What did you/are you eating for breakfast today?

Options
I get up really early to drop the baby off at my mom's house before I go to work (I'm talking 4:30am) and on my way to work I drink 16 ounces of water.

When I get to work I immediately have a cup of coffee and an apple at 7am. Then at 9am I have 2 slices of whole grain toast with some peanut butter and a small banana.

What about you? What are you having for breakfast today?

Replies

• hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I have a fruit smoothie that I blend up every morning and a hard boiled egg.
  • likeaphoenix28
    Options
    Yogurt, banana, nutrigrain bar-probably
  • ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I usually have 3 slices of turkey bacon and a handful of nuts (almonds, cashews, or brazil nuts usually) but I am out of bacon today so it will be a protein powder shake with milk and mango.

Here is an article on the meat and nut breakfast, while I did not notice any difference in weight loss I noticed a big difference in energy and sustaining energy throughout my day; http://www.charlespoliquin.com/ArticlesMultimedia/Articles/Article/270/The_Meat_and_Nut_Breakfast.aspx
  • ChrisJ2626
    ChrisJ2626 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs (2 whole 2 whites) and two slices of whole grain toast. Usually gets me through a morning workout and holds me over until my post-workout meal.
  • almondgirl00
    Options
    Almonds and/or sunflower seeds, fish oil and maybe some fruit during the week, or fruit and cheese. Every now and then I'll have sashimi or raw oysters depending on how motivated I am to go and get them. On the weekend I like fruit salad and bacon. Yummy!
  • alliesun53
    alliesun53 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    egg white omlette (4 egg whites, all colors of bell peppers chopped, onion and a small amt of reduced fat cheese), with a 1/2 of grapefruit.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Wheat English muffin, 1 tablespoon of natural peanut butter, and a glass of skim milk. Mid-morning snack will be Fage Greek yogurt (plain) and a serving of almonds.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    2 whole eggs, scrambled with butter and milk and some mushrooms on the side :-))
  • hollin40
    hollin40 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have coffee, two slices of whole grain toast with olive oil spread, and Eggbeaters. I am going to add sliced cantaloupe or another fruit to it. It gets me through to my workout and usually, I make it to lunch without a snack.
  • Milziemooxx
    Milziemooxx Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Porridge Oats with Golden Syrup and a cup of coffee :happy: nom nom nom x
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    bran flakes topped with blueberries and strawberries and skim milk. :) i haven't found anything else (healthy anyway) that is low cal and can fill me up for hours!
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    A protein pancake , 2 slices of bacon and small bowl of oat bran with some PB2 .
  • nic0dice
    nic0dice Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Quaker Maple and Brown Sugar Weight Control oatmeal and a cup of black coffee :)
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I had a PB&J. 1 tbsp of natural peanut butter & 1 tbsp of sugar free blackberry jam on wheat bread.
  • Edphil2
    Edphil2 Posts: 21
    Options
    Three scrambled egg whites on toasted whole wheat sandwich rounds and a banana.
  • Cldum
    Cldum Posts: 5
    Options
    usually a granola bar and my coffee with a bottle of poland springs water on the side, this morning was a coffee when i woke, lofat mozarella stick at work, and now Im munching on some celery sticks....lean cuisine for lunch!
  • kardowling
    kardowling Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Fiber One 80 calorie squares with skim and a clementine (my kids ate all my blueberries) . Keeps me full for a long time.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Quaker weight control oatmeal (maple brown sugar) with a drop of creme brulee creamer. Less than 200 calories and keeps me full til lunch.
  • NuttyBrewnette
    NuttyBrewnette Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    today: quinoa (which I cooked previously) with some berries and flax seed meal thrown in.
    :smile:
  • tiffastar
    tiffastar Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Special K with Almond Milk or instant oatmeal made with water and always start the day with hot water with lemon :)