Beginners Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    Well, my sister has decided that she wants to do weight watchers and has the mindset that she can't do weight watchers and MFP. However, I am trying to convince her to do the diet and use MFP as her "meeting" so she can stay motivated. We'll see if it works! I have also invited my best friend to join MFP, so hopefully that will work also. She's always telling me that she wants to lose weight but can't seem to find the time!
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    cpafford79 that's awesome! I'm glad to hear you're trying to help others out. Joining MFP is very life changing and totally worth it. Good luck to your sister and your best friend! :flowerforyou:
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    Thanks I love all the positive encouragement!:blushing:
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    Please do join us....there is power in numbers. Can I add you as a friend?
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    cpafford79 let your sister know that I just cancelled my membership to WW, wasn't the motivation I needed. I am so excited about the out pouring of encouragment.
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Hi everyone, I would absolutely LOVE to join if that's ok. I've just started my weight loss journey yesterday and need to get moving! This is just what I need, I too am always more motivated to do things when I know someone else is depending on me!
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    By all means, Arienna, join us!!! Good luck on your new lifestyle journey!! :flowerforyou:

btw, I absolutely LOVE your AV!!! :bigsmile:

Cheers, :drinker:
    Deborah
  • Arienna
    Options
    Thanks haha, its so cute :laugh:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    haha i agree. the pup made me smile hehe adorable.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, Ok tomorrow is Friday! Are we all ready to walk ? I am ! I'm ready to start walking again and will do my 2 miles in the morning. :smile: Go walkers- Go walkers- we can so do this !!!!!!! Cindy :heart:
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, Ok tomorrow is Friday! Are we all ready to walk ? I am ! I'm ready to start walking again and will do my 2 miles in the morning. :smile: Go walkers- Go walkers- we can so do this !!!!!!! Cindy :heart:

Oh I have my walkin shoes all ready!!LOL :happy:
  • Arienna
    Options
    I'm sooo ready to get walkin today! I'm hoping it will finally stop raining long enough to enjoy the weather outside sometime today so I can go on a walk with my daughter. Goodluck everyone!!

~Ari
  • stratdl
    Options
    Woo-hoo! Go us!!!!!

:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I walked:
    50 minutes on Day 1-Wed 5-27
    40 minutes on Day 2-Thurs 5-28
    40 minutes on Day 3-Fri 5-29

Lost a half a lb
    :smile:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Hi guys, I just did my first 2 miles for the day !!!!! I am so glad to be back to walking ! I'll post my totals for the day after I walk my 2 miles tonight. How is everyone doing? Kidvicious way to go !!!! Cindy :heart:
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. I will walk 2 miles after work. I bring my clothes to work change in the restoom and meet my sister and mother at the park. Even if they don't come I will walk solo. Now I feel like I have to walk to report back to my new "Sisters in Sweat". Have fun and don't give up!
  • TexasMom
    TexasMom Posts: 70
    Options
    I'd love to join this group. You're all so encouraging and motivated. I love it!!!

For this week -

Walked 40 mins Day 1 - Tues May 26
    Walked 40 mins Day 2 - Wed May 27
    Walked 50 mins Day 3 - Thurs May 28

Lost 2 lbs this week :bigsmile:

Blessings to all,
    Nita
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    Ok ladies this is it....Let the walking begin. I am doing my walk this evening. Lets go us!:happy: :drinker: :wink: :laugh:
  • stratdl
    Options
    Welcome Nita!

Today is my cardio day off--but I will walk tomorrow (I'm hoping for 45 minutes or so)!

Cheers to us! :drinker:
    Deborah
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm going on my walk in a few hrs! I have a question for anyone who knows.....how do you know how fast you walk? When I log it in, it says 3,4 or 5 miles. I'm not sure what to put.....I walk really fast but don't want to give myself too much credit!lol :wink:

:flowerforyou: