T.H.E. (Trying Hard Every day) Team - Week 17

Options

Replies

• pinkyjane48
    pinkyjane48 Posts: 81
    Options
    I'm New!! (well to this thread, hehe)
    I just finished week 2 of getting in at least 30 min of cardio 5 days a week. Before that I did 2 weeks of 3 days. I track it on my calender and this month (May) is much better than last!!

manda1111 - SW198, GW135, CW 177 = 1lbs loss
    indianagranny sw216.2/gw160/cw188.2 - no gain no loss
    indianagranny sbmi31.6/gbmiunder29/cbmi3o.4 same
    stillkristi sw 461/gw 195/ cw 396 - 5 lbs lost YAY!!!!!!!
    stillkristi sbmi 66.1/ gbmi under 60 /cbmi 56.8
    prayerfulmom-sw277, GW 164, CW234.6=-.4
    cyndeebee - SW: 136 GW: 115 Last week: 131.6 CW: 130.5 - 1 pound lost
    BMI Last week - 24.1 CBMI: 23.9
    adopt4 - SW 273/GW 165/CW 240.5 - 1pound gain
    BMI same
    Losingit4good- SW 251/GW 175/ Last week 219.2/ CW 217.8 Lost 1.5 pounds this week
    SBMI 30.2/ CMBI 29.7
    Melina~ SW: 150/ GW: 135/ CW 150/Lost 0.2 lbs since Monday. hehe
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Well, the cake is all finished and it didnt take me long at all to decorate.... about 3 1/2 hours since the cakes were already baked. Morgolis is rather pleased with how it turned out.

Two, two layer stacked cake. The top is carrot cake and the bottom is dutch chocolate with strawberry filling. The whole thing was frosted with homemade cream cheese buttercream frosting which I gotta say, if you EVER need a cream cheese frosting recipe, this one is the ONLY one to use for decorating cupcakes or a cake cuz it is the BOMB! The flowers on top are made out of gumpaste.

Anyway... here's the pic....

opascake.jpg

Im off to clean up my catastrophe of a kitchen now.... :sick:
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Welcome, PJ! You've happened onto a really great group of people.

LI4G...What a beautiful cake! We needed your skills last week, when we decorated the 150 cupcakes...

I want one of your cakes when I meet my weight loss goal...
    Do they ship to Canada, without too much damage?
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Totally off-the-wall question here, but I'm curious...

adopt4...How old are your boys? I'm an adopted mommy, too, although mine is a "kindship" adoption.
    Zack is 6, we got him at 6 weeks old, adopted him when he was 18 mos old. Nate is 6ish and Nick is 3ish (not sure of their exact ages), those are the two we got from Ethiopia 8 mos ago. I'm adopted, hubby is adopted, my siblings are adopted, his siblings are adopted, my mom is adopted, etc etc on both sides of our family for 100 years that we can trace...
  • adopt4
    Options
    Welcome, PJ! You've happened onto a really great group of people.

LI4G...What a beautiful cake! We needed your skills last week, when we decorated the 150 cupcakes...

I want one of your cakes when I meet my weight loss goal...
    Do they ship to Canada, without too much damage?
    You should ship YOURSELF here! :wink:
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Sorry I don't have time to catch up on the posts but wanted to add my results for this week:

BMI same
    Losingit4good- SW 251/GW 175/ Last week 219.2/ CW 217.8 Lost 1.5 pounds this week
    SBMI 30.2/ CMBI 29.7
    healthymom - sw208 gw150 cw180 lost 3 lbs (8 lbs this month)
    healthymom - starting bmi 30.3 current bmi 29.0 (lost 1.3 this month)
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    lol...I should ship myself...
    Should I travel by Express Mail???

healthymom...Way to go! You did GOOD last week.
    Actually, we all did good. Whether we lost or not, we all stayed the course...Some in spite of life's hurdles that trip up most people.
    I'm thinking of you, indianagranny...You're amazing.
    And you know that we're all here to support you.

Okay...I've got enough calories leftover today for a snack. Hmmm. What to have...
    I'm over on cholesterol, though, because of my 1 1/2 eggs. But I couldn't resist them. My sister brought them over. She has hens...Their coop is right beside her tennis court. Funny...
    Anyway, she brought me a dozen assorted eggs. One was almost pink, and 3 of them are a light BLUE. I never saw blue eggs before...
    (But they tasted like regular eggs.)
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS KRISTI, MANDA1111, PRAYERFULMOM, CYNDEEBEE, LOSINGIT4GOOD, MELINDA, and HEALTHYMOM on your weight loss this week. That is AWESOME. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Roxie and MelINDA - Welcome to this thread. I hope you check in when you can and let us know what is going on in your lifestyle change journey.

Cyndeebee - thank you for your kind words. you with your disease have been an inspiration to me. I think we are learning how to deal with the obstacles in life and get and stay healthy at the same time. There will be those times where we slip but with the encouragement and support we are continuing on.

Anita - you have Adopt4's pants - I have her shirts - oops. Busy lifes.

Adopt4 - you said it all in your post and I truly appreciate post like those. I, too, am satisfies with my weight and the fact the pounds will be coming off a little slower. But I noticed, they are coming off and staying off for the most part - may go up 2 - 3 pounds, but I work to keep it down. I want tot say too I am so proud of you Adopt4 and the progress you have made at the gym. I love reading your posts and successes there. KEEP IT UP GIRL.

LI4G - your cake is beautiful.
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    Dang; I had 1700 exercise calories. I ate 1000 of them. I'm not going to eat the rest. Crazy huh.
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    BMI same
    SBMI 30.2/ CMBI 29.7
    healthymom - sw208 gw150 cw180 lost 3 lbs (8 lbs this month)
    healthymom - starting bmi 30.3 current bmi 29.0 (lost 1.3 this month)
    nitag: SW 220/GW 145/CW 187 - No loss except the 3 lbs I gained from being a boozer last weekend

No I don't have Adopt4's pants, I need to send her mine but I keep forgetting...

I am going to have size 16 available soon to pass around..
  • indianagranny
    Options
    That is what I meant Anita - I still haven't sent her my shirts.
  • adopt4
    Options
    Well send 'em on, people! I now have 5 shirts, 3 capris and 2 pairs of shorts to last me all summer....after my shopping trip to Kohls... :tongue:
  • adopt4
    Options
    nitag: SW 220/GW 145/CW 187 - No loss except the 3 lbs I gained from being a boozer last weekend

That's totally water weight, BTW, if you were drinking alcohol, you got dehydrated, and then your body started storing water... unless you like TOTALLY drank yourself stupid and somehow managed to consume 10,500 calories OVER your maintenance calories!!! If you did that was some dang party!!!
  • cyndeebee
    Options
    Good morning, Fellow Teamies...

I'm heading to a town-wide yard sale this morning. Got to love them...
    Maybe I can buy more "stuff" to put in my already-crowded house...
    Which would be okay, since next weekend, I'm going to a yard sale in my parents' town...and I'm selling off (hopefully) the stuff I'm getting tired of.

I live for yard sales...

(Also...because of my home business. I have to live up to the name of "recycle artist.")

Anyway, here we are at the start of another week. Hoping to lose another pound this week. That will get me out of these nasty 130s...
    But already, I feel 10 times better than I did a month ago.

Later...
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    I so love reading your posts ladies. I love the weight loss successes. I love the 'team' coming along side those who are struggling or calming those who must certainly have had water fluctuation. I love the heart warming stories. Just a great bunch of ladies (not sure where the men went gonna have to check in on them). Maybe there is too much estrogen on this board:tongue:
    I posted a picture under my profile finally. I don't know why I don't want my picture broadcast.
    I have a day planned with a huge church picnic today full of games and food. I suppose I better get out for a run so I can enjoy some moderation today. Moderation is the key for me.
  • indianagranny
    Options
    Good Morning

Prayerfulmom - I agree with your post so much. And good picture of yourself on your profile. Keep up the good work and checking in on here. I like reading your posts.

Cyndeebee - I think our town rummage is today also. Gonna have to get moving and see cause I am needing a few things to tie be over.

Lulu - you be careful coming home. Know you have been working and helping out this trip but hope you have enjoyed it

Sheila - I missed you posting yesterday afternoon girl.

DWray - hope as each day goes by, you are seeing improvement.

Well, I have decided to start training for either a twelve or 15 hour walk in June. It is a Cancer Relay for Walk - raising money for a cure. This has been in my mind since Thursday afternoon. It is in around June 20th I think and is either from 3pm to 6am or 6pm to 6am. You can walk as long as someone in your group or organization is walking. My work place has always had a group in it. Here is the deal though - for me to do this - I will start when the walk starts and with the exception of bathroom break - I will be walking at the end. At least that is what I am hoping for as of right now.

Also, I was puttering around the house early this morning and measured my ankle, I have dropped another 1/2 inch there. I knew my new ankle bracelet had slid down. So I decided to try on a pair of regular (no stretch material in them) capris size 14 I have hanging on the closet door to inspire me. I got them on and button. A little tight yet but all the more encouragement to get off my rear this week.
    So there is smiles in this household. Gotta run to Walmart to get groceries - be back later
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good Morning..

Kristi.. Yeah for you.. I'm so super proud of you.....

Prayerfulmom it's nice to see your pretty face.. At first I was weirded out by putting my face on here but what the heck.. I think a lot of it is I'm just not happy with me but thats my issue..

Indianagranny - size 14 yahoo.... I love reading your posts now as much as Kristi's and Cyndeebee's.. Oh and lets not forget Sheila, Adopt4 and LI4G... All the other's too..

I agree about the men who come and go.. I think our sisterhood of the traveling pants bond has scared them off.. I don't think they want our capris....

I am going to make a promise to myself that there is no more weeks like last week.. Oh man no more drinking... and no more over eating.. I think WHY I've lost 33 lbs and I don't want to blow it now...

I am off to my grandson's preschool graduation today.> Everyone stay focused and strong and drink drink drink that water...

Anita
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hello team! Nita, good to hear the resolution in your voice! You are so right, you are halfway to your goal, no point in back tracking now! And, thanks for your support, always! It means a lot. So, here's to water drinking! :drinker:

Prayerfulmom - so good to finally see you! And I agree with Nita, very nice pic! You really are inspiring to me. Your faith is a wonderful example to follow.

Lisa, I agree with Nita, size 14 is wonderful! And, its really nice that you are in a place where you feel good in your own skin. Thats a great blessing that many people seek after.

Cyndee - good luck at the yard sales, and more importantly, good luck losing your pound this week.

Kelli - gotta thank you again for the fun clothes! Your such a great friend. Nothing but success to you, my dear!

Cyndi - seriously, what a cake! And, what an inspiration you are!

Lulu - get home girl, we miss you! So glad you had a good trip. Looking forward to catching up soon!

Jamie, thinking of you, have a safe trip!

Sheila, ok, girl whats up today? Are you back in your routine? Lets hear how things are going! And, thanks for a very nice happy dancer!!!

Dwray, ditto what Lisa said - hang in there, and keep getting wicked strong in your upper body! :happy:

Chanty, it was good to see you the other day! How are the plans going?

Healthymom - I know its been said before, but you are doing so great! Keep it up.

Renayb - whats up girl! How are you doing!?

All the rest of you all, get back here and post to let us know where you are!
  • adopt4
    Options
    Good morning all. Just sent hubby and children off to the gym so I have the house to myself. Whoo-hoo! I think I'll take today off the gym, as yesterday's step aerobics was really hard. I "want" to go today but am trying to be good in taking a day off. My new schedule - Tues with trainer, strength training and cardio, Wed off, Thurs Strength training and cardio, Friday cardio, Sat off, Sun Strength training and cardio, Monday cardio. So I'm thinking maybe I'll do that aerobics class on Fridays at least, so I can take the next day off. I'm only going to get better if I keep doing it. And maybe on one of my days off I'll do yoga to stretch, that doesn't count as going to the gym, right? LOL

I am so super excited, when I went to Kohls and was trying on stuff, I fit into a size 16W in one brand. Whoo-hoo! So of course I bought two simply because of the size. They are tight but stretchy and if the pair of 18s I bought before (same brand, same type of material) they'll stretch out a lot. But I think in most brands I'm still an 18/20... I'm sticking with a few brands right now, so I know how their stuff should fit. I also tried on a size 16 petite and oh yea, couldn't get them up my legs. Didn't realize there was such a difference between W and P. Now I know. And I will notice IMMEDIATELY with the new clothes if I put on so much as an ounce, they are that borderline too tight. Which is what I wanted, so they will last, and so that I cannot go the other direction. Too funny, I went from wearing such baggy clothing to "hide" my fat and now I'm wearing form fitting clothes to show it off (even though I'm the only one that knows hey, there's a whole lot less of me here! Looky looky!)

I had 2000 calories left over last night for dinner. Not on purpose, mind you, but that workout was a LOT of cals. So rarity that THAT was, we went to Rose's Restaurant and Bakery. I had 1/3 of their famous reuben, 1/3 of their "everything" cheeseburger, 3 onion rings, and got a piece of black forest cake to take home. Ate almost half of it an hour or so after dinner. And you know what, I don't feel guilty. I went over cals with the cake (because I can't figure out how many cals are in that thing! so I'm guestimating) but not up to maintenance cals for the day. So it was a nice treat and you know what, I'm just not that into chocolate cake anymore. I have no desire for the rest of it, in fact, you could throw it away and I wouldn't care. (My boys will get it.) That's just such an odd thing for me, I"m losing my sweet tooth. The fries tempted me not at all (again, I have very happy boys today to get my curly fries.) The onion rings I ate only because I was hungry, it was the appetizer, and if I had to do it over again I'd order a little salad before the meal rather than an appetizer. Even the burger, which is similar to a Red Robin royal burger, was just ok (and I used to LOVE those burgers). The rueben was the best thing - and its such an odd taste, it's so strange that my palate enjoyed it the most.

So today the goal is to eat within my cals if I don't exercise. I may paint the rest of my dining room and get that over with so I can decorate. We hope to go to a movie later if we can find a babysitter, and see Star Trek. That will be hard, I'm used to snacking at movies. Maybe I'll take a little bag of Jelly Bellys (140 cals, 2 servings per bag) so I have the cals pre-calculated... I will let you know how I do, as I have no wiggle room today after last night's feast... so I HAVE to stay within cals.
  • adopt4
    Options
    A question, have any of you noticed with this new eating and exercising, that things aren't "moving thru you" the way they're supposed to? Think I'm having that problem (TMI, I know). Hubby says that's common with a lot of exercise, he saw it in the Marines... I am so used to having the opposite problem, lactose intolerance and all that, which have been magically fixed now, that this is a new thing for me. It's also why I wasn't concerned about the 1 pound gain... because I know that's where that one pound is.. LOL

Suggestions?