Calories burned during sex

Options

Replies

• Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Brilliant. Put on your HRM and say, "But darling, I still need to burn off 200 calories today."
    . Hahaha....love it
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Well if you aren't putting it down for a significant amount of time (5 mins is not significant) I don't suggest you try to count anything. Personally, I'm focused on the task at hand at that time with my mind, thoughts, and actions focused on everyone reaching maximum incline (fitness jargon for this forum). Those discussing incorporating a HRM are clearly distracted and need to focus!!!!!! To a degree some of this a tongue and cheek response and to a degree not.
  • Pakitalian
    Pakitalian Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Ladies...saying "I am going to get my strapon"...might spook...some...guys. Just sayin.
    . CAN'T.STOP.LAUGHING. HAHAHAHAi
  • TheGlen
    TheGlen Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    When I first started MFP, I used to log sex and I logged it as wrestling, lol!

I have a friend who used to put their three-four year old in the living room with a tape on whenever they wanted to sneak off to the bedroom during the day. One day, for whatever reason, he came into the room and caught them in the act. They told him they were "wrestling", although he never referred to wrestling as wrestling, he always called it "the rock" (a popular wrestler at the time).

Long story short, many times after that when they'd come over, or I'd see them somewhere, their little one would announce, "Mommy, Daddy...the rock today" (LMAO).
  • shabounds
    Options
    I personally think they don't include it as a choice because (as the pounds fly off) our "Sexercise" totals will go up dramatically and THAT might be TMI for this site! Haha:laugh:
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    No reason you can't, just make a new entry like any other work out. But not sure how many calories is in one minute. *evil grin*

Can you imagine... wearing your HRM to get an accurate number! Now that would be funny!! :laugh:

I've totally told my hubby the next time I'm wearing my HRM! LOL
  • dadoffo
    dadoffo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Any good place to wear your HRM?
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Well if you aren't putting it down for a significant amount of time (5 mins is not significant) I don't suggest you try to count anything. Personally, I'm focused on the task at hand at that time with my mind, thoughts, and actions focused on everyone reaching maximum incline (fitness jargon for this forum). Those discussing incorporating a HRM are clearly distracted and need to focus!!!!!! To a degree some of this a tongue and cheek response and to a degree not.

Um, I am VERY focused to my weight loss! VERY FOCUSED!
    I think many just meant it jokingly. Sheesh. I would totally wear my HRM just out of curiosity. How does that make me distracted or not focused?
  • LazyDaise
    LazyDaise Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to consider sex an exercise? Do you log your weekly shop as 30 minutes of walking, slow pace?
  • danniellexxx
    Options
    check on this website; http://www.healthdiscovery.net/links/calculators/calorie_calculator.htm and then just add it in!!
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    When I first started MFP, I used to log sex and I logged it as wrestling, lol!

Very nice. I'm stealing that idea! :)
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    do your thang, eat some dark chocolate and call it even. lol.

Love it! I usually drink a glass of wine and call it even.

I kind of feel like counting calories after sex makes it more work and less play. Sure, if I'm faced with a choice between working out and sex I'm going to choose sex but I'm not going to try to justify it. I'm just saying, that's what I'd rather do.

For those of you curious about calories burned during sex and foreplay this calculator separates them.
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
    Here is a website to calculate it...I burn 253 calories in 30 minutes!
    This must be a male thing...lol...my boyfriend is the one that found it.
    He thought I should know!

bump for later. looooove it.
  • reneeileen
    reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    No reason you can't, just make a new entry like any other work out. But not sure how many calories is in one minute. *evil grin*

Can you imagine... wearing your HRM to get an accurate number! Now that would be funny!! :laugh:

Sexy aerobics instructor?

BTW does lube have calories?
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    saw this and had to share! its pretty comical!

http://www.c4vct.com/kym/humor/csex.htm

HAHAHHA!
  • ItWillHappenIn2012
    Options
    So what about when you're "flying solo", anyone got the calorie burn for that? :tongue:

Sure beats going to the gym! :laugh:
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    That's funny that someone else was thinking that too! When I first became a member I put "sex" in too and it gave me no result! I wonder? They need to figure something out because that is the best workout you could get! lol:bigsmile:

Yep, even my Dr says so.
  • mumof5
    mumof5 Posts: 328 Member
    Options

my hubby and i were joking about that the other night - havent done it yet but it would be interesting!!! RATFLM#AO!!!!!
  • tyra47
    tyra47 Posts: 97
    Options
    THIS FEED IS TO FUNNY! I LIKE LISTING AS A WRESTLING MATCH. TOO FUNNY.
    I BELIEVE I WILL WEAR MY :laugh: HRM TONIGHT TO SEE THE RESULTS.LOL