Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

tim tebow

Replies

• MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,069 Member
    I really don't care if my football players are nice guys. I'm a nice guy. Doesn't mean I should be playing pro football.

Ben Roethlisberger is an absolute jerk and a misogynist. And that's being kind. Every one in this city has a story about Ben being a jerk, including me. But he's a great QB. I love seeing him play. That's his job and I support him because he's great at it.

Just stumbling on this thread now. I feel the same way about your first statement. Barry Bonds is a prime example for me. Unpopular with many in Pittsburgh, but I was a HUGE fan. I would watch the SF games just to watch him swing the bat. If the reports are accurate, I don't blame him for taking steroids either. He supposedly started taking them because he was tired of competing against players who were. I don't blame any individual player for the steroid problem, because the league new what was going on and they ignored it.

But to get back on track here, I do not agree that Ben is a great QB. He is an exciting one to watch at times, but his ability doesn't match the type of offense that he and Arians like to play. He likes taking shots down field and he couldn't hit a receiver in stride to save his life. And that is also when he is healthy, which due to his style of play is not often. When we ran a Brady style offense, he was extremely effective and we destroyed the Patriots at their own game. Although it is still a pass first scenario, he can't stand the short passes. When healthy, I still think he gives us the best chance to win. However, he was a detriment to the team trying to play on that bad ankle and Tomlin is a complete idiot for not sitting him and his ego.

As for Tebow, there is no reason to believe that he can not develop into a solid QB IF a team does give him the chance to develop. He is an incredible athlete and threw some nice passes against the Steelers. I am not fanatical about the guy, but I do hope he has success.
  • he's hot. that's all that matters.

:)
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I am Tim Tebow fan, but I am not a Broncos fan.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    the word Tebow makes my ears bleed
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    I don't know anything about him. All that I gathered from someone who asked this on her wall was that "He's hot, he's a virgin, he's uber religious, he's an ok quarterback, and he keeps winning and winning! And he prays.". Independently from what I previously quoted, he sounds like a good role model for kids.

If you want your kids to sound like 7-year olds on laughing gas when they are adults, then, I guess he is a good role model.

Who said anything about my kid? I meant kids in general, seeing that a lot of them are influenced by sh#t people like Lil' Wayne and the Jersey Shore cast, Tim Tebow seems to be more of a positive influence. How true that is (Tim Tebow being a positive influence), who knows. That being said what you may think is a positive influence will greatly differ from what the next poster believes.

General "you" vs personal "you" -- often get mixed up in emails and internet forums. So, that was not directed to you personally. Just a silly, toss-off comment about tebow. I think he is an idiot who has been given an opportunity that he didn't earn, but it's not a subject I can take seriously.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,069 Member

General "you" vs personal "you" -- often get mixed up in emails and internet forums. So, that was not directed to you personally. Just a silly, toss-off comment about tebow. I think he is an idiot who has been given an opportunity that he didn't earn, but it's not a subject I can take seriously.

What opportunity was he given that he didn't earn? To play QB in the NFL? He was a star in college. Of course a team was going to give him an opportunity.
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,641 Member
    I have no idea who this guy is, could be because I don't follow football, LOL.
  • alpha2omega
    alpha2omega Posts: 229 Member
    Tebow is a talented if not conventional QB. His numbers this year were better than Trent Dilfer’s Super bowl winning year (Trent’s 7th year in the league) If given the chance, Tebow will be a solid QB in the NFL. He is smart and has proven to be an accurate passer. He is the only QB I have ever seen, in the NFL, able to execute the run option effectively. I’m sure teams will adjust over time but it’s exciting to see him play. By the way, he threw for over 300 yards against the best defense in the league. You have to give him credit. He has earned the respect. On top of all that he carriers himself extremely well considering all the scrutiny and handles the pressure amazingly well.
  • taglientep
    taglientep Posts: 297 Member
    are you a fan or no?

hubby has been watching some documentaries on him lately. he seems like a nice young man, but i think quinn would be a better choice to start. do you think heart and high energy is better than aim and fundamentals?

Quinn... No way.. that noodle arm has no leadership and is way too timid in the pocket
  • taglientep
    Tebow is a talented if not conventional QB. His numbers this year were better than Trent Dilfer�s Super bowl winning year (Trent�s 7th year in the league) If given the chance, Tebow will be a solid QB in the NFL. He is smart and has proven to be an accurate passer. He is the only QB I have ever seen, in the NFL, able to execute the run option effectively. I�m sure teams will adjust over time but it�s exciting to see him play. By the way, he threw for over 300 yards against the best defense in the league. You have to give him credit. He has earned the respect. On top of all that he carriers himself extremely well considering all the scrutiny and handles the pressure amazingly well.

Its just like when Miami came out with the wild cat....

Tebow's numbers are better than Elways first full season!! he crushes Elways numbers... but lets see what will happen this off season. Time to do what Atlanta did for Vick, design an offense around a qb not a qb around an offense
  • taglientep
    GO PATRIOTS!!!!! Tom Brady is a much better QB:smile:

brady_tebow1-1.jpg

Tom Brady is the biggest GIRL in football
  • ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    I LOVE me some Tim Tebow. He is an incredible man. :love:
  • taglientep
    I LOVE me some Tim Tebow. He is an incredible man. :love:

I like the guy he is a leader.... Now I its hard for me because I am a HUGE BILLS FAN!! " Lets GO BUFFALO!"
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 218 Member
    I agree with a previous post..hes hot who cares? LOL... but as a football fan (and please dont hate me im in Miami and yes I watch the Dolphins..amoung other teams) ... I think this man is getting hated much more then he deserves hey he is in the playoff right? and he won the first game right? Not sure about agaist Patriots but we'll see :) I got my hopes... GO TEBOW!
  • Tim Tebow is a great guy, a long way from being a serviceable NFL QB but I hope that he succeeds.That being said, I don't think most of his fanatic fans know anything about football though but they sure will try to make you think they do.
  • jess_blonde
    jess_blonde Posts: 229 Member
    I rarely watch American football so I know only a bit about Tebow...This totally non-PC clip from SNL just needed to be shared:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPpFe3GR7p8
  • Learning2LuvLindsay
    Learning2LuvLindsay Posts: 1,142 Member
    He is sure nice to look at!!!!!!! Gooooo Broncos! Of course I'm biased. Coloradoan here. :smile:
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 909 Member
    Jacksonville's biggest mistake not getting him.. Yes, the jag suck bad but still, their biggest mistake!

Everybody said he would NEVER NEVER make the NFL and yet, here he is. Pretty much his whole career everybody said he would never do it, be it this or that.. Yet over and over he has proved them wrong!

Go Tim Tebow!! Prove all the haters wrong!! Hoorah!
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,757 Member
    YES! ^^ With both of us living here, the talk of Tebow NEVER fckn stops! It really sucks when you turn on ESPN and THEY won't shut the f*** up about him. Jebuz.

I think Tebow is a great guy, in general. Is he an amazingly talented QB? Not even almost. He's still too green. In the game against the Steelers, for the first time EVER, I saw hints of Tebow playing like an NFL quality QB, and not just dumb luck. And amazingly, did it for most of the game. With some more experience under his belt, I think he'll be a pretty good QB, but he's not there yet. I am routing for the Broncos this weekend against the Pats, simply because I'm not a huge fan of the Patriots. However, that being said - I'm not convinced the Broncos have a decent chance of winning. You never know, though...stranger things have happened.
  • taglientep
    YES! ^^ With both of us living here, the talk of Tebow NEVER fckn stops! It really sucks when you turn on ESPN and THEY won't shut the f*** up about him. Jebuz.

I think Tebow is a great guy, in general. Is he an amazingly talented QB? Not even almost. He's still too green. In the game against the Steelers, for the first time EVER, I saw hints of Tebow playing like an NFL quality QB, and not just dumb luck. And amazingly, did it for most of the game. With some more experience under his belt, I think he'll be a pretty good QB, but he's not there yet. I am routing for the Broncos this weekend against the Pats, simply because I'm not a huge fan of the Patriots. However, that being said - I'm not convinced the Broncos have a decent chance of winning. You never know, though...stranger things have happened.

to beat the Patriots is so simple
    1. Rush brady up the middle
    2. cover both TEs and welker
    those 2 things will result in turn overs as proven time and time again
    3. have an effective passing game
    4.Play field position

SIMPLE!