Singles???

Options

Replies

• CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Single here as well.

Am not doing the change to get back into dating or find myself another SO, I've actually am just out of a wonky relationship and I have realised that I need to get working on myself if I don;t want to follow the family history in medical terms. Also, there are a couple of things on my bucket list and I know I am bs-ing myself if I believe I could do those without losing weight and getting fit first
  • Munchi8175
    Munchi8175 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Haha, I love the whole pissing off the ex thing. Secretly, that's what In was thinking about my future skinny self and my ex too! <blush>
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm the single mother of a 20 year old that will be leaving the nest on 2/14... Then I'll be celebrating 40 fab years of life in March. I started working out because it's the only thing in my life I could totally control. Plus it evens out my temper and I'm not a flamin witch when I do.... Like the OP I'm also in Atlanta....which is single women's hell.... The whole 20 men to 1 woman thing....
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Single as well! I do get interest now I've lost all my weight though. Can be a little more picky now and find a nice quirky girl for me :)

23 Manchester uk!
  • Munchi8175
    Options
    Recently single (as of maybe a week ago). Have been doing this for myself the entire time, and when asked (I say asked but I think he was more telling me then asking) to give up fitness, diet and choose him over my full time job, I told him to take a hike. A) I plan to work for a living not feed off of other peoples tax money (not saying that there's anything wrong with that before I offend someone just I think there's something really wrong with it when I have no disabilities that make it acceptable other then laziness, and that's not acceptable) and B) I have been getting fit for myself and when asked to give that up for a "healthy" relationship, no thank you, no relationship is healthy if I have to give up on myself and focus entirely on someone else. I'm not babysitting anyone.

Good for you! I agree that those kinds of demands are probably indicative of an unhealthy relationship and you are better off not being part of it. :happy:
  • calvert6183
    calvert6183 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Single...not because of how I look (not being arrogant just saying lol) but because I have a serious problem. I always, always wait for the perfect girl...and three months ago I thought I met her..I was careful, I was worried what she thought of me, if she wanted me too...and a few days ago I was honest with her and learned that she didn't want much more than what we already have, that she doesn't want a serious relationship or anything, and being not an idiot I understood that meant "I like you, but not that much, and not enough to be serious but I'll still get with you"...so the girl I had put so much thought, effort, and time into basically told me I'm not worth her time (I don't blame her for being honest, she is still amazing in my eyes)

Sorry for venting, but I had to get that out to somebody, I feel like my head is going to explode. Being a guy it's tough to get personal with your friends without their opinion of you changing..I just don't know what the **** to do with that now, do I continue pursuing the girl I honestly like so much and can't stop thinking about with the highest potential status being "getting with her" and maybe prove to her otherwise, or do I be honest with her and tell her I want more and basically end it...and let her go..

Im sorry you had to go through that. It sucks, I know. Its like you are a very nice guy and she is a very nice woman. The problem is, alot of times, nice guys end up in the friend zone and once in, your screwed. If a woman wants more then you will know she wants a relationship, ask any bad boy. They will tell you that if she is into you, you will know it and wont have to wonder. Keep your head up and move to the next. She is either into you or not, it cant be forced. Just be careful, I know some might get mad by my post but there are alot and I mean alot of good women (It seems the church girls are the worst or maybe its just in the South) that only chase bad boys. You dont want to be the first guy she dates after one either. Plus, keep in mind, you ar young. Women today want to settle down in their late 20s and early 30s now.
  • AJCatastrophe
    Options
    I'm single! I'm a firm believe that I have to be happy with myself before I can expect someone else to be happy with me, so I'm trying to make a change. Not the only reason I'm losing weight, but hey, can't hurt, right?
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    23 and single with two cats. I'm too young to be a cat lady but I consider myself in training hahaha!
  • single, 22 years old...some women think im a very single minded person because I powerlift for fun and training to compete this year, and most of my happy days involve me breaking a personal record. I guess they just don't see that it takes alot of dedication to push yourself as hard as you can to do what you love to do!

Im already fit according to the average joe, but Im trying to take my body to the next level and get shredded to 5-6% bodyfat :) feel free to add me
  • cattracy0829
    cattracy0829 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Single and Dating here...
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Single...not because of how I look (not being arrogant just saying lol) but because I have a serious problem. I always, always wait for the perfect girl...and three months ago I thought I met her..I was careful, I was worried what she thought of me, if she wanted me too...and a few days ago I was honest with her and learned that she didn't want much more than what we already have, that she doesn't want a serious relationship or anything, and being not an idiot I understood that meant "I like you, but not that much, and not enough to be serious but I'll still get with you"...so the girl I had put so much thought, effort, and time into basically told me I'm not worth her time (I don't blame her for being honest, she is still amazing in my eyes)

Sorry for venting, but I had to get that out to somebody, I feel like my head is going to explode. Being a guy it's tough to get personal with your friends without their opinion of you changing..I just don't know what the **** to do with that now, do I continue pursuing the girl I honestly like so much and can't stop thinking about with the highest potential status being "getting with her" and maybe prove to her otherwise, or do I be honest with her and tell her I want more and basically end it...and let her go..

Im sorry you had to go through that. It sucks, I know. Its like you are a very nice guy and she is a very nice woman. The problem is, alot of times, nice guys end up in the friend zone and once in, your screwed. If a woman wants more then you will know she wants a relationship, ask any bad boy. They will tell you that if she is into you, you will know it and wont have to wonder. Keep your head up and move to the next. She is either into you or not, it cant be forced. Just be careful, I know some might get mad by my post but there are alot and I mean alot of good women (It seems the church girls are the worst or maybe its just in the South) that only chase bad boys. You dont want to be the first guy she dates after one either. Plus, keep in mind, you ar young. Women today want to settle down in their late 20s and early 30s now.

If the women you pursue only want bad boys then I question your taste in women :/
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Single as well! I do get interest now I've lost all my weight though. Can be a little more picky now and find a nice quirky girl for me :)

23 Manchester uk!

Haha! I'm looking for a nice English gentleman. :)
  • slayerdan
    slayerdan Posts: 193
    Options
    Single in central Florida. Always looking for new peeps to hang with.
  • Munchi8175
    Options
    I guess I will throw my name on the list too. I am 36, divorced, 3 kids and live in Western New York. I am not losing weight to find a guy, keep a guy, or attract a guy. I am losing weight to be healthier for myself and my kids, but mostly because I need to lose weight so that if I am a bone marrow match I can be a bone marrow donor for my sister and hopefully save her life Corny but true! Just joined MFP and looking for friends so feel free to give me a shout! :flowerforyou:
  • nurse_chris
    Options
    Single, but losing weight more to compete with all the youngin's in my program. They can tease me I'm old, but they've gained the freshman 50 and I'm still smarter :)
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    Single, but still living with and fooling around with my ex. I'm taking 22 credits a quarter in school so no time for a big girl relationship right now anyway. I'm young and awesome, so I'll figure it out eventually, but now is not my time... and if I don't find mister right, I'll just get a dog for company and a booty call for... you know (in fact, now that I'm thinking about it, that sounds pretty perfect.
  • sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm single, was dating but we split up last summer. I've got an 11 year old son though, so dating a challenge!
  • RossMc90
    Options
    I'm single, Newcastle, UK :)
  • carlie_carl
    Options
    SIIIIINGLE AND READY TO MINGLE :-P sorry. . . couldnt resist, ahem....im single......its pretty obvious why lol