Time to Tackle P90X - and You Can, Too..! Starting Monday 3/

Options

Replies

• larthur
    larthur Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ok, I had to wait until my arms were no longer jello...... but I did chest shoulders and triceps all I can say is holy crap! Then Abs, LOVE abs.... after that I ran 4.5 miles. Now it's 9:30 and I haven't had dinner yet, and i'm about 900 calories short hmmmm what to do??

larthur
  • trenauldo
    trenauldo Posts: 235
    Options
    P90X DAY SIXTY-FOUR - Chest, Shoulders & Triceps, Ab Ripper X

Well, well... This became a whole new workout using dumbbells instead of resistance bands. Made some good progress today: 13 Side-to-Side Push-ups, 11 Clap Push-Ups, 15 One-Arm Balance Push-Ups, and coolest of all, 12 One-Arm Push-Ups... Oooo, bring on the pain baby... lol. As was the case with the other strength workouts this week, the weight numbers for each move came down using the weights instead of bands, but you really can tell a difference when you can do the moves as designed with weight than when you have to adjust with a band technique. I really want to improve on my Side-Tri-Rise number. I think doing those Pike Presses right before that kinda brings my number on those down, so I'm gonna have to work to keep up with the folks on the DVD...

Plyo in the morning... Bring it on...
  • trenauldo
    Options
    Ok, I had to wait until my arms were no longer jello...... but I did chest shoulders and triceps all I can say is holy crap! Then Abs, LOVE abs.... after that I ran 4.5 miles. Now it's 9:30 and I haven't had dinner yet, and i'm about 900 calories short hmmmm what to do??

larthur
    And then you ran 4.5 miles..??? You are a way better woman than I am sister... lol. Actually, this week I've started doing an HIIT program on my strength days. Trying to torch the last remnants of fat from the frame before the 90 days is up...
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    hello p90xers
    100 pushups
    75 situps
    25 situps w 10 lb ball
    40 10lb dumbbell
    40 100 curls
    4 20 sec floor leg lifts 10 lb ball
    4 sets of ten bench leglifts w 10lb ball floor to over head
    12 dragon flags
    40 110lb pulldowns
  • larthur
    Options
    I'm just curios what you all would have eaten this late at night? I was soo hungry, I had a turkey burger just meat ketchup and the bun and a double scoop EAS protein drink using ice water.

I haven't lost much weight on this program, maybe 3 pounds but I think i'm not eating enough. I have a hard time getting 1800 caleries a day when I eat "clean" lol. Any suggestions?
  • eriny
    Options
    goodmorning i forgot to but i did your p90x crane got up to 10 sec 3seperate times still but i was sweating knees kept slipping was trying it at the gym. :grumble: next time at home
  • eriny
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Hello, all!

Week 10, day 2- plyo a little later today. I work out with my trainer in about 30 minutes so want to put off plyo. I'll also try for a short run in the evening- nice weather today, finally! Yesterday I did kenpo in the morning- missed it over the weekend. I took your cue, Tony, and went faster than the gang at the beginning of most moves. I really felt it and burned a few more calories!:drinker: Later in the afternoon, I did C,S, and T- got quite the burn towards the end- must have been the pre-burn from kenpo!!!:devil: So proud of myself- all push-ups from my toes except clap and one-arm. The one-arm on my toes get down about 2 inches:laugh: ! Can do full range of motion on my knees. As for the pull-ups- with legs and back-, I moved the chair way out so I was on my own at least half way up- owww!!! I was so sore between my shoulder blades!!!

I have to give a brief update on my dh- he's in week 6 and WOW!!! The changes in his body are amazing! He complained to me that he has to get his pants taken in!!! After plyo last night, he admitted how out of shape he was at the beginning! He says he can actually keep up most of the time now! I am very proud of him for sticking with the program!:heart:

Keep bringing it, everyone!!!
  • mosse33
    mosse33 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    hi all
    ive seen comments about drinking a protein drink before bed
    is this a good time to have one i thought it was a bad thing to eat or drink 3 hrs before bed
    just done pylo on week 2
  • trenauldo
    Options
    P90X DAY SIXTY-FIVE - Plyometrics (The Mutha)

Whew! The sweat is ROLLIN' off me today folks. This was one of the better Plyo workouts I've done. I felt energetic throughout the whole evolution. Highlights of the workout: I got some serious air time on Jump Squats; moved at about one-and-a-half times the pace in Leapfrog Squats; kept the arms up for Squat Jacks; went through the whole Hot Foot routine without switching to jumping rope. It's really great when you can see and feel those tangible effects of progress and growth. Still... those pesky Run Stance Switch Pickups... Good lord, they set my quads on fire! When I can really conquer those and go at Dominick speed (if you have the DVD, you know who I'm talking about) for the whole set, I will have REALLY accomplished something.

Back & Biceps tomorrow, the first run-through with the dumbbells... Should be interesting...
  • trenauldo
    Options
    I'm just curios what you all would have eaten this late at night? I was soo hungry, I had a turkey burger just meat ketchup and the bun and a double scoop EAS protein drink using ice water.

I haven't lost much weight on this program, maybe 3 pounds but I think i'm not eating enough. I have a hard time getting 1800 caleries a day when I eat "clean" lol. Any suggestions?
    larthur... Hmm, tough call. If anything, I think a meal that late, I'd want to focus on protein and veggies and stay away from the carbs, particularly if you expect to hit the bed shortly after that. If I was planning on retiring for the night after eating, I would probably just have a protein shake, leave the metabolism on simmer for the overnight, and wake up hungry and ready for breakfast the next day.

As to suggestions, I'd be interested to see what your intake looks like now, then I'd be happy to help with some suggestions for you.
  • trenauldo
    Options
    goodmorning i forgot to but i did your p90x crane got up to 10 sec 3seperate times still but i was sweating knees kept slipping was trying it at the gym. :grumble: next time at home
    Eriny... Keep at it dude..! I've found that doing crane successfully is a bit of an art. You have to get that low crouch just right and get the arm placement right against the arms, then you can just tilt forward into the pose, and it's all arms and wrist strength after that. Took some time for me to get the finesse right...
  • trenauldo
    Options
    Hello, all!

Week 10, day 2- plyo a little later today. I work out with my trainer in about 30 minutes so want to put off plyo. I'll also try for a short run in the evening- nice weather today, finally! Yesterday I did kenpo in the morning- missed it over the weekend. I took your cue, Tony, and went faster than the gang at the beginning of most moves. I really felt it and burned a few more calories!:drinker: Later in the afternoon, I did C,S, and T- got quite the burn towards the end- must have been the pre-burn from kenpo!!!:devil: So proud of myself- all push-ups from my toes except clap and one-arm. The one-arm on my toes get down about 2 inches:laugh: ! Can do full range of motion on my knees. As for the pull-ups- with legs and back-, I moved the chair way out so I was on my own at least half way up- owww!!! I was so sore between my shoulder blades!!!

I have to give a brief update on my dh- he's in week 6 and WOW!!! The changes in his body are amazing! He complained to me that he has to get his pants taken in!!! After plyo last night, he admitted how out of shape he was at the beginning! He says he can actually keep up most of the time now! I am very proud of him for sticking with the program!:heart:

Keep bringing it, everyone!!!
    April... Sounds like you're making great progress... Very impressive, and one-arm push-ups are a killer, for sure.

Kudos to your hubby, too, and I'm glad to hear he's getting great results. Getting smaller clothes is a wonderful thing. I had to buy shorts this weekend because all mine are falling off of me, and I actually had to buy 32" waist shorts... Can you believe that..?!?!?!?! I haven't worn that size of clothing since my early 20's... Awesome.. :bigsmile:
  • trenauldo
    Options
    hi all
    ive seen comments about drinking a protein drink before bed
    is this a good time to have one i thought it was a bad thing to eat or drink 3 hrs before bed
    just done pylo on week 2
    Mosse... In general, I'd say a good rule of thumb is to try not to eat 2-3 hours before your bedtime. However, there is a school of thought that says if you're trying to meet that time requirement but you're getting too hungry again, a straight protein shake (powder preferably with water or reduced-fat dairy or soy milk) is ok because the calories are almost exclusively from protein, and it can have the effect of keeping the metabolism on a "low simmer" while you're resting.

So far from the reading and researching I've done, the "goodness or badness" of the straight protein shake before bedtime hasn't been definitively proven. However, it sure as heck beats a bowl of ice cream or some Oreos before bedtime... :bigsmile: For me, I don't make a habit of it, but when the hunger hits, I feel ok doing a quick protein shake before I turn in.
  • trenauldo
    Options
    hello p90xers
    100 pushups
    75 situps
    25 situps w 10 lb ball
    40 10lb dumbbell
    40 100 curls
    4 20 sec floor leg lifts 10 lb ball
    4 sets of ten bench leglifts w 10lb ball floor to over head
    12 dragon flags
    40 110lb pulldowns
    Eriny... Love those workouts of yours brother... There's no school like the old school, especially for getting in shape!
  • larthur
    Options
    Did plyo tonight, love it!!!

I'll see if I can't cut n paste my food diary.
  • trenauldo
    Options
    Oh yeah... Plyo is da bomb... It hurts, but it's a good hurt... :wink:
  • larthur
    Options
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    Breakfast
    Yoplait - Yogurt - Light Thick And Creamy - Key Lime Pie, 1 container 100 20 0 5 remove
    Eas-Myoplex Lite - Chocolate Chocolate Chip Crisp, 1 bar 190 26 5 15 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 290 46 5 20
    Lunch
    Generic - Turkey Burger W/Bun and Organic Cheese, 1 burger 345 27 15 26 remove
    Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 105 27 0 1 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 450 54 15 27
    Dinner
    Jenny Craig - Chicken Fajitas, 1 bag 290 39 6 20 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 290 39 6 20
    Snacks
    Eas - 100% Whey Protein - Vanilla, 2 Scoops 240 4 4 45 remove
    Great Harvest Bread Co. - Honey Whole Wheat Bread, 1 slice 80 21 0 3 remove
    P90x - Recovery Drink, 1 scoops 110 20 1 5 remove
    Peanut Butter, Maranatha Organic - Creamy & Roasted Peanut Butter, 0.3 Tbsp, 3gms 29 1 2 1 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 459 46 7 54
    Total: 1,489 185 33 121
    Your Daily Goal: 1,700 170 38 170
    Remaining: 211 -15 5 49
    *You've earned 500 extra calories from exercise today

Today's Food Notes
    Today's Water Consumption

Does this make any sense?? So, right now i'm at 1489 cals, 185 carbs, 33 grams fat, 121 protein. Looks like I didn't balance my protein very well.

Here's the deal, we live in a REALLY small town, and i'm not joking, over 70 miles from a wal mart or any kind of grocery store that carries decent food. There was no way I could follow the diet plan any way but by the portion control methood. And for the most part I think i've done pretty good. I struggle because as much as I like this site and it has been very helpful it really doesn't reflect my eating lifestyle. For example, I grind my own whole grains and I make my bread from scratch I make my own totilla's with whole wheat flour and coconut oil. I normally won't eat any kind of atificial sweetener but I ran out of my organic FF yogurt and had to go with yoplait this week. So it's hard to find comparisons of what I actually eat here on the website and I have no clue what the nutritional value of what I make myself has. Other than I know it is better then anything from the store. Tonight we had chicken fajita's with home made tortilla's, I use chicken that i've bottled myself with a few seasonings and fresh pepers no oil of any kind is used. See my dilema? I am using EAS protein, sometimes I mix it with soy milk and sometimes water. It just seems hard to me to get enough protein and not go over the fat allowed.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Lana
  • eriny
    Options
    morning
    100 pushups
    50 situps
    40 110lb pulldowns
    40 10 sec leglift w 12lb ball
    2 90lb row machine
    10 min stair climber res 10 -13
    10 min ellip machine 10 - 15
    40 10 lb curls
    40 90 lb machine curls
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein
    Breakfast
    Yoplait - Yogurt - Light Thick And Creamy - Key Lime Pie, 1 container 100 20 0 5 remove
    Eas-Myoplex Lite - Chocolate Chocolate Chip Crisp, 1 bar 190 26 5 15 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 290 46 5 20
    Lunch
    Generic - Turkey Burger W/Bun and Organic Cheese, 1 burger 345 27 15 26 remove
    Bananas - Raw, 1 medium (7" to 7-7/8" long) 105 27 0 1 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 450 54 15 27
    Dinner
    Jenny Craig - Chicken Fajitas, 1 bag 290 39 6 20 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 290 39 6 20
    Snacks
    Eas - 100% Whey Protein - Vanilla, 2 Scoops 240 4 4 45 remove
    Great Harvest Bread Co. - Honey Whole Wheat Bread, 1 slice 80 21 0 3 remove
    P90x - Recovery Drink, 1 scoops 110 20 1 5 remove
    Peanut Butter, Maranatha Organic - Creamy & Roasted Peanut Butter, 0.3 Tbsp, 3gms 29 1 2 1 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 459 46 7 54
    Total: 1,489 185 33 121
    Your Daily Goal: 1,700 170 38 170
    Remaining: 211 -15 5 49
    *You've earned 500 extra calories from exercise today

Today's Food Notes
    Today's Water Consumption

Does this make any sense?? So, right now i'm at 1489 cals, 185 carbs, 33 grams fat, 121 protein. Looks like I didn't balance my protein very well.

Here's the deal, we live in a REALLY small town, and i'm not joking, over 70 miles from a wal mart or any kind of grocery store that carries decent food. There was no way I could follow the diet plan any way but by the portion control methood. And for the most part I think i've done pretty good. I struggle because as much as I like this site and it has been very helpful it really doesn't reflect my eating lifestyle. For example, I grind my own whole grains and I make my bread from scratch I make my own totilla's with whole wheat flour and coconut oil. I normally won't eat any kind of atificial sweetener but I ran out of my organic FF yogurt and had to go with yoplait this week. So it's hard to find comparisons of what I actually eat here on the website and I have no clue what the nutritional value of what I make myself has. Other than I know it is better then anything from the store. Tonight we had chicken fajita's with home made tortilla's, I use chicken that i've bottled myself with a few seasonings and fresh pepers no oil of any kind is used. See my dilema? I am using EAS protein, sometimes I mix it with soy milk and sometimes water. It just seems hard to me to get enough protein and not go over the fat allowed.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Lana

Lana,

In general, this looks pretty good. A few suggestions for upping your calories and protein- go for Fage yogurt (if you can find it:grumble: ) instead of regular yogurt. The greek yogurts have a lot more protein! And you can afford more than 100 cals for your yogurt!:smile: Use a protein bar instead of the one you're currently eating- just read your labels to see which ones give you more protein and fewer carbs. Up your peanut butter to 1 tbsp:love: , add in some nuts.

Hope this helps! As for not losing much weight, how is your shape changing? I have only lost 5# in 9 1/2 weeks but 1.5 pants sizes and 2 dress sizes!!!

Keep at it!!!:flowerforyou: