Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Bump for newbies! :wink:
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Thanks for bumping this up!!! Definitely good info and an awesome read!!!

Thanks Tam!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thanks for bumping this up!!! Definitely good info and an awesome read!!!

Thanks Tam!
    Thank you! So glad you found it helpful! :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Hey Tam, I HAVE to ask.... 1000 calories per workout!!! What are you doing girl? Seriously though, could you share some of your routines? And how long you spend there?

My workouts are pretty lacking and lagging these days.... you've inspired me to get moving more!
    :flowerforyou:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    bump
  • karlira
    karlira Posts: 100
    Options
    Hey Tami, thanks for this incredible post. Im glad that although you've met your goal and you're pregnant, you're still here, posting so often, inspiring all of us. I see you have a lot of fans, included me of course!!!

I was wondering, just recently Mike (founder of MFP) added the feature of sharing the food diaries with others... Sooo, would it be possible for you to share your diary with us?? That would be awesome!!

Thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • karlira
    karlira Posts: 100
    Options
    bump
  • lgolden
    lgolden Posts: 164
    Options
  • lpadilla75
    lpadilla75 Posts: 154
    Options
    THanks! I needed to read this today. Perfect timing.
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    It seems like a lot of ppl are having questions about this topic... I think this is a great thread.

BUMP!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Thanks you guys!! I love hearing that it's helpful to you!! I know how daunting this can be!! :flowerforyou:

I am thinking about letting you all look at my food diary! Just a little shy! :blushing: :blushing: :laugh:
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Once again A THOUSAND THANK YOUs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Once again A THOUSAND THANK YOUs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A thousand "Your Welome's!! :wink: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hey Tam, I HAVE to ask.... 1000 calories per workout!!! What are you doing girl? Seriously though, could you share some of your routines? And how long you spend there?

My workouts are pretty lacking and lagging these days.... you've inspired me to get moving more!
    Sorry Amanda! Just realized I hadn't responded to you.

When I was not pregnant and still in lose mode...I did over an hour on the elliptical...sometimes adding more time on the one with incline. But, I worked up to level 19, random(interval) setting and I pushed myself hard....had it moving really fast and just sweat. The count actually read more but I do that thing of entering in a weight 10 lbs less than I am and then deducting 15% off of the total that displayed on the machine.

But, I had slowly worked up to doing that. Started out slow..20 min at level 3 and just kept bumping it up a notch and adding 5 min when it started to feel easier.

The key is not letting your body adjust and allowing things to get too easy. When that happens, your body isn't working as hard. Just keep it guessing and push yourself.

Now, while pregnant, I still do my hour on the elliptical at least 3-4 days a week. I don't push it quite so hard but I still burn around 650 cals. :smile:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Hey tam, where are the pregnancy update photos? You are doing great, thanks for continuing to inspire everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Hey tam, where are the pregnancy update photos? You are doing great, thanks for continuing to inspire everyone! :flowerforyou:
    Hey! Just updated it! I have popped! :wink:

And thanks again! :happy:
  • emvee
    emvee Posts: 3
    Options
    i'm sure you have answered this before but excuse me because i'm new - but how long did it take you to lose all of that weight??
  • TamTastic
    Options
    i'm sure you have answered this before but excuse me because i'm new - but how long did it take you to lose all of that weight??
    It took me about 16 months. :smile:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

Sorry Amanda! Just realized I hadn't responded to you.

When I was not pregnant and still in lose mode...I did over an hour on the elliptical...sometimes adding more time on the one with incline. But, I worked up to level 19, random(interval) setting and I pushed myself hard....had it moving really fast and just sweat. The count actually read more but I do that thing of entering in a weight 10 lbs less than I am and then deducting 15% off of the total that displayed on the machine.

But, I had slowly worked up to doing that. Started out slow..20 min at level 3 and just kept bumping it up a notch and adding 5 min when it started to feel easier.

The key is not letting your body adjust and allowing things to get too easy. When that happens, your body isn't working as hard. Just keep it guessing and push yourself.

Now, while pregnant, I still do my hour on the elliptical at least 3-4 days a week. I don't push it quite so hard but I still burn around 650 cals. :smile:

You are AMAZING!!! Congrats again, and you are looking super cute in your new pregnancy pics!

I need to change up my workouts a bit, as it is getting pretty boring, and routine, and as you said, my body has completely adjusted, and it is no longer challening.

Thanks again for the inspiration!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    You're welcome Amanda!!! :heart:

And thanks for saying I look cute with the pregnancy!! :laugh: That's good to hear when I feel like Jupiter! :tongue: