~May~ The Biggest Loser DVD/ Health Attack ( Newbies always

Options

Replies

• KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!!

Well I have been working out everyday but not doing so great on my food. I am not going over my calories or any where near close but not picking the best things to eat. I am working on changing that. Last night I went out to eat at chili's with a friend that i have not seen since High School. I did great by picking off the Guiltless Menu (Bufflo Chicken Sandwich meal) 380 calories and had water to drink. Well after sitting there for so long we decided to share a dessert. Well come to find out the dessert was 1250 calories!!! We did not eat it all but still crap! Yesterday was going to be my day off all exercise but after I ate that I came home and worked out lol.

Not sure what is going on with my body either. I had that weird spotting/bleeding in the beginning of the month and my period was supposed to be here friday and it is still not here! It has me a little worried.

Sandy- thanks for a great challenge this week!!! Glad that your ankle is doing better!

Well I hope that you lovely ladies have a great day!!!!
  • queenmina
    queenmina Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hey Girls!

I see some great progress! Keep it up.

Tabby - glad to know that you're trying the weighing everyday thing out. Just remember not to obsess or stress out. They're just numbers. HA! Numbers that help you keep track of your progress that is... :)

Connie, congrats on your RUN! WOOHOO!

Crystal, logging food really helps! Even when you go over your calorie count, it's always great to be mindful. :)

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyy, I just wanted to say Jjjjjjjjjeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I LOVE STAR TREK. And Spock. Live long and prosper women!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    There you are! I've been trying to find the latest post. I'm back from my trip (been back a week actually) and life has been crazy. Got back in the saddle yesterday so I've got some catching up to do.

Did BL Bootcamp (for the first time!) last night levels 1, 2, 3! Yowsa, kicked my patootie!

I'll ad more later. Hope you're all doing well! :drinker:
  • CrystalOKeefe
    CrystalOKeefe Posts: 326
    Options
    Sandy.... logging not so good, yesterday I was so sick I have no Idea..Today I been really busy outside. Havent eaten much though I am thinking of what to do for diner now though...
    I had a real bad headache and dizzy light headness yesterday. Today I just have a small headache.

Tommorrow is a new day and well start off better !!!
  • tabbyh25
    tabbyh25 Posts: 66
    Options
    Well I have been slacking off on the exercising the last few days. My knees are hurting really bad. i am going to the dr. on Thursday. So hopefully they can tell me what is wrong. I would love to start exercising everyday again.
  • tabbyh25
    Options
    bumpin
  • queenmina
    Options
    Hey girls!

I emotionally ate today. Like nobody's business kind of emotionally eating. HA! I had a cookie. And deep fried pork. And white rice. And milk with sugar! Good lordy lord. I estimated I ate about 2000 calories but it was probably more. Oh well... We win some...

I'll just start over tom and see if I can squeeze in some cardio tonight.

I'm actually thinking of going on a modified Atkin's diet from next week. This diet I'm doing is not working so good for me. My weight isn't really moving, even when I'm sticking to an acceptable calorie range. And the last time I did a low carb, it really worked for me. Plus, if I recall correctly, my sugar cravings were practically nonexistent.

Well, I'm not giving up!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

Mina, you hang in there! It's tough when the scale doesn't cooperate! Just be careful when eliminating whole food groups. I found out that when I was working out hard a few years ago, I was not able to handle a low carb diet, even though it had been very successful for me in the past. I think that my body needed carbs to burn. But, that was just my experience. Listen to your body, if you notice any fatigue or sluggishness, your body may be telling you the same thing mine was telling me. Again, that just my experience. :wink:

Tabby, I'm sorry to hear that you're still having knee pain. Hopefully the doc will have some advice for you.

Crystal, feel better soon!

Wildkat, welcome back!

Jenny, yoohooooo!!

Laura, yoohoo to youuu tooo!!

& to all the other ladies I missed ... YOooHOOOoooooooooo!!

Have a great day people! The weather is beautiful here today!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I jumped right back in on Monday and did BL Boot Camp levels 1, 2, and 3...OMG! :sad: Thank's Bob! :grumble: I could hardly walk yesterday and squatting today is painful. So last night I did nothing. Tonight I think I'll try it again even though I'm still sore, more stiff then anything I think.

I was also trying a low carb diet that I started on Sunday and although I eat fairly low carb anyway, this was extremely low and I felt like crap! So, I had cottage cheese and yummy berries today for snack and I feel so much better. I was wanting to see a big drop in weight too but decided I've managed to lose half of my goal in 4 months so I should be able to lose the rest by my birthday next year so what's the rush? Instead I want to enjoy my food, my life and exercise! It's a life change anyway, right? Not a temporary way of eating.

Good luck everyone! :drinker:
  • constancemwj
    constancemwj Posts: 290
    Options
    Hi ya all..
    Just checking in quick before I get besy again....Hope everyone is having a good day..and Crystal you start feeling better too. I hate being sick in the spring.... there's always just to much to do...

And I agree with sandi on the low carb diet, I tryed it once and it didn't last very long...I had no energy on it.....You just need to watch what type of carb you are eating......Stay away from the bad ones and pay more attention to the calories and exersice and the lbs will come off.....maybe slowly sometimes. but hang in there and don't give up......

well got to run
    and welcome back wildkat. one more week and I get to go on vacation YaaaaaaaaaaaaaHooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    connie
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Last chance workouts before tomorrow's weigh in!!!

I'm thinking.... Tae BO!! What about you guys??
  • CrystalOKeefe
    CrystalOKeefe Posts: 326
    Options
    Oh NO weigh ins tommorrow !!!! Argh !! I havent been doing good this week Ive been sick! But I feel good today But I will be outside most of today !! It is beautiful !!!

HUgs to you all !!!
  • queenmina
    Options
    Hey Gorgeous Gals!

Thanks for all the low carb tips. I'll be sure to watch out and listen to my body. I'm just sooooo annoyed my weight hasn't budged in MONTHS. I mean yeah one or two pound down, then one or two pounds up. I know I'm not doing something right even if I log all my calories and work out like mad. Oh well.

So I shall experimento. :)

I'm in the midst of my LAST CHANCE WORKOUT. I dragged my girlfriend to the gym so I could burn some extra calories on the treadmill. And now I'm going to do my P90X Day 11 - Yoga X!!! Yoga really kicks my butt but I'm slog through it. Yuck.

Thanks for being my diet buddies girls!!!

Love,
    Mina
  • queenmina
    Options
    What's everyone else doing for Last Chance Workout? How do y'all prep for weigh ins?
  • tabbyh25
    Options
    Well I went to the dr. and he said there is nothing wrong with me. So I am going to get a second opinion. I told I was in pain when he was messing with my knee and he said it is ok. I will just stick to my walking. Hopefully I can lose weight with only walking.
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Well I went to the dr. and he said there is nothing wrong with me. So I am going to get a second opinion. I told I was in pain when he was messing with my knee and he said it is ok. I will just stick to my walking. Hopefully I can lose weight with only walking.

Sure you can!! I'm sorry that the DR wasn't able to find something. But, if you start out slow, I"m sure you'll be able to do it!! Just really pay attention to your form & keep account of everything that you eat! We're here for you!! :drinker:
  • queenmina
    Options
    Tabby - Walking is a great place to start! Any movement is great place to start. It will clear your head! Just keep moving. :) And let us know how your doing. Take care!
  • sanifrey
    Options
    Hello Ladies!!

So, I didn't lose this week, but I'm sure it had alot to do with all the sodium I had yesterday! That taco seasoning has a TON!! I tried to flush it out, but it didn't work in time! Hopefully it'll work out in the next couple of days & I'll have a successful weigh in next week!!

Great job to all our Big Losers this week & to those of us that are just hanging in there & are determined to make this thing work!!

Have a great day!!
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I did not lose this week but hey I did not gain either!! I am kind of in a low right now. Being here at my parents is HARD. They do not eat the greatest (snacks all over the house) and the things we do not eat at home that I LOVE. I have been snacking like CRAZY!!! HELP me please! How do I stop?! We are here until June 1st about and I can't keep doing this. Maybe I can do what I do when at home as soon as my husband is here tomorrow. Usually I will exercise when I get that urge to snack and then I am not hungry after so I have a 50 to 80 calorie snack and then I am good but being her alone it is hard to do that as my parents are not always around or willing to watch the kids while I work out.

This next week I am going to make things different and I can't wait for friday :)

Great job to all you ladies for working hard this week! Seems like a few of us had a tough time and there is always this week to kick some butt! To all the ladies that lost weight this week keep up the great work and CONGRATS!

Hope you are all well! Oh and after being unemployed since christmas my husband got the job we have been praying for since then.....we found out two days ago he got the IRS agent job!!!!!

:heart: Amanda
  • constancemwj
    constancemwj Posts: 290
    Options
    Hi, everyone...
    Well after making a great start of the week. I sure ended it bad.....I've been so busy with work and family...... exersice sort of took a back seat in my week...But I still managed to still drop at least 1/2lbs... :smile: