Nobody has noticed

Options

Replies

• firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I've lost 9 lbs and I ask my husband "can you tell a difference??" when I know he can't, and I can't....but darn it, I want that validation of working my butt off for nearly the past three weeks. I try to put thoughts like this out of my mind as much as possible, otherwise it's tempting to be like, what's the point, I've put in all of this work and there's no difference. But there is! I'm not a very patient person. :explode:
  • zeikiya989
    Options
    I have been there before i think people who see you all the time its harder to tell. With me its the opposite. I am annoyed that everyone says i look different I feel they are only saying it because they know i am trying to lose weight , not that you can actually see it. even though i do feel some cloths feeling looser, i still look in the mirror and see the same old fat me.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    When people see you daily they may not notice. My hubby cheered me on I think only because I kept telling him my weight. Then he went out of town on a 4 day business trip and when he came home he told me that he could totally see how much I had lost. He noticed more when he left for a few days!!!
  • sco8462
    sco8462 Posts: 34
    Options
    People in my office know I'm dieting and losing weight. Then someone brought out pictures from last years Christmas Party and everyone was in shock. They couldn't believe the difference AND my hair was longer. They couldn't get over how much everyone had changed, they just needed to see the before and afters because we see each other every day, it's hard to notice. I didn't notice two other coworkers had lost weight, but from the pictures they had lost a lot. I would have thought I would notice, but nope.
  • kekeBme
    Options
    I know how you feel. The same thing has happened to me. Stay strong and vigil, you do this for you. Soon, people will notice, trust me
  • FORIANN
    FORIANN Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    No worries. You're doing this for YOU...not for other people. :)
  • veobrien
    veobrien Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    "I feel drastically different. Better outlook, wearing nicer clothes, happier. Even my hair looks better. "

That's a MILLION times better than a one liner from anyone - Let's face it, that would only affirm what you already know!

Chin up! Keep focusing on doing it for you! ;-)
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I know so many people who can lose 5 or 10 lbs and everyone can tell right away. I am also not like that. I am now heading on the 30lbs loss mark, and its only been the last few pounds that people have started to notice. I guess the good thing about that is that maybe they hadn't noticed when i was gaining that weight before either!

People will notice, eventually. Give it time and focus on how fantastic you feel and the changes you notice!
  • Lanna74
    Lanna74 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Just keep going!

bodychange-1.jpg

Btw, I've been at it for three months (I only have 10 lbs to lose) and my husband (who has about 40 lbs to lose) started two weeks ago. Last weekend I told my sister how we were both working out and eating better. Her exact words were, "I can tell HE has!"

I'm just going to keep it up! =)
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    A popular quote I've heard around here is this:

It takes 4 weeks for you to notice a change in your body.
    8 weeks for your friends/family to notice a change in your body.
    12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice a change in your body.

KEEP IT UP! Give yourself another 4 weeks. Mix up your routines and start strength training (if you don't already).

Congrats on your loss!
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    For me, people noticed that my clothes were starting to sag. So if you buy new clothes they may not notice as quickly.
  • gottagethealthy
    gottagethealthy Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ohh I feel your pain. I have been going thru the same thing. All thru the holiday's no one has said a word and then we had a family shower and still nothing. So yes we are doing this for ourselves it would be nice if someone noticed but heck with them. I have now turned it into a challenge to myself to see how much weight I will lose before someone notices. I have 4 family wedding's this year and I plan on being smaller for each one. In my family I have always been the biggest so I am looking foward to family wedding pictures when I'm not. Stay on track and you will succeed.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Just keep going!

bodychange-1.jpg

haha YES! Exactly what I said two seconds after you said it! It's great advice though, truly.
  • christabeltoria
    christabeltoria Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    It took twenty five pounds before people said anything for me, and then some of them wanted to know if I'd lost weight on purpose. Some people may be thinking you are sick, and that's why they don't say anything. Your mirror and your scale are your best friends right now. Because YOU know you are looking FANTASTIC, and that's what counts for now. Congratulations on your success! Keep up the good work!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    As long as you notice. Get yourself a new fitted outfit. :flowerforyou:

Yes! You're feeling great and that's what matters! Plus, a new outfit that fits better might get more people noticing your change!!:wink:
  • Maggie_Pie1
    Maggie_Pie1 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Meanwhile, not one person has said a word. Coworkers, friends, nothing.

In the past, I have lost less weight and had people ask if I had been losing weight. I know I have much more to go, but I would have thought I would have someone notice. Ugh. :(

Well, I've lost about 90 lbs over the last year and none of my co-workers have said anything to me. But I work with mostly men, and they just don't, in general, say things like that. But, I have noticed that in the past, most of these men wouldn't hold the door for me or make eye contact when passing in the hall, that kind of thing - like I was invisible. Now, they do hold the door open, make eye contact, make conversation in the elevators, etc. So, I take that as a 'compliment' of sorts.
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    people will notice in time...what matters is what you say to yourself!! :)
  • yummummum
    yummummum Posts: 257
    Options
    I know how you feel because I went through that too!!!! But then ALL OF A SUDDEN around 20-25 pounds EVERYONE noticed.
    Also, I had not mentioned I was trying to lose weight so I think sometimes co-workers feel funny commenting on your body not knowing.

Also, are you wearing you old clothes still? It is when I went down a size and ditched my old baggy clothes for fitted that people started commenting.

Stick with it. It will come.
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Agree that people that see you every day dont notice the drastic changes. I work in the school system....I started in MArch.....and I had lost 15 or 20 pounds by June and noone noticed because they saw me everyday. I was down.....but then....summer came....I walked and walked and walked....and was so excited to get new clothes for the new school year. When I returned....EVERYONE had noticed!!! It took thirty pounds before those around me everyday...noticed. Dont give up or get down.....it has happend to so many of us. Wait til you go to the grocery store and see someone you havent seen for awhile! Their eyes will pop out!!! :) Keep it up!!!!: )
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    At the 15lbs mark (which I just hit recently) only two people have said something to me - a co-worker that is very fit and exercises like crazy and my friend I don't see that much who is gaining weight slowing and not like it. :smile: You will get those lovely comments soon I'm sure!