Vegetarian group. Kick-off WEEK 1

Options

Replies

• cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I just wanted to poke my head in to day hello. I hadn't noticed that there was a vegetarian group here before! I've been a vegetarian since I was 13 - about 17 years now! I still have arguments with my mom about protein, though. :wink:

Have a wonderful day! :flowerforyou:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I'm not on during the weekends...I do all my entry from work...my hubby plays WOW on the home computer...in other words I don't ever get to use it, lol.
    This weekend was not my best. Went to Ren Fest...drank 4 beers, a margarita, a glass of mead. Ate fried pickles, funnel cake, and cinnamon almonds. I was so dehydrated.
    And then yesterday...was almost as bad...lots of salty stuff...chips, pickles, drinks...not a good weekend for me. :sad:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Coutrneytree, I know exactly what you mean! :ohwell: I cook/bake a lot and it's so frustrating when I have to put in alllll the ingredients just to figure out how many cals is in the whole darn thing and then how many cals are in each serving. Blah! I wish there was an easier way.

cp005e welcome to our vegetarian group! Nice to see you stopped in :happy:

Maid, at least it was just this weekend :happy: . Today's a new day, so start off great :smile: Whenever I feel guilty, I always go do a few more exercises or stay on the bike for an extra 10-20 mins.

Hope everyone had a great memorial day weekend :smile:
    Good luck this week and stay motivated! :flowerforyou:
  • monteig
    monteig Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Coutrneytree, I know exactly what you mean! :ohwell: I cook/bake a lot and it's so frustrating when I have to put in alllll the ingredients just to figure out how many cals is in the whole darn thing and then how many cals are in each serving. Blah! I wish there was an easier way.

I am also getting annoyed at entering ALL the foods I eat a day. I make homemade meals ALL day long, and it get tiring adding in all those ingredients.

Kidvicious & Courtneytree -

Have you tried using one of the recipe calculator sites? If you tend to make the same meals at home all the time, you can just use the site to figure out the nutritional information and then save it to MFP as a custom food. I make my own vegetarian gravy, so I did that and it is so easy! They do all the work for you.

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Thanks Monteig! I could really use that site.
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hi, can I join?

Goal weight loss in lbs - 60

# of Kids (or do you want kids)- Had three wonderful step kids until the divorce, have a house full of fur-kids (2 rottweilers, 4 cats, two bunnies, a lizard, a snake, a ferrett, and a mouse)

How long have you been a vegetarian or vegan? - I have been a lacto-ovo veg for 8 years now. Meat started making me throw up - seriously, started withy pork, moved to chicken, then to steak, and finally processed meats. Now I wouldn't go back to eating it even if my body would let me 'cause of the health and environmental benefits of being veg.

Age- three days away from 32

Anything else you want to share - everyone always used to tell me there was no such thing as a fat vegetarian. boy do I prove them wrong. But I also used to strength train and was told you can't succeed in that while being a veg, and I proved them wrong there as well. :)

Good luck everyone.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Welcome Catzwitch :smile: good luck with your weight loss journey :happy:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Hey everyone! How's everyone doing today? :flowerforyou:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Hey all! Just wondering what everyone has been up to...I did a mile run yesterday on my local mountain path. My daughter and I made 'dirt cake' for her summer camp class...the only problem I had was to not eat any of it... :laugh:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Woo! way to go maid! a 1 mile run is awesome :happy: I did some interval training on the treadmill today. I walked/jogged/ran about 3ish miles. I'm proud of myself :smile:

I'm thinking of baking something today. Something low cal of course :happy: Any good dessert recipes?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Woo! way to go maid! a 1 mile run is awesome :happy: I did some interval training on the treadmill today. I walked/jogged/ran about 3ish miles. I'm proud of myself :smile:

I'm thinking of baking something today. Something low cal of course :happy: Any good dessert recipes?

Have you tried this site...it has some pretty good stuff...I keep it on my fave sites list.
    http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/vegetarian-recipes/dessert-recipes.php
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    awesome! thanks for sharing! It looks like there's a lot of really yummy recipes on there! :happy: I'm excited :smile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Haven't heard from anyone in 2 days...so I thought I'd drop a line and see how everyone is doing.
    Anyone lose more weight/inches this week?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Haven't lost anything...in fact I've gained back the two that I've lost (I'm just not going to post it yet..hehe). I believe that it's muscle mass though because I've lost an inch off my waist.

PS:I'm never on on the weekends...my hubby plays WOW so I don't get the comp at home very often. :grumble:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Maybe it is muscle mass. I would wait a week and see what the scale says before deciding to post it. Congrats on losing an inch off your waist! I love when I see inches melting away on me! haha

Hope everyone has a great monday! :flowerforyou:
  • CourtneyTree
    Options
    I havent been on (the site, or my diet) because we are traveling from Japan to California for vacation. I will probably not be around to much , threw June. Everyone keep up the good work, hopefully there will be some big changes when I come back around in July!
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Enjoy your vacation!!! Stay motivated and stick with your diet :smile: We'll see ya when you get back in July!!!
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    bump:tongue:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    leaving a good morning bump for you fellow veggies :tongue:

Hope everyone is doing well. Courtneytree has left the building :tongue: well at least til july...but I still hope everyone is keeping up with eating healthy and exercising!!!
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    aww I think we're losing a vegetarian group here guys!!! :frown:

Doing another BUMP! Hope everyone is still doing well.