Time to Tackle P90X - and You Can, Too..! Starting Monday 3/

Options
Hello all! I'm Tony, and starting this coming Monday, I'm doing my first round of the Beachbody program P90X. If anyone else out there is planning to start or is thinking of starting, please come in and hang out. I'll be updating this thread regularly as I make my way through the program (it doesn't look like you can post photos, or I'd do that, too), and to start, below you'll find my pre-start bodily stats as well as my P90X Fit Test results. That way, we'll see readily how much change has occurred over the 90 days of this program.

BODY FAT: 20.6%
WEIGHT: 205 lbs
CHEST: 41.5"
WAIST: 39.5"
HIPS: 41"
RT THIGH: 21"
LT THIGH: 21"
RT ARM: 14"
LT ARM: 14.5"

RESTING HEART RATE: 63 bpm
PULL-UPS TO FAILURE: 4
VERTICAL LEAP DISTANCE: 12"
PUSH-UPS TO FAILURE: 43
TOE TOUCH DISTANCE: 0"
WALL SQUAT: 2 min 49 sec
BICEP CURLS TO FAILURE: 16 @ 50-lb res. band
IN & OUTS: 52
HEART RATE MAXIMIZER & RECOVERY: 159 BPM, 149 BPM (1 min), 127 bpm (2 min), 116 bpm (3 min), 112 bpm (4 min)

So, there you have it. If you're ready, come on and jump right in. We've got fat to lose and muscle to gain!

Replies

• trenauldo
    trenauldo Posts: 235
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Tony, and starting this coming Monday, I'm doing my first round of the Beachbody program P90X. If anyone else out there is planning to start or is thinking of starting, please come in and hang out. I'll be updating this thread regularly as I make my way through the program (it doesn't look like you can post photos, or I'd do that, too), and to start, below you'll find my pre-start bodily stats as well as my P90X Fit Test results. That way, we'll see readily how much change has occurred over the 90 days of this program.

BODY FAT: 20.6%
    WEIGHT: 205 lbs
    CHEST: 41.5"
    WAIST: 39.5"
    HIPS: 41"
    RT THIGH: 21"
    LT THIGH: 21"
    RT ARM: 14"
    LT ARM: 14.5"

RESTING HEART RATE: 63 bpm
    PULL-UPS TO FAILURE: 4
    VERTICAL LEAP DISTANCE: 12"
    PUSH-UPS TO FAILURE: 43
    TOE TOUCH DISTANCE: 0"
    WALL SQUAT: 2 min 49 sec
    BICEP CURLS TO FAILURE: 16 @ 50-lb res. band
    IN & OUTS: 52
    HEART RATE MAXIMIZER & RECOVERY: 159 BPM, 149 BPM (1 min), 127 bpm (2 min), 116 bpm (3 min), 112 bpm (4 min)

So, there you have it. If you're ready, come on and jump right in. We've got fat to lose and muscle to gain!
  • aprilvet
    aprilvet Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Tony,
    Welcome! I'm starting P90X next week also!!! I've been posting on an existing thread- P90X- Starting a new thread, part 2. Sorry, I don't know how to make it a link.:grumble: You may want to join us there. Or there are other P90X threads out there, too.

I'll be looking for you!!! I'm finishing Jillian Michaels' Making the Cut, then I'll jump right into P90X.

April:smile:
  • trenauldo
    Options
    April... Thanks for the welcome, and I'm glad to hear you're tackling the "X", too. I may stop in to the thread you mentioned, but honestly, I'm gonna try to keep the bulk of my communication about my round of the "X" on this thread simply because I want to keep this all in one place.

Will this be your first round of P90X? What other programs have you completed or other activities are you involved in?
  • aprilvet
    Options
    This is my first venture into P90X. Like I said, I'm finishing Making the Cut this week. I've been working out with a trainer once a week for several years but have recently really committed myself to fitness. I'm running 4 days a week, plan to try a 5K in early summer. I have about 12 pounds to reach my goal, and I'm really starting to see the changes. I think P90X is just what I need!!!:bigsmile: My trainer recommended I jump right into the X due to my current level of fitness.:smile:

I'll keep you posted!! Is this your first round with the P90 series?

April
  • trenauldo
    Options
    This is my first round of P90X, but I've been working Power90 for some time and have had great results. So far, I've dropped almost 40 lbs, and as you can see from my stats above, I'm approaching my BIG goal of breaking the 200-lb barrier. I haven't weighed under 200 lbs since... Oh, has to be at least 1994 I'd say.

Great to hear you're doing a 5K. I did two last year in September and October and had a great time. I think a 10K would be about as adventurous as I'd like to get in running; I have to think to do a half or full marathon, you have to be a SERIOUS runner, and while I enjoy it, I'm just not that much into it (with all due respect to our runner brothers and sisters out there).

As to changes, I think you're gonna be amazed at what you see when you come out of the other side of P90X. The program is awesome, and so are the results that people get. One thing to make sure of is that your nutrition is where it needs to be to support the program. I'm actually going straight from the nutrition workbook that comes with the program (went grocery shopping today for that as a matter of fact). The only thing I worry about is the Phase I with the lower carb levels and bonking, but we'll see how it goes and adjust if needed.

I am just psyched up and ready to roll. It's gonna be awesome...!!!
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    im not p90 but can i play :happy:
  • trenauldo
    Options
    Eriny... Absolutely brother. If you've lost 50 lbs, you're doing a heckuva job at something my friend!
  • SallyAnn
    SallyAnn Posts: 43
    Options
    I am in......I am starting P90 on Monday. I thought I would try a round of P90 before trying the X.

Starting weight 166
    Push-up 12 (military style push-up)
    sit-up 38 in 1 min

Energy level - Sucks.
  • trenauldo
    Options
    Sally... That's awesome! Power90 is a great program. It's the one I started with, and I got really great results from it. I mentioned it in another thread yesterday, but this past Friday, I had to go shopping for some new jeans because the ones I have are just falling off of me. Well, I actually ended up buying 34" waist jeans, and I haven't been able to get into that size of pants in like 15 years; it was wonderful. I owe all that change to Power90. Stick with it, and I'm sure you'll get some really great results.

One thing to keep in mind though (and this is with any workout program)... Make sure you attend to your nutrition just as consistently as you do your workouts. That will get you the best results. The old saying "You can't out-train a bad diet" is really true, and I know for me, I didn't start to see great results until I got my poor eating habits under control. I think that will also go a long way toward helping out with your energy levels, too. Giving your body the fuel it needs to run at its best can make all the difference. It can be tough in this day and age with such a culture of excess (in terms of food) and companies pushing foods at people with such poor nutritive value, but it can be done, and you can eat great food with plenty of variety while still keeping it healthy.

Glad to have you on board Sally. I'll be looking to hear from you!!
  • trenauldo
    Options
    Ok everyone... Time to hit the bed... P90X starts at 5:30 am tomorrow...

Chest & Back... Man, it looks great. I know I'm gonna be sore, but it's gonna be worth it... Talk to you tomorrow to let you know how it went...
  • trenauldo
    Options
    P90X DAY ONE - Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X

Ok, the fact that I can barely type kinda tells me that this program is some serious stuff.

I just finished my DAY ONE program, and from my waist to my shoulders feels like jello. I don't have my pull-up bar in yet, so I'm using resistance bands for those movements in the meantime (like it matters - good lord!). The pull-ups are gonna be a bear until I start really getting my back muscles into shape, no doubts there. I felt pretty good during the push-up exercises though. Some exercises that I can normally deal with, like dive bombers and diamond push-ups, become tough as nails when combined with everything else Tony's having you do.

ARX (Ab Ripper X) was really tough, largely because I think my core muscles in my abdominal area have always been my weak link through Power90 (I could never get all the way through AR200, and even then, I was serious pain). I'm a little sore right now, but I KNOW I'm gonna be paying for this later today and tomorrow.

Plyometrics is the next one. My neighbor who's going through the program told me when he started out that Plyo was the most challenging for him (until he got busy doing Core Synergistics... lol). I can tell you this though... I left everything I had on the mat this morning and almost had to crawl outta the Hall of Pain. Now it's time for the next day's challenge - tackling the nutrition plan. Peace folks...

-Tony :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Feel free to join in here... a lot of people using P90X! http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/44954-p90x-starting-a-new-thread?page=3
  • jeena
    jeena Posts: 29
    Options
    Hey Tony congrats on completing your workout!:smile:
    I will be doing my 1st workout this evening and can not wait!!
  • aprilvet
    Options
    First day of P90X!!!:happy: Just finished Chest and Back; have to do ARX later, have car pool duties! It felt great! I did plank style for all push-ups, at least for first few reps:laugh: . Used major chair support for all pull-ups. I feel good and strong, although I fell on my face with the last Dive Bomber! My writing got very shaky at the end of recording!! I know I'll pay tomorrow, but in a good way. I'm so stoked to be on board!!:happy:
  • aprilvet
    Options
    Just finished ARX!! 20 reps of all exercises!!! I feel great- but I wonder if I'll be able to stand up straight tomorrow!!!
  • jeena
    jeena Posts: 29
    Options
    did my chest, back and ab rip, I may not be able to do my hair tomorrow :laugh:
    how do you enter the exercises?
  • aprilvet
    Options
    Jeena,
    I have a hrm- I entered the cals it said I burned under custom headings.
  • eriny
    eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    hello april hey peeps sorry no p90 here just garage floor can i join:flowerforyou:
  • trenauldo
    Options
    Eriny... You're welcome to hang with us bro... Let us know what you're doing.

April, Jeena... This morning, I was definitely trashed from the waist up... lol. I was hanging tough in Power90 with push-ups, but the ones Tony had me doing this morning kicked my *kitten* (in a happy, healthy way, of course :laugh: ). As I get ready to hit the bed here shortly, it's just my upper arms that are still just a touch sore; otherwise, I think I'm doing ok. The ARX was a good bit tougher than I thought it would be, and some of those moves I'm definitely going to have to work on keeping good form.

Can't wait for Plyo tomorrow... I love this stuff... WOO HOO!

-Tony :bigsmile:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Plyo... I'm on Phase 2 and made the switch from Lean to Classic, just so I could do Plyo once a week! Make sure you have some good sneakers!!