Is anyone that needs to lose 30+ pounds NOT using pills or c

Options

Replies

• ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I started in July '11 doing nothing but logging on MFP with real food and 85lbs later, I'm still truckin' w/o drugs or expensive programs and meal plans.
  • ctroxell2011
    Options
    Diet and exercise only for me, 45 pounds lost since September.
  • Thriceshy
    Thriceshy Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    No pills, no prepackaged meals, no scams, no starvation. Less "bad" foods, more veggies and whole grains, more exercise, religiously keeping track of all I eat.

Seems to be working so far.

Kris
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Made the lifestyle change here, met my goal weight in December, have now beat it, and lost 64 lbs so far, since end of February, and it was all using MFP, eating better, and exercising my butt off (literally, lol). Never once have I tried a diet pill or fad diet.
  • amaodonnell
    amaodonnell Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Sweat and blood. If I can't pick it up on my regular grocery store shelves, I don't need it. Determination is my key and so far its been working. I've known people that are/did diet pills, hCG and so on. I know it isn't healthy to lose that quickly and being in the "obese" category, if there was some miracle thing that would melt inches, I am pretty sure my Doctor would have prescribed it. You know what my Doctor gave me? A 1200 calorie and 1500 calorie diet meal plan. I am not going to spend extra on something that could seriously mess my body up.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I refuse to use pills or gimmicks. People seem disappointed when they ask me how im doing it? diet and exericise. the best way.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm here!
    I have around 50 to lose :(
  • Jarnard
    Jarnard Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I would recommend changing eating habits and exercising more. IF you want to drop weight, do some cardio and strength training. Eat 1200+ calories. Try eating back your exercise calories if you can to risk not gaining your weight back. No crash diets.. they hurt you in the long run.

I've lost a total of 57 lbs and I reached my ultimate goal this week. Now I'm setting small goals for myself. For example: lose 5 lbs, tone up, complete a half marathon, etc.

Jarnard
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    I'm nearly halfway through losing 25 kilos (50 or so pounds).

I eat in moderation and train hard. This is a lifestyle change for me and not a diet, the weight is coming off slowly and I am getting fitter and learning more about my body. I don't just want to be thinner, I want to be fitter and stronger and be able to do the things I want to do easily.

No pill or fad diet will do that for me :)
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I'm not using any diet pills or programs. Just using MFP and eating healthier.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Hop over and look through the Success Stories. No gimmicks there, just hard work. You have to track everything you eat, and exercise, and you will lose the weight.
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 87 pounds with diet and exercise. I have been maintaining over 1 year. In fact, I got a little "too thin" and had to work recently to regain about 3-5 pounds.

I do not eat 100% clean. I still eat fast food on occasion.

I have signed in every day since mid-August, 2010. I log each and every day. I do a 30-90 minute walk 5 days a week. I swim in the summer. Don't belong to a gym. Do some home exercise. That's about it.

I have some wonderful MFP friends who I look forward to helping and encouraging whenever I can.

In my opinion, you don't need diet pills. They are not going to "melt" the weight off you. The best thing is to educate yourself on what you should be eating. Study foods and set nutritional goals. Exercise at least 4 or 5 days a week. Find something that you like and stay with it. Concentrate on learning how to eat properly. Immerse yourself in the MFP program. It works!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    No pills here...All lifestyle change....This isn't a diet for me....

this
    *S*
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    This is all I hear! Go get scripts for this or do this crazy diet program, you'll lose quick!

Is anyone here trying to make a lifestyle change? Not a quick weight drop then go right back to your old weight a year later? Even weight loss procedures have been recommended! I feel like Im alone on this where I am from. Pills seem to be the main stream...

Anyone here doing this with good honest hard work and not relying on some gimmicks?

Me! I'm just eating healthier and exercising!
    Lost 38 so far, looking to lose another 30-40 :)
  • sarah32lee
    sarah32lee Posts: 5,279 Member
    Options
    I'm just doing it the old fashion way eating right and exercise!! No pills no gimmicks!!
  • susanhiebert66
    Options
    It has to be a lifestyle change for me. Im a junk food junkie, and chocolate, especialy mc donalds frapes are myweakness. i have to admit that i do like fastfood. I know that if i diet and i tell myself i can no longer have these things that i will fail. im trying to teach myself that i can have them, but the small instead of the large and i have to earn them by exercising. Im not a big veggie eater either so im working on that too. The bottom line for me is take it off slow, learn from my mistakes and keep it off.
  • gingermax
    gingermax Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    As a nurse who has had to take care of many pts who used pills like phen-phen, I say, stay away from all those pills. You have no idea what kind of damage is being done to your body that you can't change later on down the line. Just watch what you eat and exercise. Take care of your body, You didn't put it on in one day and you won't take it off that way either! Good luck. :heart:
  • CBM23
    CBM23 Posts: 36
    Options
    Lost 10 pounds so far, 40 more to go. And I'm definitely going for a legit life style change, that will last me a lifetime :)
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    No pills or gimmicks here...................
  • luvmybaby333
    Options
    I'm here. I've had plenty of opportunity to go with one of the "quick fixes". But I don't just want to lose weight fast. I want to be healthier. I want to avoid unnecessary medications. I want to be able to maintain my weight-loss for the rest of my life. So slow and steady it is. :-)