Coffee????

Options

Replies

• itsthephils22
    Options
    i'm with you, sister. So, as weird and anal as this sounds, I take a mesausring spoon with me to the Wawa every morning when I get my coffee so i only put the correct serving size of the creamer in. So, for a regular coffee with two Splendas and 1.5 tablespoons of creamer, i've got my coffee down to a 3-point (on Weight Watchers) science. I'd also suggest, if your go-to coffee bar isn't do-it-yourself, you find one that is so you control your perfect coffee blend.
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Stevia instead of sugar?

Some people can do it. I am not one. But it is sweet.

The key to Stevia is the amount used. It's incredibly sweet, so much more so than any other sugar or artificial sugar. I use it in my coffee (1/2 extra strong coffee and 1/2 fat free milk), and I literally dip a fingertip into my spice-size bottle of stevia and dust it off into my coffee. Anything else is too much. That little bit alone takes just enough of the bitter edge off the coffee. The stuff is potent. You have to use an insanely small amount or you will get that nasty Stevia over-sweet taste.
  • vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I switched to just splenda no creamer. I have to use more splenda but it really cut the calories. Admittedly, it took a day or two to get use to but now I am fine. Personally, creamer to me is not worth the additional calories.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I still drink my coffee -- it hasnt effected me -- I use skim milk and splenda -- drank black for a while -- it's actually good after you get used to it. Don't use creamer -- you dont need it
  • jschneider
    jschneider Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I used to use flavored hazelnut cream in my coffee...I switched to hazelnut coffee with a few splenda and fat free milk...It works for me :)
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I have tried several ways to cut the creamer out of my diet, and I have been successful for short periods of time with alternatives such as almond milk, or splenda and almond milk, but it never lasts because I miss my good ole creamer so I go back to it. I have 3 tbsp of creamer in my coffee every morning, and I'm okay with that because I make room for it. Someday I hope I can cut it out of my diet completely but right now I just enjoy it too much and I've already limited so many other things, that this is what I still need for me.
  • alyssaguirguis
    Options
    You can buy sugar free syrups to flavor coffee yourself at home. I bought one at target that has zero calories (vanilla flavored). I use that with skim or 1% milk...I know it's calories in the milk but I need the protein and calcium anyway.
  • cherridawnn
    Options
    I'm a coffee addict, too!! What I'm doing, and I sure hope it works, is to decrease the creamer and sugar slowly. My thinking is that I'll feel the change "less" and become accustomed to it more easily!!

Good luck... and please let me know if you find another workable method:wink: d!!!!

I think it does.

Also, I am a very heavy coffee drinker. I make my first cup with a little flavored creamer and one packet of Splenda......each time I warm up my coffee, I don't add anything. My last cup is usually black. I still get the flavor at first, so I don't feel deprived. If I made them all like the first, it would rack up fast!!
  • jsjaclark
    jsjaclark Posts: 303
    Options
    I have one cup of coffee a day. I use 2 Truvia and 2% milk in mine. If you like the flavored creamers, you may try to use flavored coffee instead (I like hazelnut and vanilla). But like others have said, if you make sure that you measure the creamer and if it fits in your calories, then no reason to give it up.
  • kwinty37
    Options
    You can have my coffee....when I'm dead! Somethings you just don't have to give up....sex and coffee are two!

AGREE!!!
  • danascot
    danascot Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I use splenda and sugar free peppermint Mocha...what am i gonna do when i can't find it anymore!!! I stocked up...dang holiday flavors! lol

I think that the peppermint mocha flavor is now available all year long! At least that's what it says on the bottle I have at home - from Coffee-Mate, right? I love that stuff. I just limit myself to one cup of coffee with the serving suggested and 2 packets of splenda - it's what gets me out of bed most mornings!!
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I use splenda and sugar-free creamer in mine. I've found the sugar free creamer is sweet enough sometimes that I may not even have to use a splenda, but I don't see the harm in either.
  • MegMilleratc
    Options
    " Some things you don't have to give up, sex and coffee are two"

I couldn't agree more!
  • callikia
    callikia Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You can have my coffee....when I'm dead! Somethings you just don't have to give up....sex and coffee are two!

Amen!

The only "limit" I make is limiting myself to my 2 morning cups (unless it's a special day or I want a special treat). And I'ma have it how I like it and make it work.
  • conk821
    Options
    hey, just cut it out and get used to it.. It works..:smile:
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I don't se the problem. Splenda has no calories and creamer has no carbs. Although if you drank better coffee you wouldn't need that artificially flavored garbage.
  • mlemonroe2
    Options
    I do 1/2 teaspoon raw sugar and a little 2% milk ( i do skim when not pregnant) I use flavored coffee instead of flavored creamer. Hazelnut decaf, yum! (although I wish it wasn't decaf!)
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    I always measure my flavoured creamer. But when I use it, I find it sweetens the coffee enough, so I don't use Splenda.
    If I don't have a flavoured creamer, I have my coffee with Splenda and 2% evaporated milk. It's creamier than regular milk, but lower in fat and calories than cream (and flavoured creamers).
    There is also flavoured Splenda made just for coffee...maybe you could try that with evap. milk?
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Just measure your creamer and limit yourself. 2 TBS of fat free hazlenut is only 50 cal. I put that in my first mug, then I just add black coffee to it as I drink it up. You don't have to give up anything you like. It is silly to punish yourself.

This!

The important thing is to measure exactly how much cream/milk/flavor/etc you put into your coffee. When I want to be serious, I use Splenda and 1% milk in my coffee. But normally I use sugar and half and half because the number of calories is tiny compared to other things I eat and the pleasure I get from drinking my coffee. My schedule's so hectic in the morning, sometimes coffee is all the breakfast I get.

Try putting cinnamon or nutmeg in your coffee for a carb-free healthy flavoring too.

**Flavored coffee beans don't have added sugar either! Then you won't need flavored creamer.
  • Claddaghdawn
    Options
    I was the same way with my coffee. I have now using NO sweetner and only cream (1/2 and 1/2). I am a coffee addict and can not give it up. So instead I took out the sweetness. Now 1 year later I can not even stand the sweetners in my coffee. Good luck.