Options

Replies

• txwildfire
    Options
    Amen, Accountant!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    How is it fast food wearing a disguise? How are you dishonest with yourself for eating there?

Subway is extremely clear on their calorie, sodium, fat and carbohydrate information. They have one of the most user-friendly nutritional guides I've ever seen!

I don't think anyone is fooling themselves by eating at Subway...unless they can't read.

Personally, I choose not to eat there because of the high sodium content, but why look down on someone else for eating there?
    Once again peeps. Not looking down on any ones food intake. Just plain old interested. Or is that not really allowed anymore?
    I find bananas to be disgusting and their smell repellant.

Do you like bananas? Is it because they are convenient?
  • imarlett
    imarlett Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I don't eat that garbage anymore. I'd rather go to McDonalds and get a salad than eat at that place.
  • ravenone777
    ravenone777 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've heard of so many people getting food poisoning at Subway that I avoid it. Ick.
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Because whether I like it or not, most of my social occasions involve food. I can almost always convince people to choose Subway or Wendy's, where they can get wherever they want and I can get turkey, cheese, and mustard on wheat. While it may not be the best option, it is a better option. I'm sure you're on MFP because you've always made the best choices, right?

Gosh I feel completely attacked. Not what I was going for, I shall obviously have to more careful next time. I have never said that I make the right choices all the time. I am not saying I am better than others because i Don't eat subway. I am genuinely interested.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It is just fast food in a tiny disguise. Every time I walk past the place and its putrid smell hits by nostrils I gag.

Why do you like subway? Is it just because it is convenient?

**Obviously this question hit a sore spot with some people. I am not judging people food choices, it is a legit question.
    I bet there's a food you love that I find disgusting, but I would never question why you like it. Personal taste is personal taste.

There most definitely will be a food I eat that you don't like. I can question people it doesn't mean I am judging.
    "It is just fast food in a tiny disguise. Every time I walk past the place and its putrid smell hits by nostrils I gag."

Nope. Not judging at all.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I don't eat that garbage anymore. I'd rather go to McDonalds and get a salad than eat at that place.
    Fast food salads often have more fat and calories than the burgers -- and Subway's sandwiches.
  • hailzp
    Options
    It is just fast food in a tiny disguise. Every time I walk past the place and its putrid smell hits by nostrils I gag.

Why do you like subway? Is it just because it is convenient?

**Obviously this question hit a sore spot with some people. I am not judging people food choices, it is a legit question.
    I bet there's a food you love that I find disgusting, but I would never question why you like it. Personal taste is personal taste.

There most definitely will be a food I eat that you don't like. I can question people it doesn't mean I am judging.
    "It is just fast food in a tiny disguise. Every time I walk past the place and its putrid smell hits by nostrils I gag."

OK. Were are you from America? Obviously my way of talking has not translated well via a forum. I bow down and sincerely apologise. It is a personal statement.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options

applause.gif
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options

Subway has salads. 130 calories in fact. Basically, it's the sandwich w/o the bread.

BTW, they also offer yogurt parfait at 160 calories.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I like Subway. Good food at a good price and low in calories. Watch the sodium though. Of course you could forgo the cheese.

When I walk past subway the baking bread always smells good to me.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    You say that you are just legitimately asking and not judging anyone, but with comments like "At least you would be being honest with yourself if you ate McDonalds" that implies judgment, as though we're only going to subway to convince ourselves that we're being healthy when we obviously aren't. It all depends on what you order and how it fits into your own personal nutrition goals.
  • Laner07
    Laner07 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I blame Jared.
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's obsessing for most people. Not unless you are Jared who probably is getting paid very well for it.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Subway is so evil..
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    You say that you are just legitimately asking and not judging anyone, but with comments like "At least you would be being honest with yourself if you ate McDonalds" that implies judgment, as though we're only going to subway to convince ourselves that we're being healthy when we obviously aren't. It all depends on what you order and how it fits into your own personal nutrition goals.

Thank you! I was just thinking that. And honestly, it pissed me off when she responded to my post like that. I absolutely felt judged at that comment. But anyway... I think the sweet onion chicken teriyaki is just dandy.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    OK. Were are you from America? Obviously my way of talking has not translated well via a forum.
    Wow. Where in the English-speaking world is "At least you would be being honest with yourself if you ate McDonalds." not judgmental? :laugh: Someone from the UK, South Africa, Australia... help me out here.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options

applause.gif

Damn those people clap fast. What are they on... crack? Meth?
  • hailzp
    Options

Why are you making a divide? I don't catergorise people according to whether they eat subway or not. That is silly. I am sticking with my argument to spark a discussion, Which is obviously impossible here because people feel personally attacked. Not my intention. I can say that subway is a fast food place because that is what I believe. And that's O.K because we live in a society where I can apparently exercise my right to free thinking. I am in no position to judge anyone, I am overweight and that didn't come from eating salads did it.
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    A Subway sandwich can be whatever you want it to be. It can be healthy or not. You can choose lower sodium options, lower fat options, lower calorie options -- completely customizable.

I totally agree!!! Make it the way you want it... I personally like Subway when in the mood for a sandwhich! I like the convenience of having all the veggies to choose from (never have that many at home, LOL!)