If you're still drinking soda....

Options

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I love how this is a site full of people who are here because we've had problems losing weight-and a lot of it has to do with the food we were eating and the exercise we weren't doing...

....and so many people are passing judgement as if they don't eat or drink anything that is unhealthy and potentially "dangerous".
  • samantha64118
    Options
    I love how this is a site full of people who are here because we've had problems losing weight-and a lot of it has to do with the food we were eating and the exercise we weren't doing...

....and so many people are passing judgement as if they don't eat or drink anything that is unhealthy and potentially "dangerous".

Could not have said it better myself!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options

:drinker:
  • michellebelle1
    michellebelle1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I miss Diet Dr. Pepper so bad.... I gave it up not for weight loss or acid reasons, but because my dentist said it was giving me cavities. I went from a perfect check up (the tech said the only cleaner teeth she'd seen were other dental hygienists' teeth) to 5(!!!) cavities six months later after starting to drink Diet DP as a calorie free snack. Apparently I have "weak enamel"...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    It will dissolve corrosion on your car battery.

You know what works great for that? Baking soda. You know... the stuff in a lot of toothpastes. :wink:
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yuck! It's hard to believe that this stuff is sold to children in schools!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options

Agreed!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options

Again, greatest statement ever made.
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOD we must stop this too: http://www.netreach.net/~rjones/no_dhmo.html

Dihydrogen monoxide:

* is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain.
    * contributes to the "greenhouse effect."
    * may cause severe burns.
    * contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape.
    * accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals.
    * may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
    * has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.
  • stffunny
    stffunny Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The sweetners in a diet soda are "known" for causing cancer and the weight is worse too even though there are no calories there are still other things in it that you may as well stick to regular also, I have acid reflux pop makes you feel awful and fatigued and sick to your stomach more...even if you don't have acid reflux...it's just bad and I love diet pepsi but I have seriously toned it down and feel sooo much better and more energized!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    If you dissect every ingredient in every single thing you will not be able to eat anything. Or use things like toothpaste or shampoo. Ketchup cleans copper better than any cleaner I have seen (worked in a brass/fine metals store for a long time). Its the acid in the tomatoes. All natural tomatoes, no harm there.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Sigh....then don't drink it. So are you only going to give up pop, or EVERYTHING that's bad for you. Good luck with that.
  • traceracer
    traceracer Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Dihydrogen monoxide:

* may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes.
    I completely agree....lmao
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Dihydrogen monoxide:

It even looks evil:

500px-water_molecule_3d.png
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    How can you say you care about your health when your putting things into your body that is very detrimental??

By that logic I could say "Hey, your profile picture is a cake. How can you say you care about your health when you're [note the spelling byw] putting things into your body that that are very detrimental?"

I didn't put that in my body. I made it for a potluck for work. I did not eat a crumb of it. I will bake what others want outside of my household because they are of no concern to me.

I posted the picture because of the christmas and winter season and no other reason.

And at least I can say that I cared enough about those sugar eaters that did eat the cake to make everything from scratch.

I care about my health and well being. I RARELY eat anything that is processed. I shop and eat what is local and in season and purchase my meat, eggs and dairy from local farmers where the animals are humanely raised (left to be free to roam and grass fed) and slaughtered humanely.

I gave up soda, even diet and natural sodas for good in 2010 and I think I have had one since then and it tasted absolutely awful, I found I wasn't missing a thing.

Yay, you win the best human being on the planet award!

So if you eat so perfectly, why are you here?
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Did you ever watch the Penn and Teller: Bull**** where they got a bunch of hippies to sign a petition banning dihydrogen monoxide? Good times indeed....especially when they found out what it was.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    as a kid, I licked the end of 9 volt batteries... I came out just fine.
    i eat batteries.
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    i eat batteries.

Haha "Stick your tongue on it and see if it's still good"
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Exactly. I recently re-tried it at work. OMG it hurt! LOL
    i eat batteries.

Haha "Stick your tongue on it and see if it's still good"