Is anyone that needs to lose 30+ pounds NOT using pills or c

Options

Replies

• AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Definitely a lifestyle for me. Just trying to make better choices and be active,for life,otherwise i'll just end up back where i was. Also ,i've always failed on restictive/extreme Diets because they were unable to sustain long term. This has been the most success i've ever had in a lifetime of trying. Good luck and i offer you any support i can give!
  • Lothiam
    Lothiam Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am down 30 lbs exactly today from my highest and have about 8-10 more to go and no diets or pills. Just tracking what I eat and substituting healthy options for non-healthy and dropping almost all fast food/eating out as well as adding running and other exercise.
  • Uhmanduh
    Uhmanduh Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm not using anything :) just good ol fashion hard work :)
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP in April of last year and I didn't want to use diet pills or quick tricks... I came on board knowing it was a lifestyle change, I was tired of the wieght roller coaster I've been on since high school. I have had better results with proper eating and consistent workouts than I ever had using a diet pill.
    I believe it is the healthiest thing you can do for your body, I feel great, and even though I allowed myself things I would not normally eat through the holidays the impact to my waist line was minimal... I have lost 85 pounds in 9 months without any diet pills, surgery, or quick fixes...just diet and exercise.

It really works...:o)
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I've never heard one post about using pills. I guess I'm in a pretty great group of people. Good luck to you.
  • Yes,my butt is at the gym 3 times a week.It is work,but it is paying me.I love the energy level I have now,my husband works out with me or at least in the same gym.We walk in together,get our work done and walk out together.It has encouraged me to stay focused on the main thing,ME,MY HEALTH!.Another thing that helps me is realizing this is about my life,how I want to live here and how good or bad I choose to feel,everyday.There has definitely been a shift,becasue I just won't allow myself to give me excuses.We are Winners and we deserve to live a healthy lifestyle.I like accountability of some sort and logging what I eat,my workout,how much water I drink,my multivitamin,this all helps me keep moving forward.I hope this helps you,you can do it without the pills,they kill the body in the long run.I have tried it all,oever and over and this time,I am buddying up with a support system and group and we are getting it done,together!Blessings1day at a time,if I slip,I dust myself off and start fresh,when I wake up.My intention is to complete my goal of loosing 75lbs. by September 15,21012.
  • mandyjohns
    Options
    No diet pills for me either. I think every single mfp friend I have is working toward a better lifestyle. A good book to read is called EAT TO LIVE by Dr. Fuhrman. It's a different way to look at food. I certainly stuggle. Food is an addiction for me. I have a hard time, but it is about sticking to a healthy routine with both food and exercise. I wish you luck! And good for you, not wanting to take the easy way out. It's taken me a long time to face up to being accountable. I wanted the miracle drugs or surgeries. I was never allowed to due to other physical issues, which just may be a miracle in disguise.
  • watergirl626
    watergirl626 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    If you are seeing a lot about diet pills, is it just the headline, or do you click in and read responses? It seems to me that many people will come on and ask about pills, diets, hcg, etc, but if you read the responses, you'll find most people on mfp doing their best to dissuade that.

I've lost >60 lbs since June 1, started counting calories and exercising. I've lost quickly with my settings never faster than a 1/wk loss, and upping my net calories whenever I started feeling sluggish or dizzy or hungry. I eat back all my exercise calories too. No pills, no off limit foods, just more conscientious decisions.
  • Kimharbath
    Options
    I haven't used any diet program or pills. No magic tricks, just more exercise and eating well and cutting down on calories. Making sure I eat "good healthy food" and take in less than I burn up. I track everything I eat, have cut down on salt, sugar, fat. I eat a lot of beans, fruit, veggies, yogurt and get a lot of water in. I don't drink soda. I'm not eating processed food. I really have taken to heart not going on a diet but making a life change in the way I eat. I don't believe in going on a "diet" anymore.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I started having to lose 50 pounds before Christmas 2011, which is the weight I entered when I first started here. I have gone down 10 lbs since. I am not one for taking medications for anything. I have tried. But, I am doing a lifestyle change. I was doing cardio, but this week I started the Jillian Michaels 30 days shred and I can really tell the differeence. I still do another video for cardio though. I have almost completely eliminated soda from my diet. I am still not eating completely healthy yet. But, I am getting better at it.
    Good luck!
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    This time around I have not used any diet pills or gimmicks either. In the past I have tried just about everything out there, even weight loss surgery. It worked for a while, but I failed to make a lifestyle change. This time, it's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change.
    i lost 87 pounds in about 10 months and have maintained that weight loss for the past 9 months. I need to lose about 25-30 more pounds. IMO, if it's not a lifestyle change, it's not going to last for long. Good luck with your weight loss journey. MFP is a great place, the support and motivation you will receive here is great!
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 70 pounds, and all I take is a multivitamin. In my case, exercise and logging foods have done the trick.

I have about 30-40 pounds to go.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I'm lost 29 pounds just by eating better and exercising(cardio and strength).

My opinion is that if you are looking for a quick fix then you are not ready to make the switch.. cause as we all found out, there is no quick fix. Hard work and determination is what gets you to where you want to be.
  • leika79
    leika79 Posts: 114
    Options
    you know the thought never even occoured to me.........i need to loose weight by changing my habits as i just have a tendancy to eat too much of the wrong things, so its all cut out and cut down with me. i only started a few days ago but feel less bloated through cutting my wheat intake.
    i live with the realisation a will never have a flat stomach i've always been a little pudggy! and i'm a mother of 3. i just wanna slim down and health up! xxx :wink:
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    This Fall my SIL was telling me she had just lost 30lbs in about 2 months. Me being DESPARATE at the time talked to her a lot about what she was using. I have NEVER before believed in or wanted to used diet drugs but I was intrigued. The thing that tipped me off and sent me back to eating less and moving more. I asked her, "Wow 30lbs is a lot! You must have had to buy a whole new wardrobe!!!" Her answer shocked me... "No, my pants are a little looser but that's it". *RED FLAG* - She was losing muscle - and a lot of it! WOW!!!!! Now I'm sure her metabolism is shot from losing so much muscle.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    With diet and exercise, I dropped to a size 6 from a 12 and more than 30 pounds in 12 weeks. That's quick enough for me.
  • StrongHeart
    StrongHeart Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    This is all I hear! Go get scripts for this or do this crazy diet program, you'll lose quick!

Is anyone here trying to make a lifestyle change? Not a quick weight drop then go right back to your old weight a year later? Even weight loss procedures have been recommended! I feel like Im alone on this where I am from. Pills seem to be the main stream...

Anyone here doing this with good honest hard work and not relying on some gimmicks?

Hello, You are not alone; there are many of us on MFP doing this the healthy way.

I am not using any diet pills, no fad/starvation diets, and have not had any type of weight loss surgery done.
    I have lost from a starting weight of 424.5 down to 354.5 by simply making wiser choices in the food I eat and what I drink.
    I count calories, watch my sodium, cholesterol, carbs and fat intake; also my sugar intake. I try to choose healthy carbs and fats. I always choose low sodium of everything if it is available, and I do NOT add any refined sugar to my foods or drinks.

Feel free to add me as a weight loss buddy if you want.
  • Niki130
    Niki130 Posts: 85
    Options
    Only pill I take are multi-vitamin, fish oil, and some good old C ! ;)
  • geohow11
    geohow11 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This is all I hear! Go get scripts for this or do this crazy diet program, you'll lose quick!

Is anyone here trying to make a lifestyle change? Not a quick weight drop then go right back to your old weight a year later? Even weight loss procedures have been recommended! I feel like Im alone on this where I am from. Pills seem to be the main stream...

Anyone here doing this with good honest hard work and not relying on some gimmicks?

I use "my way" It won't work for others but "Your way" will work for you. Each of us have a "way" that is already within us from birth that is waiting to be discovered. May you be blessed and find it!

"Do It Your Way 2012 & Beyond"

Peace
    Geo
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    no gimmicks for me, I crash dieted about 7 years ago and although I got the results I made myself ill, I couldn't even be around food and would get angry at people eating around me. Anyway I became ill and piled the weight back on, although I don't generally overeat I am making changes with certain things, and eating a more balanced diet with more exercise than ever.