What is a Food your afraid of??

Options

Replies

• LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Cereal!! I'll refill the bowl as many times as it takes to soak up all the milk! I can kill a whole box in 2 days!
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Spam...gross
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I really am creeped out by ricw pudding and tapioca (sp?)

I love chips, carb carb carb...so I try to find foods that give me a similar crunch without the empty calories and carbs
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Cheese. I could live on it. WOULD live on it if I could. If there's a big block of medium or sharp juicy cheddar sitting in my fridge I could demolish the whole thing in a single evening. I love cheese so much that it terrifies me.
  • marytf
    marytf Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Prawns, shrimps...infact all seafood... yuk yuk yuk!
    Its so not right eating anything with eyes... :sick:
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I love asparagus, you just have to boil them. Also, put some balsamic vinegar for added flavour on the side of your plate. Mmm mmm good.

Boiling any veggie tends to remove most of the beneficial nutrients than other cooking methods. Steaming is the way to go.
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Dominos Texas BBQ Pizza!

I'm new to pizza, I've never liked the stuff....

I have a daughter that doesn't like chips (hot ones, fries)!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always said she must be the only person in the WORLD that doesn't like chips lol. I even would get calls from mums when she was young and at a friends macca's birthday or something saying "Brittany reckons she doesn't like chips, isn't she feeling well today?" It freaked people out!!! I lurve chips. :ohwell:
    I hadn't actually ever tasted pizza until I was about 23 LOL. It wasn't such a big thing here to have takeaways when I was growing up. I sure made up for it after I tasted it - I lurve pizza too!!! :bigsmile:
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    I conquered my fear of the shirataki tofu noodles that everyone goes on about!

I had a pack in my fridge for at least a month... and just couldn't bring myself to try them. Everyone's biggest issue with these things was texture and the smell. I figured the texture thing I could get over, but was concerned about the smell. But i did it! I just bit the bullet, and cut the package... ya it smelled. But I rinsed them forever, and then simmered them in the spaghetti sauce for almost 45 minutes... VOILA! No smell! Tofu is like a sponge for flavours, so the simmering was key in my opinion. :)

I bought 2 more packages the next day. 40 cal noodles... yes please!

Next I'll try them in stir fry... and serve them to my picky bf and see if he notices... hehe :wink:
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    My husband just had steamed wasp's larvae in Laos, so that is my new afraid food.

He said it tasted mothy and not like chicken AT ALL.

I just can't..... how??...... and why??........
  • kendrafallon
    kendrafallon Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Pizza is like a bad relationship.

Me and Chocolate - a little is never enough....
  • pixieakabigd
    Options
    Cheese - I love it too much!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    the weird dark part on mushrooms... and also, huge mushrooms...

And tuna, but only because I'm terrified the brine will get on my fingers when I am straining it
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    My husband just had steamed wasp's larvae in Laos, so that is my new afraid food.

He said it tasted mothy and not like chicken AT ALL.

I just can't..... how??...... and why??........

Well. It was what he was served, so he ate it. Insects are consumed both as staples and as delicacies in huge numbers across the globe. Our Western proclivities mean that we turn our backs on an abundant and palatable resource and oh god, he ate wasp's larvae.

The worst thing I have eaten is raw sea urchin. Tasted like iodine snot.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Cake. I never cared about it before I started watching. Now if it's around, look out.....................
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I love asparagus, you just have to boil them. Also, put some balsamic vinegar for added flavour on the side of your plate. Mmm mmm good.

Boiling any veggie tends to remove most of the beneficial nutrients than other cooking methods. Steaming is the way to go.

According to a Harvard University study, "Cooking vegetables in water causes *SOME* of the nutrients to leach out into that same water...No matter how you slice it, vegetables are good for you pretty much any way you prepare them."
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    anything on Fear Factor :sick:
  • ffuunnnnyy__ggiirrll
    Options
    Mustard.
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Cheescake after I discovered how many calories a slice contains :(
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Zombie flesh-eating demon food with automatic weapons
  • clairabell2024
    clairabell2024 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Dominos Texas BBQ Pizza!

I'm new to pizza, I've never liked the stuff....

I have a daughter that doesn't like chips (hot ones, fries)!!!!!!!!!!!! I have always said she must be the only person in the WORLD that doesn't like chips lol. I even would get calls from mums when she was young and at a friends macca's birthday or something saying "Brittany reckons she doesn't like chips, isn't she feeling well today?" It freaked people out!!! I lurve chips. :ohwell:
    I hadn't actually ever tasted pizza until I was about 23 LOL. It wasn't such a big thing here to have takeaways when I was growing up. I sure made up for it after I tasted it - I lurve pizza too!!! :bigsmile:

My younger cousin doesnt like chips either (i <3 them too) but she would still eat waffles, smiley faces, and alpabet potato shapes.. :-S

My best friend oesnt like sandwiches, this blows my mind!!! lol incedentally the same friend who introduced me to pizza!
    d
    xx