MEN ONLY: Bro code poll

Options

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Yeah dude unless you still got a flame burning for her your S.O.L, your bud does not owe ya squat seeing as how you are married and have a life of your own that ship has sailed so let it go and move on.
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I get why it may bother you a bit, however it isn't breaking any unwritten bro code. If any of that were more recent, or you were still hurting over her (which btw, thank the fates you aren't) than it's no big deal.
  • bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    No he doesn't need your opinion, and yes your wife should be pissed that you care about giving permission for someone to see another woman.

^This
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    obviously not a man sorry, but to answer, NO he didn't, and YES she does
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    NO and YES

WTF dude?
  • arnoldnagy
    arnoldnagy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Your buddy probably doesn't think anything of it. How could he know you're still carrying around unresolved feelings?
    The fact that you're concerned about it implies that you still have some feelings. Your wife should be concerned.

Arny
  • crixmix
    crixmix Posts: 30
    Options
    Ido speak to him regularly but havent spoken to her in ages. And I don't care just at least could have called and said dude I hooked up with your old girl. I mean I absolutely hope both of them hit it off.

I don't know why he wouldn't have mentioned having a girl in his life, let alone your ex. I think, my female perspective, is that he should have mentioned it, not for permission, but just to clear the air. If its no big deal, why hasn't he told you? Unless of course, he never talks about his girlfriends.
    As for your wife's feelings, you can't blame her for being hurt any more than she can blame you for feeling a little stung that your buddy hAs hooked up with your ex. just my opinion.
  • arnoldnagy
    arnoldnagy Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Ido speak to him regularly but havent spoken to her in ages. And I don't care just at least could have called and said dude I hooked up with your old girl. I mean I absolutely hope both of them hit it off.

Sorry, didn't see this post before my last one. I change my tune.

Arny
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I think bro code has a statute of limitation.
    Haha THIS!
  • rsmithy89
    rsmithy89 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yeah its been too long. He doesnt have to ask even though it wouldve been nice to keep you in the loop.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Not a man, but I just have to say, I think the "Bro code" is overrated. I mean, as a grown person, I can decide who I want to date, needing that person to ask someone who I no longer have a relationship with for persmission just seems silly.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Yes your wife has a right to be pissed that you're still hooked up on your ex! Shame on you...and your friend need your permission? Do you need his to sleep with your wife?...well back when your wife slept with you cause BRO that ship has prolly sailed for awhile ;:)
  • sarahcowley1
    Options
    i know you say MEN ONLY but iv got to leave a comment .... if i were your wife id be worrid , and why does your friend need to ask your permission ?? mind boggles :/
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    ummm NO!

and Yes ..... !!! Dude talk about an ego blow to your wife.....Thats how I would feel
  • kimoRUN
    kimoRUN Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Dude...1st off....I'd be pissed off that she didn't consult you before she got married the 1st time. I mean c'mon...she was your HS semi-serious girlfriend. She should at least respect you enough for that.

I still have my Valentine from when we were in the 4th grade consult me before she goes out on dates today. She did give me a Garfield Valentine's Card and a candy heart that said "I'm Yours" and all. A contract is a contract!
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    No he doesn't need your opinion, and yes your wife should be pissed that you care about giving permission for someone to see another woman.

THIS

I know you asked for guys to answer but seriously, he doesn't need to ask you, you're a married man now and your wife is upset because you care enough to think you should be asked.

Yeah THIS

If your married it shouldnt matter how much time has passed. Clearly your clinging to something....

Another THIS... LOL.
  • Manta909
    Options
    your buddy does not need your permission.
    The only reason your wife should be upset is because you are even asking this.
    total no brainer here
  • nacho125
    Options
    No bro code was broken since this was a while back plus your married. as for your wife being upset i see her side since why would you get upset about it unless you still have a thing for your ex from high school
  • jalapenos
    jalapenos Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    so are the 4 of you gonna go on a double date?!! lol
  • rodneypierce
    rodneypierce Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    are you sure your name shouldnt be MassiveDiva instead? JK but in all seriousness, no, neither owe you anything.