5 ft 5 - what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• mags1983
    Options
    I was 166 when I started on this. I am now 131. I seem to vary between 126-132 but I am happy with that! xx
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'5" and im looking to get down to 135, although I've never actually seen my body at this height and weight :)
    I'm about 5'6'', and I was that weight in high school. I'm a classic pear so I'm very thing on top, even at the weight I am now. I looked almost anorexic at that weight. I say don't worry about the number on the scale because your body type will come into play at some point. Personally I'm aiming for 140. (The extra 3/4 of an inch may require that for me.)
  • andreacord
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and shooting between 130 and 140, wherever I feel comfortable and my body looks best.
  • daphnegetnfit
    Options
    Between 127 and 130
  • emilydmac
    emilydmac Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    112- but its just an experiment if I can do it healthily and still feel good. I also have a miniscule frame
  • sbrooks0387
    sbrooks0387 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    my i will accept it goal is 130
    and my i will be happy goal is 120-125
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I'm shooting for 130-135. I've never been under 150 before as an adult (where I am now) so I'm not entirely sure where I want to be in the end.
  • vmbourg
    vmbourg Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Well imgoing by my bmi ( I'm a little under 5'5) so my healthy bmi weight is 145. ATM i weigh 185 and I have a ways to go. I'm more of a stockier build , when I work out I tend to get more muscular oppose to thin ( my mom and sisters ate the same way). Ideally I'd like to see myself at 135. I have set a few goals.

Per week - minimum of 1lb less than previous week
    1st goal- 179lbs for my sisters wedding this march
    2nd goal - 159lbs for a cousins wedding in July
    3rd goal- 145lbs to reach a healthy BMI
    4th goal - 135lbs for my college graduation
  • neversettle
    neversettle Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and my goal is 130-135 lbs, but that could change.
  • jenniakers
    Options
    I'm a little over 5'5", and I've been through the entire range of "ideal weight". I prefer MY body at just under 140, but that's just me. Set a realistic goal and see if you like your body when you reach it. You can always change your goal weight.
  • ImHoRnY6969
    Options
    Im 3' 7'' and my goal weight is a whopping TEN POUNDS. yes you read that correctly; im on a roll. Im at about ohhh i dont know 118 now and its rapidly decreasing. THEY ARE FALLING OFF LIKE HOT CAKES.
    Allllls youz gottaz dooz is eat ONE and i mean ONE slice of celery a day.
    Warning******Celery may contain tampons. Be aware of what you put into your mouth!!!
  • neotericisis
    neotericisis Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 1/2 Currently 200.2 and I'm shooting for 150. Once I get there I'll decide if i want to go lower. But I've always had wide hips and a muscular build so I think 150 will be fine. I've seen pics of myself when i was around 130 and i looked entirely too thin and sickly. Everybody is different.

I agree! Everyone is different. So many people get caught up in the numbers instead of what looks and feels good on them. From your pic I think 150 would be fine, I'm the same height as you, and I've always struggled to gain weight (fast metabolism), so now that I'm 120, I think an extra 15lbs would be great, any more and I think it would look weird on my small frame. Even with the same height, different weights would look best on different body types. Thanks for highlighting this!
  • bluebutterflyzz
    bluebutterflyzz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My goal right now is 150.
  • laurablwl
    Options
    My goal weight is 125 and i'm 5'4" and i am giving myself until i go on holiday in middle of June to get to goal!

709145.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • MommyMika
    Options
    My goal for now is 120lbs. I'm 130 now.
  • jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have my goal set between 140-145, I have a bigger build, and my doctor said that is a perfect weight for me, any smaller I will look sickly. My low when I was a freshman in college was 140 and I am happy at that weight. I am at 155 now.
  • mandimommy
    Options
    I am 5'5" and weighing 139. I want to get to 130. I'm wearing size 10 and am pretty toned but carry a lot in my belly. I am really struggling to get slimmer though. I weigh a few pounds less than I did before having my three kids but am not quite happy yet.
  • jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 1/2 Currently 200.2 and I'm shooting for 150. Once I get there I'll decide if i want to go lower. But I've always had wide hips and a muscular build so I think 150 will be fine. I've seen pics of myself when i was around 130 and i looked entirely too thin and sickly. Everybody is different.

You have a similar build to me, so I am shooting for the higher end also.
  • MommyMika
    Options
    I'm 5 weeks postpartum today and 139lbs. My goal is 120lbs, and I'm starting back up with fitness classes and tracking on Monday !
  • meyerstwilight6
    meyerstwilight6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My goal is between 115-120lbs. I have a very small frame, I wear a size 3 1/2 ring lol.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!