Why do you honestly want to lose weight!?

Options

Replies

• karah0011
    karah0011 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    To fit into my athletic/work clothes withough my belly sticking WAY out!

To help with my softball skills for summer season, tired of being the "fat infielder!"
  • stacey76
    stacey76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm 36 and single, never married or children...enough said...lol
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    I really and truly do want to do this for health. Don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to feel confident and not avoid things because I can't stand the way I look. But for the most part, my journey is about health. I'm tired of feeling exhausted by the simplest things. I'm tired of having no energy to interact with my children. I also know that getting diagnosed with high blood pressure at the age of 26 was a REALLY bad thing. The doctors and nurses are throwing around words like "stroke" and "vegetable" (Yeah, the receptionist at my doctor's office isn't known for her tact. LOL)... And after mulling it over for a while, I realized that this crap was serious. I'm also headed toward life with diabetes if I don't straighten myself up. These things run in my family, and they've come to affect me far sooner than I would have expected. If I'm this unhealthy now, then I am in for some serious trouble as I continue to age. So literally, I feel like I'm fighting for my life. That's what's different for me this time. I'm not just doing it because I want to be hot. I'm not just doing it because I know people probably think or say nasty things about me in public. I'm doing this so that I can live long enough to raise my children... and raise them well. Everything else is just a bonus.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    There were two main reasons.

#1) i needed to get my sugar down and off the diabetic train.

#2) it's incessantly difficult to date when you are an overweight man, at least where I live it is very difficult. I was divorced nearly ten years ago because I was a big guy and my wife did not want that anymore (I am 6'2 and at my biggest I was 272 lbs) and after the divorce it has been a very difficult and frustrating time for me in the dating pool largely because of my weight (since my divorce I have been about 235-240 lbs up until last summer where I have since dropped to 220 lbs).

I have accomplished #1. I have not really attempted #2 in a long time though I am no wonly about 10-15 lbs overweight. I have been focused on other things like playing soccer again, running, and focusing on me, and I have found as I have gotten older the emphasis on dating has actually gotten less and less and my hobbies have taken over that.

I would still eventually like to find someone who I can really have a connection with, and stark reality is that relationships are founded off of physical lust/attraction and being a fat guy precludes that, so there I go.
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    For me it is not about living healthy. I simply looked down and saw a large belly and did not like it and decided it had to go.
  • UIHS
    UIHS Posts: 1
    Options
    I want to make love to my wife without feeling self-conscious
    I want to get on a roller coaster and not have to get turned away b/c I dont fit
    I want to walk up right so I dont have to hide the fact that my chest jiggles
    I dont want to have to avoid showers b/c I dont like what I look like naked
    I want to have a pair of paints that hasnt lost its button or busted zipper
    I want a good uninterrupted nights sleep with no snoring
    I dont want to worry that I cant fit in my sit when I board an airplane
    I want to live
    I want to be free
    I dont want to be angry
    I dont want to be dependent on food
    I want second looks from a women in the grocery store
    I want peace
  • shorty35565
    shorty35565 Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    I want to love myself
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    to look good naked

because my family seems to think we're all genetically predestined to be obese.

but mostly to look good naked.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    At this point it is mostly about aesthetics, I am fitter and healthier than most people I know, including people who fit into smaller clothing than me. I want to lose this last few to look hot.
  • ZoeyRobinson
    ZoeyRobinson Posts: 301
    Options
    1. To look good naked.
    2. So I can do my marathon next year without passing out.
    3. So people will stop overlooking me.
    4. To feel better about myself
    5. So I can be a better hoop dancer.
    6. So I can wear cute clothes.

Not necessarily in that order.
  • Kathy53925
    Kathy53925 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I am not ready to die! If don't get this weight off from pushing on my lungs, I will end up dying too soon. I also want to be able to chase my grandkids and play with them.
  • Jotell
    Jotell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    My honest truth? It's because of my ex. I want to be sure that the next time he sees me he'll know he made a mistake.
    The other reason is for my daughter because I want her to be proud of me. She did a number on my body while I was pregnant, gave her up for adoption and rarely see her. I want her to know me not as a fat mom, but as the mom that works hard to achieve goals in life.
    I also hate being over looked by so many good looking guys because I am overweight. I want to be one of those girls that turns heads again. I miss that feeling!
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I honestly am not looking at the scale.

I want to be fit and strong - and have none of the health issues my father died from a few years ago. Health really IS my number one priority seeing as everyone in my family seems to kick the bucket well before they should!

Oh, and on a less serious note, it would be nice to fit into an amazing pair of jeans I have waiting in the cupboard...
  • pennyrtyler
    pennyrtyler Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Because when I look at myself in the mirror, I don't recognize the person I see, even though I've been heavy before.

Also, I've been having problems with my ovaries for a few years, and I think (hope? pray?) that if I lower my BF%, those problems will stop.
  • Megdmcda
    Megdmcda Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    to for once have someone call meskinny. be able to wear cute sexy tiny clothes.... to be where i feel sexy.........
  • bostongary
    Options
    I want to have lot's of cool woman want me and make my choice, People are first attracted to someone by looks unless they get to know you...Looks helps all day...From there i think I offer a ton and can get any girl...Thats how I want to feel. Looking sexy is important no matter what we tell ourselfs, I see a hot girl i look and go dam, I meet that hot girl and shes really nice I'm like awesome, that going for it all and that's what I want...The girl does not need to be a 10 on the out side but the more options i have the better chance to find a cool friend or more, in a girl that is..Truth...
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of being the girl that's a friend. I want to be the girlfriend! I want to walk around feeling proud of myself, and loving myself as opposed to hating the way I look.
  • Allihexen
    Allihexen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I want to feel as beautiful on the outside as I am on the inside...
  • lorijh72
    lorijh72 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    1. Good example for my youngest son!

2.. Vanity reasons, feel sexy like I use too and have my old body back!

3. Want my husband to want me even more!

4. Health is a given!

5. Run a 5k marathon!

6. Fit into fun and flirty clothes!
  • yo_sushi
    yo_sushi Posts: 77
    Options
    1) My wife and Family
    2) to keep up with these guys:
    459821_10151680890310012_1007738878_o.jpg

and
    3) Tired of being fat and the associated jibes that go with it (people think they're so fscking witty! Like I've never heard it before)