!!!

Me too....loved that show and Rue was fabulous!
  • BattyMama
    BattyMama Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Well I shot Kyle Chandler a few times when I was working as a ref at the Paintball Field. he gave me a $200 tip so there must not have been any hard feelings.:happy:
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Carlos Mencia
  • BrownEyedBetty
    BrownEyedBetty Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Mr. Obama himself before he became prez : )
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Mick Foley (pro wrestler)
    Richard O'Brien (crystal maze/rocky horror show)
    Will Carling (former England rugby player)
    All of Slayer

And a whole bunch of guys from fairly underground bands but I don't know if they class as famous or just cool - Bloodduster/TheDayEverythingBecameNothing, Engorged, Municipal Waste, Impaled, Ghoul, Evile, Gama Bomb, General Surgery, Korpiklaani...plus any of the bands that ever slept in my living room when we were still booking bands!
  • JSMSDSAS05
    JSMSDSAS05 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    *No Authority (Most probably don't know who they are, but I saw one girl on here who does :-) )

WOW, ur rite, most people don't know who they are! Where r u from?

I met them too! they did a little show at a mall here ... I loooooooooved Danny and Eric! they went to eat at a local restaurant afterward and my friend's mom took us over there so we could be middle school creepers. It was great :)

Can I get your number bay-bay?? Hit me with the seven digits! :) hahaha

They were AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I loved them. Tons of pics with them, hung out alot.
  • ashreneeknutson
    Options
    Cool topic! Lol.
    I've met Kevin Fowler and Charlie Robinson.
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    I've met

Alan Fletcher (Dr Karl from Neighbours!)
    Matt Tebbutt (British chef/food programme host)
    Matthew Fort (British food writer)
    Aktar Islam (his restaurant won Gordon Ramsay's Best Restaurant so he's kind of famous! lol)

The first 3 I also have their autographs :laugh:
  • meghan8000
    Options
    I met the entire cast of Hannah Montana except for Billy Ray, lol. My step daughter got a wish from the make a wish foundation and her wish was to meet Miley Cyrus, and the rest of the cast was there as well. Jason Earles, who played Miley's brother was super nice, but that Emily Osment girl who played Lilly was a BRAT! She kept rolling her eyes at the kids and acting like she had better places to be. Excuse me! Most of these kids wont live to see the age of 30 and you don't have the time to spend 2 hours with them? Sorry, it just made me mad, lol.
  • greasygriddle_wechnage
    Options
    i worked at a pretty popular restaurant by the Mayo Clinic and waited on;

waylon jennings (*kitten*) and jesse colter (nice) both CHEAP
    dudley moore (drunk)
    paul harvey (old and nice)
    dear abbey (ego ego)
    billy graham
    and all time fav evander holyfield (he was an *kitten*) wife was a SWEETHEART!
  • ClarkMer
    ClarkMer Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I work at the Pittsburgh Penguins arena, so I have met the whole team. Mario Lemieux and Sidney Crosby are probably the most famous, except last year we had Mike Comrie, who is famous for being married to Hillary Duff (however, I never met her). We get a lot of concerts as well, in passing I saw Larry the Cable Guy, Paul Mccartney, Joey McIntyre, and Lady Gaga, but I did not have a chance to actually talk to any of them, their security is too tight to get very close (especially Mccartney, you can't even walk passed him unless he turns his back to you)
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    All the members of Fall Out Boy & Ashley Simpson (aftershows)

George Clooney & Renee Zellweger (Parts of the movie Leatherheads was filmed literally 4 doors down from where I work)
  • spaniel
    spaniel Posts: 468
    Options
    Joe Theisman
    Queen Noor
    Ann Margaret/Roger Smith
    Clint Eastwood
    Joe DiMaggio
    Al Gore
    Regis Philbin
    All the original Star Trek cast
    Trisha Yearwood