Calories burned during sex

Options

Replies

• SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    why is it I cant put down a sex session and get the calories burned number??? Are we really that uptight???

When did sex become anything other than fun that you are looking to log it as "exercise"? Lighten up-and enjoy it!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    That's funny that someone else was thinking that too! When I first became a member I put "sex" in too and it gave me no result! I wonder? They need to figure something out because that is the best workout you could get! lol:bigsmile:

I believe the euphemism is "gardening." If you've burned 1000 calories in half an hour of "gardening," I'm pretty sure I know what kind of "gardening" you were doing...
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    why is it I cant put down a sex session and get the calories burned number??? Are we really that uptight???

Come on man, 2 minutes ain't gonna do you no good....lol
  • Mrsairforce
    Options
    Lmao we actually experimented and I wore the HRM and burned 65 calories in 15 minutes! Quick mini burn quickie :P
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    No reason you can't, just make a new entry like any other work out. But not sure how many calories is in one minute. *evil grin*

Can you imagine... wearing your HRM to get an accurate number! Now that would be funny!! :laugh:

Now I totally have a reason to buy a HRM! I've seen estimates of calorie burn during sex that seemed really low, like 280 per hour. I told my husband that and he said "only if you're not doing it right!" I agree with his point, which is that it really depends on HOW you have sex. Is this, we're both really tired but still horny sex, or is this all out, piss off the cat and the neighbors sex. A HRM would seem to be the only way to figure out how many calories your sex is burning. At the same time, I like sex for its own sake, so I'd rather not think of it as "just another way to burn calories."

P.S. I will admit that I too checked the database for sex when I first joined.
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Women's Day Magazine says 207 calories for 30 mins..
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    This post just made my day...lol :bigsmile:
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I think to be fair, if you count sex in your activities, you have to claim any extra protein in your food list....

That would only work if semen actually contained non-negligible amounts of protein. The whole protein bit is an urban legend, it's mostly water, a tiny amount of salt, and a tiny amount of sugar.
  • TheAnie
    TheAnie Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I was just reading this yesterday: http://calorielab.com/news/2008/02/12/calories-burned-during-sex/

Had me rolling everywhere. Especially this part:

Activity group: Insertion
    Both partners fully aroused
    Female not fully aroused
    Male not fully aroused
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    When I first started MFP, I used to log sex and I logged it as wrestling, lol!
  • rukia30
    rukia30 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You could always log it as pillow fight! mmm..... now that you all have mentioned this I think I might get DH to wear his garmin and see how many calories are burned LOL!:laugh:
  • asgard825
    asgard825 Posts: 1,516 Member
    Options
    Kinda the same...only everyone wins.
  • asgard825
    Options
    When I first started MFP, I used to log sex and I logged it as wrestling, lol!

Kinda the same...only everyone wins.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    No reason you can't, just make a new entry like any other work out. But not sure how many calories is in one minute. *evil grin*

Can you imagine... wearing your HRM to get an accurate number! Now that would be funny!! :laugh:

haha do it!
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options

I've done that and logged it as dancing.:smile:
  • asgard825
    Options
    [/quote]

I've done that and logged it as dancing.:smile:
    [/quote]

HA
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Been there. Done that.
    It doesn't burn as much as I thought...and that was me doing all the work! LOL
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    saw this and had to share! its pretty comical!

http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/csex.htm

Love it!!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Been there. Done that.
    It doesn't burn as much as I thought...and that was me doing all the work! LOL

As it should be... now get in the kitchen!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    This is the BEST thread.... Coffee just came out my nose!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: