when DID this becomer more attractive?!?! (pic.....i hope)

Options

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Keira and Nicole look great I think. Keira's abs look nice! She is naturally thin

Some people are naturally thin like that. Some struggle with disorders. I don't say "look how unattractive fat people are!!!" and im not going to do the same to the opposite end of it either.

May not be what I want to look like, but to each their own
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    Try looking at Emily Browning in Sleeping Beauty... She looks like she's going to break at any moment.
  • tlynnweb
    tlynnweb Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you aren't wanting to look like the top row but I"m worried because you only eat about 950 calories a day
    Eat girl!!! You are beautiful---
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Hopefully you aren't wanting to look like the top row but I"m worried because you only eat about 950 calories a day

I just noticed this too.. took a peek.
  • amonkey9
    Options

yeah I had done that by mistake (before MFP) so now I'm trying to correct it :tongue:
  • dancingincircles84
    Options
    This is kind of mean. While I think anorexia or any eating disorder that leaves a girl skin and bones is sad and just as unhealthy as obesity I will not bash on skinny women. I'm naturally built like the top row of girls. I work out, lift weights and eat balanced and well. I was thin even when I didn't work out, eat well or give two sh*ts about my body. I have been teased and ridiculed my entire life about it and honestly pictures like this are as mean spirited as someone saying mean and hateful things about fat people.

Both rows of women in that picture are beautiful in their own ways. If any of the celebrities have eating disorders then I feel bad for them but I will not trash talk them.
    I agree with you fully.
    I'm naturally built like the top row of girls too. When I stop working out I lose weight and when I work out I gain weight but I always stay the same size. My 12 year old sister told me I have no curves yesterday (she has more curves than I do) but there's nothing I can do about it.
    You're 100% right that they are beautiful in their own ways. Beauty doesn't depend on a size.
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Great reminder! Thanks for posting.
  • WonderKP
    WonderKP Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    yeah, the older hollywood ladies actually look more muscular! ,still look 'small' to me, just better shaped!
  • missfluffyuk
    Options
    AHHHH!! I love this I did a paper on body image for a psychology class a few semesters ago and I found out some seriously interesting stuff. Did you know that the average female model is 5ft 9in and wears a size 2, while the average american female is 5ft 6in and wears a size 10? Yet the Model look (ie suuuuuper gaunt and skinny) is the look everyone seems to pine over. It is so unattractive to be skinny to the point where people can see your ribs and bones. NEWS FLASH!!! Most guys like girls with a bit of meat on their bodies and some curves too!!!

I have wide hips and am really proud of them!!( ps: my boyfriend likes em too :tongue: )

This is rude and hateful. You could see my ribs when I was 9 months pregnant and I wasn't unhealthy or too thin then. Just think before you speak. You don't want skinny chicks telling YOU what men consider sexy, so what makes you think that ripping on skinny chicks is okay?

I'm overweight and you can see my ribs, hip bones, collarbones... See my from the back and I look skeletal. I can't help it that I don't carry weight on those areas.
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Man, if Bettie Page wasn't dead I'd soooo be in jail for stalking her...
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    AHHHH!! I love this I did a paper on body image for a psychology class a few semesters ago and I found out some seriously interesting stuff. Did you know that the average female model is 5ft 9in and wears a size 2, while the average american female is 5ft 6in and wears a size 10? Yet the Model look (ie suuuuuper gaunt and skinny) is the look everyone seems to pine over. It is so unattractive to be skinny to the point where people can see your ribs and bones. NEWS FLASH!!! Most guys like girls with a bit of meat on their bodies and some curves too!!!

I have wide hips and am really proud of them!!( ps: my boyfriend likes em too :tongue: )

Also...at their peak, models like Cindy Crawford, Beverly Johnson, and Christie Brinkley were about a size 6 -- today they would be plus sized models.
  • venustaurus
    Options
    Don't know if was already commented here, but skinny looks sick. Just sick.
    I like curves.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    While my personal attractive thoughts go to the bottom row, I'm not sure I understand why it's ok to critique the "skinny" women this way? Would anyone be as accepting of this picture if it questioned the attractiveness of someone larger?

Thank you!!! Agree 100%.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I like curves.

Would it be okay for someone to say curves look fat, just fat? No, I don't think so.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Getting soooo sick of these threads.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I don't think it's fair to use Kiera in these sorts of comparisons, because she's naturally that thin, and these sort of posts make it sound like her natural self isn't beautiful... which is an insult like someone picking on someone because they're bigger than average. But I do think the older pics are more attractive :flowerforyou:

Agreed on the Kiera point. She's also got some wicked abs in that picture, which means she's skinny fit, not skinny fat like the others.
  • finding_my_way
    finding_my_way Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I like curves.

That's your OPINION...in my OPINION fat looks unhealthy. We are all sexy in our own right
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    Getting soooo sick of these threads.

they never end
  • jellybaby84
    jellybaby84 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I think all 8 girls look far better than the vast majority of the population. Don't see any reason to bash any of them.

Also, apart from Marilyn, I think a lot of the difference is in clothing, posing and lighting. There's certainly not much to choose between the top row and the first of the bottom row.

Keira Knightley has my ideal fantasy body shape.
  • Elfinmajic
    Elfinmajic Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It's not. Period.