Most Embarrassing Gym Moment...

Options

Replies

• elliott82
    elliott82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    my pants fell down once at kickboxing. luckily i was wearing FULL coverage panties.

my boxing instructor was calling out punches to me one day and i forgot which hand i was supposed to use for the punch he yelled and i went straight for his face. (luckily, he was swift and moved.)

the best: I was walking at the park with my mom and we'd been out there forever and my legs were starting to get tired. the hot guys lost their lacrosse ball which came tumbling towards me. i yelled that i'd throw it back and as i was contemplating how dumb i'd look since i can't throw very well, i FELL ON MY BUTT. even my mom said it was in slow motion. and my mom just stood there and laughed!
  • Mirth
    Mirth Posts: 77
    Options
    This happened when I was a teenager...

After a kick boxing class I took my water bottle, drained it, refilled it and went to continue my workout. *cough* Okay, so I went to stake out a bike because my boyfriend was lifting weights. Details, details. Anyhow... I was about halfway through that bottle of water when a staff member tapped on my shoulder. She announced, very loudly, that I had taken the wrong water bottle. The middle-aged woman it belonged to was standing at the reception desk, death glaring me from across the room. I was mortified.

My boyfriend teased me about being a wattle bottle thief for a long time. We eventually broke up but stayed friends. After we graduated I had a going away party because I was going to study abroad. He gave me a water bottle full of jelly beans with a note that told me not to steal anything while I was gone.
  • hunnyspice
    hunnyspice Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was on that thigh thing, abductor mebbe?
    The one where its on the inside of your legs and forces them open and you have to push them closed and its attatched to weights....ANYWAAAY (sounds like a molesteror machine)

I was doing that
    I stopped to talk to someone
    My best mate put it on the heaviest weight
    My legs got wrenched open
    All the muscles ever got pulled
    And I screeched:

"YOU'VE BROKEN MY VAGINA"

Everyone stopped what they were doing and stared, and I hobbled away

OMG!!!! I'm sorry but this made me almost pee my pants....:laugh:
  • mugsisme
    mugsisme Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    1- Not sure how funny this is. My husband took me to his work's fitness center which I had just joined. He was showing me around and we decided to do the elliptical machine. (I had asked if I needed to bring a water bottle, and he said no. why? I found out ...) As I was working out, I got super thirsty, and he tells me there is a water fountain. Great. Pause the machine, jump off, and run towards the fountain. Klutz that I am, I didn't even notice the elliptical machine next to mine. (Either that or the machine hadn't stopped fully.) Either way, I slammed my knee full force into the machine. I let out a horrific scream. Hubby tells me that I can't go yelling around there. (Meanwhile, I am laying on the floor crying cuz I smacked up my knee so bad.)

2- Not in a gym, but very funny. I was walking into BJs when I totally had a wardrobe malfunction. My zipper apparently unzipped. My skirt slipped down to my knees as I was reaching for a cart. THANKFULLY I had long johns on underneath, so I didn't care that much. (Yeah, there was a guy walking out giving me weird looks.) The funny part is I called my friend who lives out of state and owns the same skirt. It truly is a malfunction of the skirt, as it has happened to her. So I start telling her all about this "wardrobe malfunction" I had, and she has no idea what I am talking about. I am like, You know Whats-Her-Name- whose boob popped out at the Super Bowl?? At that point, my "friend" explains THAT I AM TALKING TO HER MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!! When my friend got married last year, I completely forgot to take her home phone number out of my cell phone. So when I saw a choice between cell and home, I called her home not realizing she hasn't lived in almost a year. Oh man. THAT was flipping embarrassing. (I did mutter something about how I hope her mom didn't know who I was but she said she did. GRRR.)

3- I keep my exercise ball on a small stool and balance on it while I am on the computer. I was laughing at this thread and I promise this really happened ... the ball popped out behind me and I landed on the floor. :laugh:
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    A couple times I had to have two guys run to help my get a barbell off my chest when Bench Pressing because I was too socially awkward to ask for a spot.
  • crystalwiebe
    Options
    I used to work at a gym and I always watched enviously on Friday nights when they had a hip hop class. I could never go because I was working. It was basically like a choreographed pop song, but it looked so fun.

So, when I moved to Los Angeles years later and saw that they had a hip hop class at the gym I had started going to I was so excited. One second into the class I realized my mistake. I was no longer in "white-people-can't-dance" suburbia (sorry, I'm sure there's lots of white people out there who can dance, but I am definitely not one of them). All the people in the class were freestyling the first few minutes and they were jiggling stuff I didn't even know could be jiggled.

After recovering from my first few minutes of mortified shock, I tried to escape but the instructor spotted me and made me stay. I was so embarrassed. This white girl definitely hasn't got game.
  • shanilyric
    Options
    I used to work at a gym and I always watched enviously on Friday nights when they had a hip hop class. I could never go because I was working. It was basically like a choreographed pop song, but it looked so fun.

So, when I moved to Los Angeles years later and saw that they had a hip hop class at the gym I had started going to I was so excited. One second into the class I realized my mistake. I was no longer in "white-people-can't-dance" suburbia (sorry, I'm sure there's lots of white people out there who can dance, but I am definitely not one of them). All the people in the class were freestyling the first few minutes and they were jiggling stuff I didn't even know could be jiggled.

After recovering from my first few minutes of mortified shock, I tried to escape but the instructor spotted me and made me stay. I was so embarrassed. This white girl definitely hasn't got game.

You must go to my gym. As I'm walking out, I always find myself totally mesmerized by the people in the group exercise room shaking their groove things. It makes for more awkward moments, because I frequently have near head-on collisions with people walking toward me.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Totally farted in yoga class. Not just a little, polite *poot* but a long, juicy fart with teeth. Ok and it STUNK like it had just rolled right past a turd. It was awful. I was on a juice cleanse and sometimes you don't have control and your farts just can't be trusted. I heard someone trying to suppress their giggles, another person said "gross" under their breath. Mortified and frozen in place, I didn't how to damage control this one. I finished class as best I could and then as soon as they went into final relaxation I immediately got up, ran out of the studio and never went back. When I got home I discovered that yes, I had *kitten* myself a little.

this had me in tears! I had to share it with my sister I was laughing so hard!
    It's ok....I think I just peed a little laughing at that!
    I tripped and fell on my face after getting off the treadmill. I had that feeling you get when trying to step off a moving sidewalk and just lost it.
  • Faith2FeelFabulous
    Faith2FeelFabulous Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Got crushed by the leg press machine while I was trying to escape a guy's fart that was doing squats next to me.
    I also slipped in the steam room and fell on a naked dude on my way out, felt so bad and disgusted at the same time.

Sadly my gym is quite close to my work so you usually see all the colleagues butt naked in the sauna and steam room, can only imagine the horror if I would have fell on my boss instead of a random dude.

I almost choked on my water reading this. So stinking funny!
  • stephanielindley422
    Options
    I went to sit down on the shoulder press today and missed the seat. Fell on the floor instead. True story
  • will180576
    will180576 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I workout at the university gym where I study. Over a few weeks, a couple of dudes had flirted with me. Like, I am going to have a shower (communal shower, not cubicles) walk in to the area and a buck naked dude makes eye contact and smiles. I think "do I know you?" realize I don't, awkward. So I am telling people about this, asking why dudes were hitting on me and this girl I am really interested in and had dated a couple of times sends me a message. 'google gay beats Brisbane and check number x' of course I do. The gym is apparently a gay beat! Well at least it explained things, but c'mon, I just want to work out in peace FFS. Another related incident, I am showering in the aforementioned communals. This guy next to me, kind of chubby Asian dude, I glance over and he is about 2m from the wall, hands on ankles bent over so the shower jet is washing his corn hole! I couldnt believe he was doing this in the communal showers. I wanted to say something, but we were both naked. It was super awkward and not cool. I saw my friend later who said he saw it too, so I wasn't hallucinating. He says "yeah, I thought He was looking for a contact lens or something!"
  • SafariLara
    Options
    This isn't a personal gym moment, but at the gym i work at there is a chainlink fence behind the treadmills, a guy started running WAY too fast and fell off and hit the fence.

For me I've totally farted in kickboxing. AWESOME haha
  • Kohadre
    Kohadre Posts: 316
    Options
    Passing out because I forgot to do a warm-up before lifting weights.
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    For me, pretty much any exercise involving a balance ball. yeesh :embarassed:
  • Beckym1205
    Beckym1205 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym after work and I change into my workout clothes in the bathroom at the gym... a couple months ago I walk into the gym, its a small gym but fairly crowded, and after I start changing in the bathroom I realize I forgot a shirt... ... ... so, my choices were to put my work clothes back on and go home, or to workout in my work shirt... I worked out in my work shirt.

Tonight after I changed into my workout clothes, exited the bathroom, and got situated on the elliptical I realized I didn't put my hrm on. So I had to go back into the bathroom to put it on. I felt like people were looking at me thinking I had potty issues.
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Bump. Great post! It's late and these are too funny! Thanks everyone for sharing. Gotta' read more of these later...
  • betterin2012
    Options
    A friend, experienced in playing racket ball, decided to teach me to play. She was slamming the ball, moving to the center, slamming again.....I was happy to return the ball. Finally, I slammed the ball so hard it actually went over the wall....over the breezeway and into the next court. The worse part is I NEVER hit the wall.....This all took place by bouncing off the back of her head. I was never invited back..
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    :laugh: omg... this is why I work out at home! thanks be we have the room for a workout room! Otherwise, everyday would be an embarrassment for me. I am SO clumsy.
  • Saymonep
    Options
    Great topic
  • tenax
    tenax Posts: 97
    Options
    was in agym in a hotel and treadmills were side by side. i turned to look for water cooler, lost my balance. i fell on the treadmill behind the guy next to me while he was running. worse, i was at a conference and i walked up to some people i knew at a reception. guess who one of the guys turned out to be? the runner was a fellow employee from another city. grrrrrrreat