Chicken Balti :OP made from scratch

oinions chopped boiled and pureed to make the baseof the sause
    Chicken breast
    chopped oinion
    tomatoes
    mushrooms
    peppers
    tikka masala paste
    various spices (cyanne / paprika / chilli etc)

cook on low for 8 hours :O)
  • MrsBACH1986
    Options
    I've had this in http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/crock-pot-bolognese-sauce.html for almost 2 hours now and I'm really looking forward to it. Took out the pancetta, used 94% lean beef, and I'll serve it over TJ's whole wheat penne.

And can I just say how grateful I am to have found this tool, and to read everyone else's stories of success, struggle, and otherwise? I don't want to jinx it, but I finally feel like I've found the help I need.
  • Marylynn83
    Marylynn83 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Chicken Corn Chili

Ingredients:
    1 large onion, chopped
    1 lb boneless, skinless chicken
    2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
    1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
    1 jalapeno chile, seeded and chopped
    1 3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1 can (14.5 ounces each) cannellini beans-drained & rinsed
    2 tablespoons stone-ground cornmeal
    shredded monterey jack cheese

1. In a 5-6 qt slow cooker combine onion, chicken, broth, green pepper, jalapeno, 1 1/2 of the cumin, 1/4 teaspoon of the cayenne & 1/4 teaspoon of the salt. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or 6 on low.

2. Remove the chicken to a cutting board and allow to cool slightly. Shred the chicken and return it to the slow cooker with remaining 1/4 teaspoon each of the cumin and cayenne and the tomatoes, corn and beans. Gently mash some of the beans against the side of the bowl to thicken the chili. Stir in the cornmeal and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt. Let sit for a few min to soften the cornmeal. Serve sprinkled w/ a little of the cheese.

***I couldn't find Cannellini beans, but great northern beans are pretty much the same thing.

.This is yummy!! And is less than 300 calories per serving :-)
  • Maryee71
    Maryee71 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • michellecorvin
    michellecorvin Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    What kind of beef do you use? What is SE flour?
  • cburke55
    Options
    lean hamburger, stewed tomatos, green beans, corn, kidney beans, garlic, salt, and pepper: aka; vegetabel beef soup...enough for a 2 week supply....freezes well
  • Sackit
    Sackit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Please share how you do that. Fajitas are a family favorite and not done unless it is warm enough I can grill the meat. No fryin meat in my house!
  • cburke55
    Options
    Yum. what great ideas.
  • Sackit
    Sackit Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Nothing today... White Chicken Chili earlier this week.
  • emmyvera
    emmyvera Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Beef roast with garlic, onions, celery and carrots and a can of cream of mushroom soup.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Lemon & Garlic chicken. Can't wait to get home!
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Can't live without my crockpot - I use it several times a week. Just the other day I made a chicken stroganoff.

1 lb chicken breasts - boneless/skinless
    1 can fat-free cream mushroom soup
    1 16 oz container lite reduce-fat sour cream
    1 packet dry onion soup mix

Stir soups & sour cream together, pour into crock pot then submerge chicken into it. Cook on low 6-8 hours and serve over noodles or rice. My family eats the rice but personally I skip to cut down on calories. Its good enough to eat by itself with a green veggie on the side. Easy & yummy - my kids love!
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    dust.
  • mhankosk
    mhankosk Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Dust

^^ this:laugh: :blushing:
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Chicken and salsa~!
  • zoeelizabeths
    zoeelizabeths Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ladyhunter2011
    ladyhunter2011 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Beef & Beer caserole, later ill put it in a caserole dish, plop my dumplings on top and pop in the oven! Hmmmmm Dumplings!!!

please share! i have never even thought to 'start' dinner in the crock and then finish in the oven! genius!! (especially the dumpling part!!) :smile:

Litterally just browned off my beef in a pan, then bung caserole veg, the beef, what ever herbs and spices you like, oxo cube made to stock and some beer into the crockpot.

I left it on low for 5 hours or so. transferred it to a caserole dish (doesnt need a lid) mix your dumplings (all i use is SE Flour, water & herbs) place the dumpling balls on top of your beef caserole and put it in the oven for 25 mins, until the dumplings have some colour and i like the them to crisp up on the top!

Very simple, im rubbish at cooking and even i manage this one! lol

Even had compliments from the BF, and he never likes what i make!

xx

Self raising flour sorry!

If it is one that the inside lifts out it could just go in the oven, no need to dirty another dish. They are also oven proof.
    Sounds good!
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    probably dust bunnies!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    I love the crockpot I use it 1-2 x a week. last night I made chicken with stewed tomatoes with garlic basil, mesquite seasoning and black beans
  • BeUnique1207
    BeUnique1207 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bump