Not Getting Hit on at the Gym

Options

Replies

• christinajohnson
    christinajohnson Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Never been hit on. Also, I'm from a small town and it's generally awkward at the gym, being that I run into old high school teachers and people I graduated with and haven't seen in years. I think I appear stand-offish. I claim gym time as my time (to de-stress, think, gnaw on problems I'm having, etc), so I say my hellos and how-are-yous in the locker room and immediately put in my earbuds to workout.
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    I go to a military base gym and i have been told i look like i'm gonna kick *kitten* most of the time (i'm told constantly i'm intimidating) so no i don't get hit on but i do get the creeper guys looking at me haha but i figure that's because they wish they were as awesome as i am at the gym (i can do cardio for hours) !!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I've seen a LOT of girls on here complain about getting hit on at the gym and how annoying it is. They say gross sweaty guys come up and say stuff to them and all that, and no doubt that would be annoying.

But, am I the only one that doesn't get hit on at the gym? I've had a random person come up once or twice and say something to me....but that's like once or twice ever in my life. People stare, and that's definitely annoying, and I'd be peeved if someone interrupted my workout to hit on me too, so I'm not complaining, I guess I just don't have this problem! No one talks to me haha.

Anyway, thought it was wierd, seems to happen to everyone else!
    If you were at my gym, I'd definitely flirt with you.:wink:

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • HolleeERL
    HolleeERL Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    NOpe! Never...and I've never seen it happen either.
  • lmtrevin77
    lmtrevin77 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I thought I was being hit on once, but it turned out that the guy was trying to sell me personal training sessions. Oops.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I don't get hit on at the gym either... apparently people are there to work out. pfft, go figure. :ohwell:
  • glasielady
    glasielady Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    At my age if someone hit on me I'd fall out laughing becasue I know they would have to be joking. :laugh:
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    I never get hit on either I try my hardest. I throw on the tightest pair of spandex I have and strut my stuff all through the gym. Sometimes I even get a little bit or lifting in but usually you can just find me near the squat machine putting out the vibe.
  • infosynth
    infosynth Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thinks getting hit on for one's looks is awfully shallow? Aren't you the least offended that the only reason the person--who doesn't even know you--comes over is to check you out? Please.

I don't find it flattering at all. A friendly, on-topic conversation to break the ice? Sure. Some intellectually stimulating conversation? Sure. If I'm not impressed by a person's internal traits, I'm not interested.
  • dibdobw
    dibdobw Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I don't get hit on either thank God. I keep head phones on at all time so I can concentrate. I'm afraid I don't go for the social life!
  • Stevebone42
    Options
    Do you go to an all female gym? Although that wouldn't stop some.
    I'd hit on ya for sure!!! lol! Don't worry, it definitely isn't you, it's them.:tongue:
  • skybaby6
    Options
    OMG!! i about died just now-- thanks for the GREAT visual hahaha!!!! too funny--- better u than me =)
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I stink too much and sweat like a ****in pig people give me at least 3ft of space....I'm cool with that :D
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    I've not been hit on at the gym, either. Unless you count the older lady who put on goggles & ducked under when it was just the 2 of us in the hot tub. Not one of my favorite gym moments.

OMG this made my literally LOL!

Me...No I never do but I cant compete with all the girls who come with a full face of makeup and barely there clothes :smile:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    If you are in the cardio section, everyone has a TV and earphones, if you are in the weight section you interact more.
  • ttrussel
    ttrussel Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I don't actually go to the gym but my friend does. She's 42 and complains about ALWAYS getting hit on by either the 20'ish young men or the 60'ish old guys only there for rehab!

Bwahahahaha
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    umm ya, hasn't happened to me, and i sure hope it never does... I'm happily married. But there have been times when random people would start a conversation, I keep it short and then leave. I don't need to give out the wrong message. I usually don't wear my ring cause it's loose on me and I'm afraid to lose it. Happened once and luckily I found it before I left!!
  • monicanicoletta
    monicanicoletta Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I never got hit on, just guys staring constantly and never feeling totally comfortable. now i go to an all womens gym so i can workout looking like a hot mess if i have to and not care :)
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    I suspect most girls think they're being hit on at the gym when really the guy's asking her if she'll be done with the machine soon or something similar.

LOVE.
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I got hit on once and ended up going on a couple dates with a guy from the gym... He was tall, REALLY REALLY buff, and he has been at the gym for years (small town gym, I've been there for years too) and his opening line was about how he wanted tips from ME on working out. It was sweet, but he obviously needs no tips from little old (slightly overweight) me.

We didn't end up dating long, but it made it weird going back because we had SO little in common and I think he liked me a bit more than I liked him. It was flattering though!

Also, didn't happen prior to that, hasn't happened since so I doubt I'm really "one of those people" who gets hit on either LOL