Black socks with workout clothes?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Try as I may I cannot go to the gym and not look "good" ..By that I mean I have to match, everything right down to my hair tie HAS to go together..otherwise I just feel horrible and wind up focusing more on the idea that I don't match rather then working out..lol.

You are not alone in this.. believe me!

I die if my clothes don't match properly.. Hell, I just bought plain black shoes for the fact that my pink ones and my purple ones didn't go with my green and blue tops!

My mom thinks I'm nuts and is like you're just getting sweaty in these clothes.. why does it matter? I'm like because it does.. thats why!
  • JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Reminds me of a guy I dated. He'd put on his (black) socks AND shoes before his pants. It was so weird.

I like really low-cut socks. They make my legs look thinner.
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Are talking about the high top black socks one would wear with jeans?? Then hell no!! However I wear short black socks made by Under Armour and those are fine. And for the record, tall socks are NEVER a good idea unless wearing jeans or pant, no matter the color. Unless we are going for the nerd look.
    Yeah, I'm talking old man tall socks!

No to the black knee socks... hmmm wait... no to knee socks of any color...
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    I didn't realise the gym was the place for fashion statements? Aren't we there to get sweaty? Who cares what colour socks people wear. You shouldn't be looking at other people anyway, focus on your own workout.

Amen to that sista! Cuz wen I saw the forum title I was like i know that's not what I think it is" don't y'all have a job or something instead of talking about what color socks you wear!!!!! And you may be wondering why I bothered reading this.. its because I am at home on vacattion!!:P
    Really??? Which part of fun are people missing. This isnt meant to be serious

Sometimes I think people forget we're in the Chit-Chat, Fun, & Games section. They just see it online and take it seriously, lol
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I didn't realise the gym was the place for fashion statements? Aren't we there to get sweaty? Who cares what colour socks people wear. You shouldn't be looking at other people anyway, focus on your own workout.

Amen to that sista! Cuz wen I saw the forum title I was like i know that's not what I think it is" don't y'all have a job or something instead of talking about what color socks you wear!!!!! And you may be wondering why I bothered reading this.. its because I am at home on vacattion!!:P
    Really??? Which part of fun are people missing. This isnt meant to be serious
    I hear ya.

Case in point: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/426051-how-should-i-take-this

Best to just sit back, and enjoy the ride...
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    if the person is wearing black shoes it's no big deal! if they're wearing white it's a little odd.
  • bigtwagner
    Options
    I don't care about the color. As long as they fit right and feel good while running miles at a time doesn't matter what I look like.
  • ciaobellakiss
    Options
    No, I see nothing wrong with it.
  • Nikro
    Nikro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Are talking about the high top black socks one would wear with jeans?? Then hell no!! However I wear short black socks made by Under Armour and those are fine. And for the record, tall socks are NEVER a good idea unless wearing jeans or pant, no matter the color. Unless we are going for the nerd look.
    Yeah, I'm talking old man tall socks!

A valuable peice of information missing from your OP.

NO NO NO on high black socks w/ shorts for any reason unless you are a toddler --and that is even questionable. :)
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i wear black thigh high socks a few days per week...i don't hit the gym *yet* but would probably still wear them unless the workout was too sweaty ^.^y

I think these can work with a cute workout outfit...maybe ^.^ they seem to work with everything which is basically why i wear them so often.
  • twanthe1
    twanthe1 Posts: 407
    Options
    I wear size 13 ankle socks which are never seen since I wear a size 15 shoe lol.
  • rpstaller
    Options
    This reminds me of my question about wearing jeans at the gym. If that's what I am comfortable working out in, what difference does it make? To the original poster's point, I would probably never wear black "dress" socks with shorts at the gym but again, if that's what someone is comfortable with...
  • tcox74559
    tcox74559 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Black socks, they never get dirty, the longer you wear them the stronger they get.
    Sometimes I think I should wash them but something inside me keeps saying
    Not yet....not yet.
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    Always black socks.... They make my ankles look thin. :laugh:
  • southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I only wear black socks...short ones though..not the long old man ones
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Lol nah. I don't rock granddaddy socks, but I've seen people at the gym work out with 'em.
  • Iamkim73
    Iamkim73 Posts: 924 Member
    Options

Black old man socks with garter belts holding the up while wearing short gym shorts isHOT!
  • DietPep1978
    Options

MY thoughts exactly. I think people are allowed to get their sweat on in whatever they want.
  • southofmadness
    southofmadness Posts: 316 Member
    Options

Black old man socks with garter belts holding the up while wearing short gym shorts isHOT!

maybe i should reconsider my views on it then :smile: