Why are people so obsessed with subway!

Options

Replies

• Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It's packed with Sodium yes, but it's one of the healthiest of the fast food chains when you are on the go!

Agreed! I like subway. When I go I get something healthy (yes high in sodium, but healthy). It just depends on what YOU decide to put in your sandwich.
  • fj211
    fj211 Posts: 95
    Options
    I think people are allowed to have different tastes. I can't even tolerate the idea of sushi but I wouldn't put down people who like it.

I like Subway but don't eat it often. I can't stand to wait in line.
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Oh Man, I am in LOVES with Subway. <3

That stuff in Nom Nom Good!
    I mean, I have always gone in there with the idea that it is fast-food esque, and so I know I have to be careful, but Done correctly, it's really not too bad of a meal.....
    (PS: If anyone ever wants to buy me lunch, I'll take the 6IN Veggie delight on wheat, Provolone, lettuce, Cucumbers, bell peppers, spinach, tomatoes, oil and vinegar and salt and pepper please! ;D)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    aside from sodium what is so bad about it?
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    ^^ Not really anything.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    OP is a troll obv,

Rude much?

OP is most definitely not a troll! She's a very supportive friend!!

She is entitled to her opinion and if you don't like it don't read it!!

And that has absolutely nothing to do with the post. Do you know what a troll is?

OP you sure seem overly sensitive and attacking right back.

I didn't know what a troll was until I was called one. I don't believe I am being sensitive, perhaps I am attacking though. :ohwell: Or defending myself? Not sure. I am quite over this now anyway. I will look at how I word things in the future.

I have had that problem a few times too actually. I word things a bit different now. Sometimes I am too short and apparently come off as a know-it-all? Eh sometimes things over text/internet do come out differently than intended. Just stating how it appears to me ^-^ I personally don't really mind heh :P
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    I have it maybe a couple times a year when all other food options are crossed out or just too fatty or high in calories (there is one close to my downtown campus, but I found out Pita Pit is just a bit of a farther walk, it's cheaper, and you get more veggies! Good gods does Subway stinge you on the veggies!).

I also have to agree with you: the smell reminds me of vomit sometimes. It's gross.
  • roraaa
    roraaa Posts: 1
    Options
    Those awful carbohydrates. Kill me everytime.
  • mjsamee
    mjsamee Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I think its because its promoted by biggest loser and jarred and you can bank on the calorie count and its reasonably priced and your brain thinks you are "eating out" I dont mind it really! And the salads are yummy to me! :ohwell: The breakfast sandwhiches are good to...ijs:wink:
    Options

Did you see the post about the user that had too low of sodium, got dehydrated, passed out and got badly injured? Was an eye opener for me! Now I don't even mind the sodium as much - would rather not pass out D:

Edit to add: Oops not trying to derail the thread xD Just thought I would add sometimes sodium is given too bad of a rep ^-^
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    in a pinch its okay. but i am leary (sp) of their meat (and I wonder..is that even cheese??)

I go about 4 times a year - max.

turkey and ham. 6 inch. mustard and veggies.
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I like Subway because, out of all of the fast food options, it's the least terrible if you order the right thing. It's mostly the bread that is the worst for you, but hey, you can turn any sandwich into a salad for about the same price. The other day I got Over Roasted Chicken and Baby Spinach with their Sweet Onion sauce for dressing, and I think the whole thing was around 200 calories or so. Pretty tasty, and it filled me up. :)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options

Did you see the post about the user that had too low of sodium, got dehydrated, passed out and got badly injured? Was an eye opener for me! Now I don't even mind the sodium as much - would rather not pass out D:

Too low sodium is bloody dangerous, that's for sure!
  • MzFury
    MzFury Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I hate subway, and it has always smelled awful to me!! Why?? I did ADORE Thundercloud Subs local chain growing up in Austin, and I have no illusions about that being a super healthy choice. I think just being able to get fast food that's not deep fried, a whole wheat bun, lean meat and vegetables is I guess enticing. But I could make that for half the price at home in less than the time it would take to drive and get it, so what the hell do I want with a sub from a stinky shop?
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't care fore Subway, but mostly because the ones I go to just aren't as tasty as a Publix sub. I think health-wise, it depends on what you order. I try not to get subs at all because I love packing it full with mayo! D:
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options

Is that the women who drank too much water as well as low sodium?
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options

Have you ever had them scoop your bread? I do whenever I go... I mean, you aren't cutting out all the carbs, but you are probably getting rid of a good chunk of them.
    The, after they scoop it, you flip your sandwich over, remove the bottom piece, and have a sandwich-boat. :)
    (Okay, Maybe T've been there one too many times.....)
    Options

Is that the women who drank too much water as well as low sodium?

Yup! Although it wasn't even that much water - like 8-10 glasses i thought she said. On days where I wouldn't stop on campus and get subway/jimmy johns/etc mine was only about 500-600mg!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Carbs do have their place, though!
  • kerry0521
    kerry0521 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm glad Subway is around!
    I don't eat there often (maybe every other month)
    But when you are out in the middle of nowhere (I do a lot of bike riding), without a cooler or nearby Whole Foods...lol....Subway is consistent in that you can get vegetables and a decent hi protein, low fat sandwich.

Many people are just making the best choices they can. And when I need food in an out of the way place, I'm glad for the semi-healthy option. If it were not so popular, I could not could on finding a Subway in small town USA.