5 months, 100 pounds. How I am an achieving my goals.

Options

Replies

• Jenn638
    Jenn638 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    awesome work!
  • Susanxxxx
    Susanxxxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Well done, what a diffance :)
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    WTG! Great dedication... Hopefully, you can stay focused for the last 60lbs and keep it off!

The 60lbs is just the start, once I hit that I plan to mold my body into something. Not sure what yet. This isn't a train you can get off I plan on living my life with my new found love. Moving heavy things around in the gym. You are looking good as well. Keep on rocking it!

Mold it into a motorcycle or a boombox and then you can be a transformer!

Sadly I'd go the bad guy route.. just so I could be a jet. Then I could be like the guy in the "like a boss" music video :-D
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great Job!
  • SRD2012
    SRD2012 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Rock on - thanks for sharing!
  • NewCyn
    NewCyn Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Look at YOU!!! What an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your story and pics!
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    You are doing an awesome job! Congrats!
  • Sumijain
    Sumijain Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. It's an inspiring one. Congratulations on your achievements and best wishes for the future. :flowerforyou:

And the quote was pretty great too!
  • nigelfarnhill
    Options
    hello
    hi im nigel from england ive just done my 1st week lopst 4 pounds 42 to go just like to say your a credit you must be so proud off your self WELL DONE
  • nigelfarnhill
    Options
    hi
    amazing weight loss well done
  • shannonlynnking
    Options
    Thank you for actually posting the route you chose to lose the weight! You are so right, most people post their stories, and I love to read them, they are motivating, but I am always left with the question of HOW?! How did they lose it!? Glad you shared in such great detail!

I do have a question regarding the speed of your weight loss.....That is a lot of weight to drop so quickly! What happened to the skin that had stretched to accomodate the added fat and weight? When you lose it that fast, does it leave the skin sagging and drooping or does it manage to regain some elasticity and return to the proper shape? I am curious because I know I would never be able to afford to have any skin reconstructive surgery to tighten it up or anything, if that were the case....Thanks!

Shannon
  • jsteffen80
    Options
    You sir, are awesome.

It's great to see someone setting goals, getting the knowledge to reach them, and then attacking them head-on.
  • afalls11
    afalls11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Awesome work and dedication. It was great to read this with so much details and honesty. I appreciate it as I keep working towards my path of improving my health and fitness.
    Thanks for sharing.. Keep up the awesome work!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Thank you for actually posting the route you chose to lose the weight! You are so right, most people post their stories, and I love to read them, they are motivating, but I am always left with the question of HOW?! How did they lose it!? Glad you shared in such great detail!

I do have a question regarding the speed of your weight loss.....That is a lot of weight to drop so quickly! What happened to the skin that had stretched to accomodate the added fat and weight? When you lose it that fast, does it leave the skin sagging and drooping or does it manage to regain some elasticity and return to the proper shape? I am curious because I know I would never be able to afford to have any skin reconstructive surgery to tighten it up or anything, if that were the case....Thanks!

Shannon

My belly has drooped a bit, weights and toning really helps with that. As well as is staying hydrated. A lot of people worry about droopy skin, it will happen if you have a lot to lose, the best part is it tightens up. I'll notice my skin hangs a bit then it tightens up some. It just always seems to be a couple steps behind the fat loss. Stay hydrated, and tone your body. It may take it awhile but it'll pull itself in over time! I'll take a little loose skin over carrying around pounds of fat! Glad you joined us here on MFP. Let's rock it in 2012!
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You're doing something that works for you, and maybe it will work for others. Great job, and keep it up!
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    whoa, you put new meaning to the word " focus".............I can understand your determination, if you didn't have it, you'd still be 358 lbs.........

I started where you are, and have about 28 lbs left, I weighed less before the holidays, and unfortunately, I gained, but its all good..........I am focused, I made a resolution on Jan 1 to be back where I was 10/30/2011 and its getting closer

I applaud you, you didn't look for short cuts, but took the necessary steps to acheive your goal............I reread your post 2 times, its like reading my own stats, but my pant size is now 35 and thats about where I want to be......also, I just took my blood pressure, 114/80 and Im 56 and taking NO meds............cool, huh?

Thanks for typing that all out, Im gonig to use it when I feel I need a lift..........best wishes, Lloyd
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! Thanks for sharing all of this with us!!!!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    whoa, you put new meaning to the word " focus".............I can understand your determination, if you didn't have it, you'd still be 358 lbs.........

I started where you are, and have about 28 lbs left, I weighed less before the holidays, and unfortunately, I gained, but its all good..........I am focused, I made a resolution on Jan 1 to be back where I was 10/30/2011 and its getting closer

I applaud you, you didn't look for short cuts, but took the necessary steps to acheive your goal............I reread your post 2 times, its like reading my own stats, but my pant size is now 35 and thats about where I want to be......also, I just took my blood pressure, 114/80 and Im 56 and taking NO meds............cool, huh?

Thanks for typing that all out, Im gonig to use it when I feel I need a lift..........best wishes, Lloyd

Thanks for the kind words. These reminded me of a quote I had to go look back up and then post on my news feed as well. When I was looking for inspiration starting out I came upon this quote.

In this age, which believes that there is a short cut to everything, the greatest lesson to be learned is that the most difficult way is, in the long run, the easiest! --Henry Miller

It put things into a lot of perspective and from there my minor ocd and computer nerd need to research everything took over!
  • lgtheright1
    lgtheright1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the organized helpful information.
    Congratulations on your success! :)
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You're doing something that works for you, and maybe it will work for others. Great job, and keep it up!

Most defiantly. The key to weight loss is finding what works for you. There are many paths one can take, you just have to find the path with the scenery you like.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!